• Banned User

Monorail:Open or Close during BVS construction?

Do you think they will run the monorail during the Buena Vista Street construction? Can they just run one monorail shuttle style back and forth between DTD and TL, instead of a loop? This would give them a good time to finish work on the windows on Blue and Orange....what do you think?

• Senior Minion

Re: Monorail:Open or Close during BVS construction?

Interesting idea, I would think it will mostly be open, but there probably will be a time when it might not be able to pass. I don't know enough about the details of the Monorail system to know how much of a problem that would be but it sounds like a good idea.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

I would say definitely have to close when they are retheming the bridge. The rest of the time the monorails go by that area fast enough for it not to be an inconvenience to guests. i think closures will be short and only while they work on the bridge but I could be wrong, lol. Seen Disney do things i wold never do.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

M guess is yes but short and only while they remove the top sections of the bridge. A week at the most.

They really close it for 2 reasons:

1) Blockage of the track/ work on it/ work on things that if it went wrong could cause a problem with it
    2) Workers near it because of the bus bar issue
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

When they built DCA they were able to run the Monorail in "Shuttle Mode." Meaning they just ran a single monorail back and forth on a stretch of track which does not pass through DCA. I'm sure that they'll be able to do the same when the Golden Gate bridge gives way to progress.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Light up the HALO!

I may be in shuttle mode
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    When they built DCA they were able to run the Monorail in "Shuttle Mode." Meaning they just ran a single monorail back and forth on a stretch of track which does not pass through DCA. I'm sure that they'll be able to do the same when the Golden Gate bridge gives way to progress.
    Brilliant idea but they would probably make it for hotel guests only.

I finally got my rear cab ride so I will not be on the monorail much until winter or if I need to go to DTD.

• Koubu Pilot

I would expect "shuttle mode". They can't have the monorail running through when it's time to take down the Golden Gate and they probably will keep it in shuttle mode for the construction close to the beamway. When Monster's Inc was under construction, the monorail was in shuttle mode back then, too.

• Californian Fox-Wolf

Buena Vista Street construction is starting early?
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by simmer View Post
    Buena Vista Street construction is starting early?
    Not that any of us know. I was just asking when the construction does begin, how the Monorail will run.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Actually, in shuttle mode they CAN run 2 monorails which is what they did during DCA's construction. Here's how it works:

The first monorail, Monorail A for this purpose, departs the TL station. Monorail B was sitting behind Monorail A on the beam behind the TL station. When Monorail A leaves, Monorail B pulls into the station and starts loading guests, then departs. Monorail A in the mean tie has arrived at the DTD station and is unloading guests. After unloading, it pulls out towards DCA, but stops just after leaving the station. Monorail B then pulls inot the DTD station and unloads and then loads guests, then departs. Then monorail A pulls back into the DTD from the DCA- sectio of beam and loads and then departs. The whole process is then repeated.

It's a great idea, but not sure how plausible it really is. However, with the Mark VIIs limited capacity, even ith fully functioning windows (its still seats 22 per cabin instead of 24 like the Mark V's), it may have to happen.

I guess we will just wait and see...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!