Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• back in Austin

Re: Where in Disneyland would you like to work?

I'd like to work behind the scenes on the west side of the park, maintaining animatronics and fixing them when they're broken.

Who does that, I wonder? Imagineers? Someone else within DL park maintenance?

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Here is an obscure one for you all.......I would like to be the sound tech for the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show. What a gig, getting paid to watch the best show in Disneyland, escaping the heat of summer, helping to bring laughter to thousands....

I would love to be a Storybookland Boat operator. I love the look of all the little kids as the see where all of the characters "really" live!

I would like to be the President of Disneyland.

And before that I would like to play Sorcerer Mickey in Fantasmic!, be a preformer for any parade or do guest control.

I hope to do at least one of these before I die.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Quote Originally Posted by dzneemama View Post
    I would love to be a Storybookland Boat operator. I love the look of all the little kids as the see where all of the characters "really" live!
    I would love to do that too! One time when we were little my sister got to sit on the front part of the boat and point things out as the driver was explaining everything. It was special for my sister and I would love to make things special for guests.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Jungle Cruise Skipper - all the way. Or monorail driver.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

I want to be a dancer in the parades. I have had lots of friends that have done it and they say it is a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by sassy*tink View Post
    I would love to do that too! One time when we were little my sister got to sit on the front part of the boat and point things out as the driver was explaining everything. It was special for my sister and I would love to make things special for guests.

My daughter got to do this a few times and I have to tell you it was so great to watch her. She thought that she was so important!

• Banned User

3rd shift Mechanic since I would be thrilled to know the detailed engineering designs for some of my favorite rides. Also the 3rd shift Mechanics can do things like walk the track while full show effects are going on to test the ride environment and generally just be able have full access to and through the attraction itself.

My second choice would be mystery guest but last time I checked I heard that Disney still outsources these people.

Love to be a skipper or a charcter or the person you see sitting when you ride space mountain that never waves back to you...But the one that takes the cake is Imagineer! I wouldn't mind being a ride tester either.

I would hate to be person that has to clean up protein spills
    Last edited by Rodolfito; 06-23-2009 at 01:44 PM.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    3rd shift Mechanic since I would be thrilled to know the detailed engineering designs for some of my favorite rides. Also the 3rd shift Mechanics can do things like walk the track while full show effects are going on to test the ride environment and generally just be able have full access to and through the attraction itself.

My second choice would be mystery guest but last time I checked I heard that Disney still outsources these people.

I don't believe I was aware of a position such as that one. I wonder how one goes about being able to be considered for such? It actually sounds like a fun job.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    I don't believe I was aware of a position such as that one. I wonder how one goes about being able to be considered for such? It actually sounds like a fun job.

You need to find the name of the agency that does it. It is the same as a 'Secret Shopper' except the group consists of some not very well known journalists and critics, from what I hear at least. Disney won't disclose who they use to anyone.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Thank you for the information. A job like that would be fun, I think.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Minion

As a former CM, my favorite things to work were Autopia, Small World, Matterhorn (was a little less stressful than Space), Steam Trains, and Lot Trams (in the old Lot).

Tomorrowland will always be a special place as it was my first area when I hired in, and it was full of action at that time. ATIS, Jets, Mars, Peoplemover, Space, Sings, Subs, Autopia, Circlevision. And with the pop and rock sounds coming from the stage, it was alive. I loved it.

Fantasyland though was great too. There is a reason it was a favorite of Walt Disney. Seeing the animated classics come to life through the eyes of the kids was a lot of fun. I'll admit that I preferred World and Matterhorn, but the dark ride rotations were pretty neat to work too in their own way.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, and Eastside Attractions were fine by me.

In all my years at the park, the Westside was a very popular area as well. I never got trained over there, but it was maybe the most popular in the eyes of many CMs who were trained over there. Especially New Orleans/Bear Country.

Attractions I didn't work but would have liked to: Monorail (it was separate from Tomorrowland when I was in the area), Mansion and Pirates (if for no other reason, seeing the backstage elements of the attractions would have been cool), Rafts, and Mark Twain.

Attractions I really wasn't as interested in: Toontown (after it opened and I was in Fantasyland) or Jungle.

I would love to work at candy palace. haha
    The Atomic Bunny.
    <3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast