Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Say Cheese!

Re: Can we make a list of hidden things that first timers don't know about...

Not sure if it's been discussed (so many cool hidden entries here) so forgive my laziness. Within the new decor on Haunted Mansion - as you make your turn from the ball room - you'll see a new hidden mickey (not in the "official" book you can buy in the park) on a clock next to the first morphing portrait. But you can only see it when the light shines on the portrait.

• Zephyr Pilot

The Golden Zephyr rockets have golden tails. So yes, there is something golden on the Golden Zephyr.

• Disney Fan & Musician

One question about the cats, do they bite?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

On Peter Pan, as you go past Big Ben, if you look back you'll see a Mickey silhouette in the top window.
    Mike

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    One question about the cats, do they bite?
    They have to eat somehow!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Can we make a list of hidden things that first timers don't know about...

The boy was given a special sticker after a tender ride on the DLRR, and he's always given a fireman's badge sticker on the firetruck. Guess an adult can ask.

A bientot
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• youtube.com/micahglitters

i was at DL on the 11th. i got a jungle cruise map no problem, but when i asked for a death certificate the butler said they were out but that new ones would be available probably by the following week.

i saw a cool hidden mickey in a window to the left of pater pan (on the outside). theres a teddy bear in the window and the pads on the bottom of one foot (maybe both) are a hidden mickey!!
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I had thought someone told you: thats not a projection... thats a real ghost!!!!
    Silly me, what was I thinking...

How about the hidden mickey on the golf ball hit at you on Soarin' over California? I thought someone had made that up because I could never see it, but finally noticed it a few trips ago. Now I can't help but notice every time.

Also, someone mentioned the POTC animatronics being made to look like real people. The last pirate in the set of pirates being chased in a circle looks suspiciously like Walt, and I have heard it is modeled after him.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Disney & Anime Fan

When going through Indy line, the part that is the excavation with rope, and you hear digging pull the rope, and the person says don't pull the rope and falls, it will eventually reset for another person. Very funny.

I also go to the Village Haus restaurant and with pizza ask for fries as the side, and they usually do so with no extra charge, instead of apples. So my kids can share a meal. Pizza and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeMomLeika View Post
    When going through Indy line, the part that is the excavation with rope, and you hear digging pull the rope, and the person says don't pull the rope and falls, it will eventually reset for another person. Very funny.

I also go to the Village Haus restaurant and with pizza ask for fries as the side, and they usually do so with no extra charge, instead of apples. So my kids can share a meal. Pizza and fries.
    My daughter pulled the rope last time through and a group of women in front of us got very upset. Really. They were concerned that it said "Caution Do Not Pull" They were scolding her while we were laughing so hard we could hardly stand up. After we recovered, we explained to them that it was "supposed" to be pulled and laughed with them about it.

Funniest thing that had happened in a while though!

• Chickitita

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    IIRC it's just the first two sentences of the speech, in Morse's old Continental (International) code used by telegraphers.
    In reagrds to the morse code of walts opening speech at DL at the train station, what is IIRC?

Oh it's If I Recall Correctly
    Last edited by Disney*Girl*Today; 07-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.

• Goofy is the man

Quote Originally Posted by iTS a SMaLL WoRLD_ View Post
    I once saw somewhere that if you are walking towards NOS from Big Thunder and stop near the petrified tree and look at NOS you can see the mast of a sailing ship behind the buildings. From that position, the mast is there to make the scene look like a scene from a painting. I tried looking up the painting but instead I got some early concept art.
    Disney and more: Disneyland's New Orleans Square Original Artwork
    I asked in City Hall about that one and they told me they are the ships in the French Harbor.

Well I haven't read all of the posts.. but I know I always make sure to point out these two, especially to first timers I go with, which I LOVE to do!

Walt built an apartment for himself above the fire station and would frequently spend the night and wander around after hours. In remembrance of Walt, there is a light in the apartment window above the fire station that is always on.

Walt also built another apartment above the Pirates of the Caribbean ride where he and his brother Roy, who was in charge of the business side of things, could stay and host foreign dignitaries who would come visit. Unfortunately, Walt passed away shortly before the apartment was set to be completed, along with the Pirates Ride. This was then used as the Disney Gallery for many years and (I guess) is now the Disney Dream Suite. But in honor of Walt and Roy, you can see a "WD" and an "RD" in the wrought iron balcony above the gumbo shop.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emitopher View Post
    My daughter pulled the rope last time through and a group of women in front of us got very upset. Really. They were concerned that it said "Caution Do Not Pull" They were scolding her while we were laughing so hard we could hardly stand up. After we recovered, we explained to them that it was "supposed" to be pulled and laughed with them about it.

Funniest thing that had happened in a while though!
    I saw a wife smack her husband when he pulled it. She began yelling at him about how he shouldnt touch things with warning signs. He was displeased.

It happens all the time with the indy queue effects seeing as they all have signs saying not to touch them. I just cant figure out if there is an effect with the diamonds on the floor. Theres a sign warning not to step on them which usually means something will happen if you do, but Ive never observed anything happen there. Or, for that matter at the sign that says "do not disturb the bats"

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I just cant figure out if there is an effect with the diamonds on the floor. Theres a sign warning not to step on them which usually means something will happen if you do, but Ive never observed anything happen there. Or, for that matter at the sign that says "do not disturb the bats"
    It was planned that stepping on the diamond stones would result in something, but the effect was cancelled.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast