Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Re: Can we make a list of hidden things that first timers don't know about...

In the pond across from the walkway by Thunder Mountain are some fish that were left in the water from the old Mine Train ride.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    ...Matterhorn has the climbing stuff that refers to Wells who was part of the DLR early history.
    Um, notTHAT early.
    Hired with Eisner in 1984. Died in helicoptor/airplane crash in 1994.
    Eisner was never the same after that.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I'm not a first timer to Disneyland, but some of these snippets of information are new to me. Can't wait to look for them whenever I'm there next.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Don't forget about the old Motorboat Dock that's now a smoking area.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jazziered View Post
    Next time I go, I am really going to look for hidden Mickey's. I don't do that at all. What is the coolest one you have found Planetbogg?
    There is a hidden Mickey in the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. It's on a table, made up of three plates.

• This is it... COME ON!!

ATIS screen reused in Star Tours Line:
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

These are great! I'm also not a first timer to Disneyland, but I didn't know about these!! Can you also get a death certificate at WDW if you ask? Has someone gotten a Death Certificate from HM before?
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

You used to get one a long time ago(Sorta like the feather on Dumbo)but you got to keep it,it would say ur name in marker!
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jjajju View Post
    You used to get one a long time ago(Sorta like the feather on Dumbo)but you got to keep it,it would say ur name in marker!
    Im not sure of this though

Proud Premium Passholder

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

In the Baby Care Center on Main Street the wallpaper is full of hidden mickeys. They are all disguised in the floral pattern.

• "I Break Things"

There is also a Frank Wells dedication in Indy... on the wall is his initials FW in Mara... along with other Imagineers... Speaking of which you can get a decoder card online and translate all the different glyphs

On the Indy Cars you will notice the back part has initials, a series of numbers, a dash and then several more numbers. The last set is the car number. The rest is the initials of an Imagineer and their respective birth month/day... #17 is IC0199... Indy Crew Jan 1 99

The Hornbill at the top of the stairs on Jungle is the same Hornbill that used to be out in the Jungle

The Rhino in the trapped safari scene was reused, originally it was in a different scene with 2 baby rhinos.

While you will never know what they are... there are various "donations" within the Boathouse from past Skips.

In the Hippo Pool look up. When you see Eucalyptus think of Walt because that was the original wind break for the orchard.

The Dominguez Palm

On Thunder you have various "critters" from Mine Train. You also have the original town of Rainbow Ridge.

Did anyone mention the windows on Main Street? For that matter the mezuzah on Main Street?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Returning to DL 2/29

If you are in the Screening room in Indy you can see Eeyore right by the projector this is because that used to be part of the Eeyore Parking Lot
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    The heads of Max, Buff & Melvin from Country Bear Jamboree are in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. A Picture from the Hidden Mickeys of Disney Web Site

There is an old character parking lot sign in Indiana Jones, in the queue. Ask a CM to show you with their flashlight.
    I totally forgot this one! I have seen it before - definitely one of the best easter eggs in a ride.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Jazziered View Post
    Next time I go, I am really going to look for hidden Mickey's. I don't do that at all. What is the coolest one you have found Planetbogg?
    Two of my favorite Hidden Mickeys are:

1. A tiny little hidden mickey on the Splash Mountain sign on your left as soon as you exit HM.

2. The image of Mickey holding some ladies hand on the Mark Twain picture near the loading area for the Twain and the Columbia.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• radiantly eccentric

I just got back from a two day trip. I caught the Musical chairs (2:30 pm daily) with Mad Hatter & Alice on Main St. at the Coke refreshment corner... soo cute! The extended dining area at Fowlers Harbor (behind Harbour Galley) was my Oasis to escape the crowds.
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast