• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Disneyland/DCA Update 9/30/05

Hey everyone, I'm finally back, I haven't posted in a while since I've been busy with my new job working the graveyard shift hours but i'm glad to be back. Anyways, I went to Disneyland earlier today and saw some interesting things and for DCA, I didn't see interesting things, I heard them.

Disneyland:
    I got to go on Haunted Mansion Holiday today, It was very well done and I'd say it is worth the wait. Very interesting to see how the black and white nightmare doll from the film takes the place of the crow in each of the rooms.

In Frontierland, I believe their about to put the flagpole back at the entrance since I saw some construction going on there.

The Little Patch of heaven stuff has been taken out but I believe will later become a Horse Ranch because the name has been changed to Big Thunder Ranch: The Happiest Horses on Earth. LOL, and under the sign, it says Presented By "Brawny" for whatever reason.

Over in Critter Country, the Hungry Bear Resteraunt is now sponsored by "Dixie" and in Splash, the Brer Rabbit tar scene AA before the drop sequence is missing.

Disney's California Adventure:
    I got to see the new Animation Academy which replaced Drawn to Animation.
    The room was exactly left the same and in my eyes, this new DA feature is terrible. You go in the room where a board with paper and a pencil await you. The guy on stage shows you how to draw a character, that's all there is to it. In, my experience, the show is very slow and boring, don't see why they chose this as a replacement. There were only like 7 other people in the room, this show will not attract audiences.

Now to the interesting things that I heard. I was talking to one of the DCA cast memebers. He told me things that the park was planning to do and he said he had it on good word that it was confirmed. He said they plan on taking out a couple of attractions on the right side of Paradise Pier. The victims on the list to get the boot are Jumpin' Jellyfish, the Route 66 store, S.S. Rustworthy and the Golden Zephyr. I saw on the map and couldn't see exactly what they would make out of that space. Now, dont take my word for it, it could be true and then again maybe it's not. He also said that after the HPB beautification project is over with, they will rename the land somewhere along the lines of Walt Disney Studios.

Oh and sorry I couldn't take pics, I dont have a digital camera but as soon as I buy one(whenever that will be), Ill be sure to post some.

Well, that's it for me today, good to be back and talk to you all later.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 09-30-2005 at 05:24 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Disneyland/DCA Update 9/30/05

It's said the Happiest Horses on Earth for a while now.

Golder Zephyr and Jellyfish were never real good. They were like the kiddie versions of the mali and Orange.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Well, I remember it alwasys saying "Little Patch of Heaven" and I guess it will mainly become just a Horse Ranch and I guess it should be fully opreation now since it has a sponsor, that sponsor being Brawny. I don't see why that zoo would get a sponsor, wierd.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Circle of Ancients

Taking out Route 66? What could they possibly put there?

If Rustworthy and Jumpin' Jellyfish get taken out I can certainly see them being rethemed to bugs. I actually like the Zephyr, it could easily fit in Screamin's final helix (which was the original plan).

• Happy 2007!

It seems weird to me that they would take out the Jumpin Jellyfish since there is allways a long line for that ride. I think the shortest wait I've ever had for it was 20 minutes and that was when the park was empty. BTW it's a great ride for young kids.

• Briar Patch Bears Coach

How long was the Animation Academy?

someone waspulling your leg.

The areas that were mentioned to you would not add any significance property wise for anything. The only one that would leave area open for anything would be removing the route 66 store because there is a plot of land there that has been designated for future expansion. The other two areas designated for future expansion are the two large grass planters across from the golden dreams building. As of yet nothing is planned for that area. These planeters could be redesigned in the future to multi level viewing gardens similiar to what was done for aesthetic purposes after fantasmic debuted. They could eventualy be turned to viewing areas and crowd control for the future. Nothing has ever been said about removing the Zephyr until other areas of the park are developed.

The animation academy does not sound entertaining.