Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Summer Hectastic!

Yesterday was a very busy/hectic day so let's get started.

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who followed my live trip report yesterday, and hope that a few of you are having fun in the parks as I type this up.

Walking down Main Street got me in the mood for the upcoming holiday!

It looks like summer in the hub!

Walking through Fantasyland I couldn't help but check out the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The window display is my favorite part, of course.

Time to check out the Matterhorn gardens, cause they never get the attention they deserve!

On my way to Splash Mountain...

^EDIT: MiceChatter Wendygirl can be seen in this shot sitting furthest left^

I love the detail of this ride.

IASW has some new vibrant yellow flowers.

And before I knew it, it was time to grab a spot for C!ASP. At about 2:40 the band came over right behind me and began playing multiple tunes. Here's a shot I took from the floor (no kidding!)

At 4:00PM the street party chugged along to make it's final performance of the hour.

The pictures don't do some of these performers justice in portraying their heat exhaustion. Under her breath I could hear one say "red hot latin groove...okay...I can do this" in between pants. It was funny but painful to watch at the same time.

All in all, they did a stellar job at covering it up behind sweat-bathed faces (mostly among the guys).

^something about the stilt walkers always makes me giggle

Off to California Adventures for my first time ever seeing the Pixar Play Parade!

Zam!..?

Not sure what he's doing...

Bugs!...They Wanna....They Wanna Have Fun...Bugs!...

^the ants carrying this float were a very funny touch.

This guy almost gave me a heart attack...I Like It!!

Buzz's...women...

And my favorite in the parade! She was great.

Jessie was cute and all but I still hold grudges against her regarding small world and whatnot.

Overall I love the energetic vibe this parade gives off, and the wonderful cast that puts in the effort to give their best performance every time. The only criticism I have is surrounding the whole "spray water on the audience" idea. Now, a few light squirts is fine here and there, but there are some floats (especially the title float) which seem to have rather heavy splashes flying consistently on the crowd. When floats have to slow down or stop momentarily for whatever reason, this causes a great discomfort. I had to shield my camera multiple times. This method also completely disregards guests sitting in the shade of Grizzly River Run.

So...at this point I was all pooped out and simply planted myself over in the hub after eating at Pizza Port.

Here's a short video montage of Magical! Notice that Tink and Dumbo were missing.

I apologize for the shakiness, but nothing can get me to hold a camera still for 14 minutes straight without a tripod.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqV0h7B_dE8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqV0h7B_dE8[/ame]

And that concludes a hectic day at the Disneyland Resort.

If you're going to the parks this week, get your fastpasses early! Space ran out by 1:50PM.

Thanks for reading and leave a comment!
    Last edited by Goover; 06-24-2009 at 10:39 AM.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Re: Summer Hectastic!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

• Minion

Some really terrific perspective and composition in those photos. Good eye!

Thank you for sharing these with us.

• radiantly eccentric

Hey now I was there yesterday too!! I saw this show also but from across the way

It was so crowded. Some food was running out too like the Cajun chicken salads @ the French market, popcorn stands, etc. No worry I got to try the new Harbour Galley salad instead... Yummy and less money!!
    I had a great spot for the new Magical fireworks... Didn't even want to try to get over for fantasmic.
    sad .....
    no tink
    no dumbo
    no dragon.
    Sigh, maybe I try again at the end of summer, the beginning just didn't work out.
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very nice pics. Glad you survived the CA heat!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
    Hey now I was there yesterday too!! I saw this show also but from across the way

It was so crowded. Some food was running out too like the Cajun chicken salads @ the French market, popcorn stands, etc. No worry I got to try the new Harbour Galley salad instead... Yummy and less money!!
    I had a great spot for the new Magical fireworks... Didn't even want to try to get over for fantasmic.
    sad .....
    no tink
    no dumbo
    no dragon.
    Sigh, maybe I try again at the end of summer, the beginning just didn't work out.
    Agreed. Disney put it's spotlight (both figuratively and literally) on these figures to perform. Though Tink and Dumbo may have a valid excuse. Like I said last night, there were random gusts of wind which got me doubtful about the show.

• Returning to DL 2/29

I was there yesterday and gosh There were some things missing here and there but I was a splendid day/night I was around Indy IT was down then I got pushed into a line of NO WAIT for INDY awesome yeah I watched Magical for the Railroad Station and no Dumbo Electrical Parade was awesome but I had to run to see Magical and also saw 1030 Fantasmic so plan accordingly
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Thank you for the very lovely pictures, and video. I enjoyed viewing them. The fireworks show looked wonderful, and the quality of all of your work looks very professional to me. I am glad that you had an awesome time! And thank you again for sharing a part of your Disneyland experience.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    On my way to Splash Mountain...

Gosh, there were a lot of us there yesterday.

Hey, I'm in this photo. Waiting for the doors to open at The Golden Horseshoe, that's me second on the left wearing sunglasses and wearing a gray T-shirt (the 50th one). When it's hot and crowded I just spend all my time watching the Billies. Then I come out late afternoon

I also was disappointed there was no Tink or Dumbo. You could feel and hear the disappointment in the crowd. I also made my way over to see the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic. A good day. Tomorrow I'm going so I can see the Electrical parade and maybe (with that good planning spoken of) get in a showing of Magical. I'm doing all this because after Friday I'm blocked out.

Excellent photos!

• I'm Wishing...

Wow your pictures are beautiful! And what a stunning thumbnail for your video of the fireworks!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Beautiful job on the photos and comments. Thank you for sharing!!!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    Thank you for the very lovely pictures, and video. I enjoyed viewing them. The fireworks show looked wonderful, and the quality of all of your work looks very professional to me. I am glad that you had an awesome time! And thank you again for sharing a part of your Disneyland experience.
    Oh if only you could see all of the pictures I didn't include in this trip report.

But I greatly appreciate your compliment .

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Wow your pictures are beautiful! And what a stunning thumbnail for your video of the fireworks!
    Thank you very much! I too love the thumbnail. I guess I got lucky with this vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Beautiful job on the photos and comments. Thank you for sharing!!!
    My pleasure! Thanks for reading/looking/commenting!!
    Last edited by Goover; 06-23-2009 at 06:48 PM.

• Sock Puppet

And you were worried that it was going to rain!!!

Tiggerific Trip Report!

• Returning to DL 2/29

Great Pictures too I wish I could take pics but no camera (broken)
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Warm Hugging Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I may not like this Parade but that girl in yellow looks like she's has a very bad sun tan going on there. Anyways great pictures Groove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast