Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ideas for new DCA turnstyles

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I LOVE this idea. I think beaux-arts and it's such a classy look and would be a great way to intorduce park. I though the palace was remaining in park?
    I should have said that the rotunda is being deemphasized and reconfigured so that it does not recall the original in San Francisco.

A Beaux-Arts entrance would have allowed the Palace of Fine Arts in the center of the park to function as an echo of the architectural style.

Beaux-Arts Classicism is the appropriate direction for the California park to take because the style would complement Main Street, U.S.A. and Town Square while integrating well with the larger-than-life-garden concept of Downtown Disney.

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ...NO.
    So much for my dreams...

The prospect of the long tram wait at the end of the day...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    So much for my dreams...
    If you wanted dreams, you should have gone last year for the 2.5 Years of Substantially Less Than a Million Dreams.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Mickey Ear Biter

...NO.
    If you wanted dreams, you should have gone last year for the 2.5 Years of Substantially Less Than a Million Dreams.
    That gives me another brilliant idea...

Clouds...as turnstiles!!!
    That could be pretty...pretty is good...people like pretty....

^ I find your lack of faith disturbing.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Mickey Ear Biter

^ I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    you're right all it takes is faith trust and something I forgot...dust.

Dust is like sand...sand can build things...like castles...and turnstiles!

Disney me should hire me!

Now you're just being weird.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Mickey Ear Biter

Now you're just being weird.
    yes...

hmmm.weird...avante garde art style turn styles!

^ or even better...invisible turnstyles!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I should have said that the rotunda is being deemphasized and reconfigured so that it does not recall the original in San Francisco.

A Beaux-Arts entrance would have allowed the Palace of Fine Arts in the center of the park to function as an echo of the architectural style.

Beaux-Arts Classicism is the appropriate direction for the California park to take because the style would complement Main Street, U.S.A. and Town Square while integrating well with the larger-than-life-garden concept of Downtown Disney.
    The Beaux-Arts for me also hearkens back all the old world fairs and expos that took place in CA and introduced this state to the masses. The San Fransciso and the San Diego grounds of these fairs still remain beautiful. Also compliments Carathy IMO

• Hello

Cool Re: Ideas for new DCA turnstyles

I think they look good, but I would opt for a different gate if given the choice. A mission style gate would look pretty good if you ask me.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    How about a trellis structure, with vines growing on it? It would complement the Grand Californian but would also match BVS. It'd be very classy and reminiscent of wineries.

Pictures: 1, 2, 3, 4
    This and beaux-arts sound appealing to me.

Universal Studios Hollywood I also think has a Spanish-Mission style entrance. The Pan Pacific has historic value, but a turnstyle duplicate from DHS does not seem appealing at least to the more diehard Disney fan.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

The mission style works for me, I suggested Mission Inn as a guide years ago. California Missions are something uniquely Californian and to me they give off a sense of adventure. It would be a nice dramatic look that could blend into Buena Vista st with the open air walkways with ivy-woven trellis over head.

Yes, the idea has been done by others, but no necessarily done well. As for Knotts, I think Disney needs to look at 1980/90's Knotts to see a park that did the whole California theme and did it much better. Sure the place lacked the Disney quality, but you had a park with a well themed California Mining Town, the California Wilderness complete with a west coast mythical beast, a amuesment park area themed to the Roarin' 20's with housed bumper cars and an original darkride that draws inspiration from the setting but isn't limited by the realistic surroundings, and finally a Mexican influenced area bringing the legends of Southern California's ancient people.

If only Disney would copy from Knotts a little more, put their Disney spin on it, and use it as a starting point.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Boat shoes all day long

I see some good ideas here and encourage this kind of thinking! I have often pondered different turn styles that could make the park more enjoyable and less physically intrusive. I was reading Popular Science recently and came across a journal posting by a Belgium doctor turned engineer. He was working on a turn style that would detect all metals equating to a mass slightly greater than a combination of a zipper-fly and eight buttons, thus eliminating error when guests wore blue-jeans. There would be no bar that you had to push through, just a sophisticated weight detection device afoot. So you are counting guests and keeping people safe. This would obviously not be prudent at each ride, but the main gate for sure.

I would also like to see a turn style capable of predicting whether the left line would get you there quicker, or the right. We all know that 99% of the time it is the right, but just for scientific proof. Further even, a unit that is able to provide an accurate measure of your weight right before boarding a ride, so CM’s can make sure not to overload, or under-load a ride vehicle. A BMI reading would be nice too, just so we would know if we needed to do a little extra walking that day and spend a little less time at the iced cream stand.
    Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123