Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTellItAriel
    Whenever I go to the mall or the fair or some place where I have to walk around for an extended period of time, I get "Disneyland feet" and can't call it anything else.

    Being in the middle of my 30's, I know PRECISELY what you're talking about.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  2. #17

    • Junior Senior
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    169
    UC San Diego is Disneyland in university form. I really think I chose to come here subconsciously because the layout, architecture, and "theming" reminded me so much of DL. There's a central hub. There are "lands" (the colleges) with different ground textures. It was built in the 1960's so it has the same sort of "futuristic" vibe. Heck, the centerpiece of the campus is an outlandish-looking, towering building that has a long, dramatic path leading up to it, which is often lined with vendors.

    Also, there is a CS professor here who looks a lot like Michael Eisner. I discovered this a few weeks ago and it really put a cap on things.

    And our mascot is essentially King Triton from Little Mermaid.

    I'm telling you, if you love Disneyland and are looking for a place to go to college or grad school, think about SD. It's pretty nearby the real thing and it's a reasonable substitute when you aren't actually there. I'm just waiting for them to put in a ride other than the DLR (campus loop shuttle).

  3. #18

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    UC San Diego is Disneyland in university form. I really think I chose to come here subconsciously because the layout, architecture, and "theming" reminded me so much of DL. There's a central hub. There are "lands" (the colleges) with different ground textures. It was built in the 1960's so it has the same sort of "futuristic" vibe. Heck, the centerpiece of the campus is an outlandish-looking, towering building that has a long, dramatic path leading up to it, which is often lined with vendors.

    Also, there is a CS professor here who looks a lot like Michael Eisner. I discovered this a few weeks ago and it really put a cap on things.

    And our mascot is essentially King Triton from Little Mermaid.

    I'm telling you, if you love Disneyland and are looking for a place to go to college or grad school, think about SD. It's pretty nearby the real thing and it's a reasonable substitute when you aren't actually there. I'm just waiting for them to put in a ride other than the DLR (campus loop shuttle).
    Do they charge your tuition in 1-day, 2-day, 3-day increments?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  4. #19

    • Junior Senior
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Do they charge your tuition in 1-day, 2-day, 3-day increments?


    Nah, I've got an AP (premium, baby!). But I'd venture the food here is even more overpriced. And don't even get me started on the souvenirs!

  5. #20

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773
    Making the transition from 405 North to 101 West, where you make that sweeping left turn under the bridge as you rise up from one freeway to the other) always make me think of Autopia.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  6. #21

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Making the transition from 405 North to 101 West, where you make that sweeping left turn under the bridge as you rise up from one freeway to the other) always make me think of Autopia.

    LOL! I know exactly what spot you're talking about. I lived in Woodland Hills for about a year. I think maybe I had a "Disneyflash" while making the drive back home from time to time.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  7. #22

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362

    Neuschwanstein in Germany reminds me of Disneyland.
    They must be really big fans of Disneyland over there!


    Just kidding. Every time I see a picture of Neuschwanstein, I think Disneyland!

  8. #23

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    oh duuuuh....can't believe I forgot to mention OLD WORLD.

    Anyone living in Orange County might know this little place. It's a German community with a lot of quaint shops and a beer garden that usually is the toast of Oktoberfest around here. Walking through it is a tad like walking through Fantasyland near Peter and Snow. Very Disney feel to that place.
    Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 02-26-2005 at 09:27 PM.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  9. #24

    • D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NO CALIF
    Posts
    741
    my library reminds me of disneyland, someone suggested putting a welcome to sign or magic kingdom sign above the french doors to enter it. seriously i try to collect Disneyland stuff, I am not into the limited edition type series thing. For exsample the Ron Lee's I have age Dumbo, the Matterhorn bobsled, and the tea cups all are fantastic I long to have the people mover one and the canoes. My Kevin Kidney series is the teacups, dumbo, the autopia I want the skyway one when I find it. The books yes I do keep books in there) are old Disneyland pictorials or Disneyland 35th, The Nickel tour , Randy Brights Disneyland etc... Wdcc light parade Pete, Cinderella , light bugs etc... When I go into that room is DL all over again. Even at Christmas the room is all Disney with a small tree with ornaments that I have purchased at DL over the years, my favorite is the HM that was given with the booking of a Disney vacation a few year back and another from '04 that is DL specific.Another wonderful thing in the room is our family DL pics, the splash Mt photo of all of us with my husband looking scared to death, my daughters taken on Screamin, the old photos that you use to be able to get on main street at the Kodak store with the DL backdrops and enhancements of the characters wow those were great photos . Anyone got any ideas for cool DL things to be added to the room????

  10. #25

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    oh duuuuh....can't believe I forgot to mention OLD WORLD.

    Anyone living in Orange County might know this little place. It's a German community with a lot of quaint shops and a beer garden that usually is the toast of Oktoberfest around here. Walking through it is a tad like walking through Fantasyland near Peter and Snow. Very Disney feel to that place.
    I don't live in HB anymore but I know EXACTALLY what you are talking about ... I lived down there when I was about 7 and I still remember wanting to go there when we couldn't go to DL. (We tried to go every weekend ) Up the 22 to the 5 and BAM! You're there
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  11. #26

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797
    There is a house here in Modesto that has a rumor going around That it is a relative of the Disney family. Possibly a grand child or cousin. Not sure if this can be confirmed, but the house is in Del Rio, a private community.
    The house has tops like the DL Castle. This house reminds me of the castle.
    Also talking about everything on MiceChat!!
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-26-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  12. #27

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624
    Certain 70's songs remind me of the 1967 Tomorrowland. Like Sly and the Family Stone's "Everybody is a Star".
    You'd hear the Sunshine Balloon covering them and it brought back the summer nights at the Coke Terrace.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  13. #28

    • -Going Retro-
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,115
    I'm going to have to say POTC smell too. It dosen't happen often but when it does ah reminds me of Disneyland :o

    When I smell food like a churro or maybe watching someone eat chicken on the bone. As they rip the meat from the bone my mind wonders to watching someone eat a turkey leg in Frontier Land

  14. #29

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    As they rip the meat from the bone my mind wonders to watching someone eat a turkey leg in Frontier Land
    Ever think about therapy there, Hector?



    That was just a joke.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  15. #30

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    You Never Know
    Posts
    320
    I have a Pirates of the Caribbean smell. When we finish teaching swim lessons we unroll the pool covers and the smell that comes out reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "A Walk in the Park" - A look at DCA's upcoming Walt Disney Plaza
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 11:06 AM
  2. Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-7
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
  3. Reminds me of "People are Funny"
    By Barbaraann in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 06:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •