Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Star Speeder
    I have a Pirates of the Caribbean smell. When we finish teaching swim lessons we unroll the pool covers and the smell that comes out reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Just based on reading the feedback of this thread....I can easily say that POTC is the most "aromatic" of the Disney rides.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

This is weird but everytime I use the air conditioner in my car the smell reminds me of the Disneyland Hotel...ahhhhhhh

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    This is going to sound totally silly but....
    There is a Glade scent, Glade is the air freshner company, they make this one scent called Glistening Snow. It smells exactly like one of the scents used on Soarin California in DCA! Everytime I smell it, I feel like I am on the ride.

Another thing that reminds me of Disneyland is listening to the park area music while I am driving. We listen to all the park tracks when we drive down there so anytime that I have it playing and I am in the car, I feel like I am on my way to Disneyland!
    That is probably it then.... I was in my father's Chevy Tahoe and we were on our way to my brothers house and I could of sworn it smelt just like Soarin'. Good to know.
    (insert funny comment here)

Music Loops

pixie and drugga, how did you get the disney music loops? I would be interested in them. I love Disney music from the parks. Thanks.

• Greetings, Program!

HEY!! My thread got mentioned on the main MiceAge page!

I have ARRIVED!! Uh-HUH! .....Uh-huh, Uh-huh, Uh-huh.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I work in Old Pasadena, and it reminds me of Main Street. This is especially true early in the morning before peak traffic.

When I hear the song "Sweet Emotion" it reminds me of Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM in Florida.

Wow, I never knew there were other people who did this too! For some reason Michel Jackson’s “Rock With You” completely takes me back to Tomorrowland before the refurb. I put that song on and it’s like I’M THERE; in the Peoplemover going by the Mary Blair murals, hearing the band playing from the Tomorrowland Terrace, turning to see the Rocket Jets and America Sings and it actually moves! (I’m too young to have many memories of that lovely America Sings building but I always loved the scale and the…graphic-ness….of the murals.)

Sometimes it almost makes me depressed as it makes me happy, what with the current state of Tomorrowland and such.

• e komo mai

I noticed that a lot of theme parks have a Main Street USA-esque area for their assortment of gift store areas. It looks like MSUSA, but it ain't...

• Queen of Randomness

The POTC scent for me too!!! I thought that I was the only one because everyone I know thinks that I am crazy when I tell them, " it smells like Disneyland."

I have been apartment searching and I came upon these apartments that remind me of Fantasyland because of the style of the buildings. Guess where my first choice to live is.

• Banned User

There is a smell between the Matterhorn and Alice and Wonderland that is like machinery and rushing water (that's the best way I can explain it). When I was a kid, my two brothers and I would run to Matterhorn as our first ride and always pass this area. Ever since the first time I smelled it has always carried the "sent" of Disneyland for me. I try to explain it to other people and they just don't get it. I'm glad there are ones crazy as myself.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I live on the edge of the historic district in Redlands, about 50 miles east of the Park. Every time I'm downtown on State Street I feel like I am on Main Street in Disneyland (and I go downtown as often as I can for that very reason), and every time I'm on Main Street at Disneyland I feel like I'm back home in Redlands. When describing my town to people I often tell them that its what you would expect if Main Street at Disney was carried over into the rest of the park. There is even a house around the corner from me that makes me think of the Haunted Mansion every time I drive or walk past it.

I get the best of both worlds, and I think that is partly why I'm so comfortable and "at home" at Disneyland.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    HEY!! My thread got mentioned on the main MiceAge page!

I have ARRIVED!! Uh-HUH! .....Uh-huh, Uh-huh, Uh-huh.
    Haha, that was too funny! I love that movie. Anyway, since I guess I don't use my nose that much what reminds me of the park is my work. Working at The Disney Store is a blast, don't get me wrong, but talking with guests and selling park tickets really gets to you sometimes. It's worse when people come in asking about Disneyland (in MN it's usually just WDW) and now that we have the 50th promo video. It really makes me "homesick" for the park. Many people (even fellow guests and CMs) that I am a DL CM at heart. I guess that's a good description of how I act. I try to promote DL to people who are talking about going to WDW! Ha! I try... and eventually they will experience the origial magic!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123