View Poll Results: Where you you like to see another in-attraction restaurant?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haunted Mansion

9 20.45%
  • It's a Small World

1 2.27%
  • Soarin' Over California

0 0%
  • Space Mountain

3 6.82%
  • The Matterhorn

0 0%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

10 22.73%
  • Jungle Cruise

10 22.73%
  • Splash Mountain

2 4.55%
  • Grizzly River Run

4 9.09%
  • Other

5 11.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Silly Bird?

Place ANOTHER DLR Attraction Restaurant

Most, if not all of us cherish the charm and intrigue of dining INSIDE an attraction (I'm of course talking about the Blue Bayou). So, what other attraction do YOU think needs, cries for, demands, MUST HAVE a dining location built into the ride.

Please, be detailed in your example. What kind of foods would be on the menu, what would the seating look like. Would you employ characters, music, animatronics? How would the dining room be decorated and where in the attraction might you position said space?

Be creative, go blue-sky, think nothing of logisitics and dream out loud to your fellow micechatters.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Senior Monorail Minion

Re: Place ANOTHER DLR Attraction Restaurant

Nothing on this list. None of them would come out right.

By the way, do we consider Rancho Del Zocalo an inside and attraction restaurant because of its close proximity to BTMRR, which is outdoors?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Go DCA, Go! :D

I would love to see the Haunted Mansion get it's own resturaunt, but It would be hard to mask all the effects, a d where would you put it? I still voted for it.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• =)

I always thought a haunted dining location in the mansion would be fun. But honestly, I could go for any of these (except IASW), provided the execution was top-notch like the Blue Bayou. (And perhaps with better food! )

For HM, it'd be awesome to put guests right into a replica of the ballroom scene - with more tables and no AAs, of course. They could employ a live organist (dressed in ghostly attire, naturally) to entertain the diners with ghastly renditions of Disney songs and classics and so forth. The food would be appropriately gruesome - think Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party - but not so much that it would be genuinely revolting to the diners. There would be a few mirrors here and there on the walls, and these would make use of the variant of Pepper's Ghost used for the hitchhiking ghosts - there'd be AAs on the other side of the one-way mirror, and they'd periodically be illuminated, making ghosts appear in the reflection. Perhaps some haunted portraits, too...some straightforward Pepper's Ghost for ghosts appearing around the ceiling...

Of course, figuring out where to create this would be difficult. It wouldn't be inside the HM show building; there's just no room, and it wouldn't be necessary. I know we're not supposed to get too concerned with logistics, so I'm just musing over this for the heck of it...I guess the best thing would be to move part of the west chiller plant and build a separate building just southeast of the main show building, with a tunnel leading from near the HMH FastPass area under the railroad tracks into this new building. That'd be really difficult in terms of traffic flow, though. I suppose the tunnel would be themed as the entrance to a crypt - you hang out in there for a while, transition into a show scene depicting the HM grounds at night, and then walk into the ballroom through the doors where the hearse has crashed in the attraction, since those doors are supposed to lead to the outside.

I may post my ideas for a Space Mountain restaurant, too...

jungle cruise I wouldn't mind if they move the rainforest cafe there.

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post

By the way, do we consider Rancho Del Zocalo an inside and attraction restaurant because of its close proximity to BTMRR, which is outdoors?
    I thought about that. It's true that from many of the seats in the dining area you have a pretty nice view of the load station as well as some of the tracks. Seems to me that Big Thunder could benefit from dining areas positioned near and behind the little town of big thunder. The trick would be to figure out how to make it so that diners could see the riders but riders couldn't see the diners. One Way Mirrors is an easy solution, perhaps those mirrors could be positioned as windows and in the interiors of the little buildings.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."

• Banned User

Tower definately!! I feel like a 1930's era Hollywood restaraunt would not only provide a very elegant and tastefully themed addition to the family of upper-quality Disney dining experiences, but it would also be a replacement to the Soap Opera Bistro.

I was thinking about Jungle at first but really, how many canned jokes from Jungle skippers could you really stand during the course of one meal anyway? Remember that these boats are only 30 seconds to a minute apart from each other and I'm sure that the skippers will make people wave to the restaraunt patrons as the boats go by.

• Sock Puppet

I don't.

I consider the Big Thunder Ranch a part of the BTMRR.

Even in its current form...

I agree.

ToT was closest for me but the hotel is meant to be abandoned so having an active resturant would be confusing and kill the spookiness IMHO.

Space Mtn was a close second. You could have it looking over the ride in kind of a 'Resturant at the end of the Universe' (For those of you that don't know this, it's the sequel to the Hitchiker's guide to the Galaxy) kind of way but the fact that WDI can't seem to come up with a decent theme for Tomorrowland plus the fact that the light from the resturant would bleed into the ride makes me think it wouldn't be executed well enough.

Nothing seems to fit as well as BB and POTC do. You can easily rationalize floating past the BB full of customers without it taking away from the fantasy of the environment. Having meal services in most other attractions would pull you out of the theme and hurt the fantasy too much.

I also always thought of the various mexican resturants over the years next to BTMRR as being attached to the ride in a way. Another one is the Tiki Room since you can bring your Dole Whip in with you.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Silly Bird?

Could you recommend a viable option?

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Some attractions already have a big sit down restaurant that sits outside. For example, Space Mountain. You have the Pizza Port right next to it, so it would be kind of pointless to put a restaurant inside space mountain. I do think it would be cool though, if they shut down Pizza Port. I would personally like to see one on Indiana Jones. It could be inside the ride que. I think that would be interesting, as long as it isn't too similair to the Rainforest Cafe down the street. It could serve Indian cuisine. I guess they could do the same thing with the Jungle Cruise too. Like I said before though, the big risk is ripping off Rainforest Cafe.

Now, if you want to go crazy and outlandish, how about put a restaurant under water in the Tomorrowland Lagoon? Wouldn't it be fun to see giant submarines pass by? And the food would be: Seafood, of course (what else could it be?). Oh, and put a restaurant INSIDE the Matterhorn. Why not dine in an icy cavern and watch bobsled riders go by?
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Sock Puppet

Tower of Terror, would be nice. But weird cause it's supposed to be abandoned but hey according to Disney we can do it because we can! muah ha ha!

• Banned User

Grizzly Rapids with a Celebration type of restaurant based on camping with a view of the ride.

Soaring could use in flight snacks, lol.

Gut innoventions and put in a ride like the Land at WDW. That or extend Space mountain into the restaurant. Wookieburgers and Endorian meatlof with sides of Cardassian slime slaw and Zenian Fries.

I missed a nap so not thinking but that would be so much fun as you watch the people zoomng by. Do it rainforest style withi animatronics to entertain the guests.

How about turning the Mark Twain into a dinner cruise.

• Tourist

I think it would be fun to bring back the Tahitian Terrace, and have the tables next to the Jungle Cruise. Especially fun would be a design where the JC boats would be visible to the TT guests, and the TT floor show would be visible to the JC riders.

The JC skippers could include TT jokes as the boats "return to civilization."

• I read the news today...

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter45 View Post
    Now, if you want to go crazy and outlandish, how about put a restaurant under water in the Tomorrowland Lagoon? Wouldn't it be fun to see giant submarines pass by? And the food would be: Seafood, of course (what else could it be?).
    I second this for sure. A restaurant completely underwater sounds amazing. It's the only idea that kinda doesn't sound like its been done before in some way or another.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast