Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red Face Why do you love disneyland?

I'm new to Mice Chat and never had i realized that so many people loved Disney (Disneyland in particular), like me! i'm just curious as to why you all feel the way you do about the mouse.

I love Disneyland for many different reasons. First off, because I am such a visual person and down to the last detail, Disneyland is perfect. I really feel like I'm in a different world.

As an adult, I love it more than I did as a child! I go and forget about life's problems and for a couple days life is just a fantasy and I don't think I stop smiling ;]

and the really really sticky buns from the main street bakery are killer!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Why do you love disneyland?

Welcome to MiceChat. Like you I love the little details of Disneyland.

Life can be tough, but somehow, things are always easier at Disneyland. No matter how stressed or difficult life can be, a day at Disneyland is a little slice of magic.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I don't know. I am 40 and I have lived my entire life within a 20-30 minute drive away from the park.

I guess it's just a part of who I am. I've had the fortune of always living nearby. So I guess it is a part of my life and where I live and who I am. I cannot imgaine living so far away that it's not there when I need it. I feel very blessed indeed, in that regard.

I love Disneyland cause it's a compilation of my favorite things. It has rides, it has food, and it has HUGE GIFT SHOPS. And oh yeah, it's Disneyland.

"Do you want me to be like you or totally honest?"
    "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
    "I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing basically."

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Here is the story:

I am the son of two loving parents that work full time jobs. As a small child, I had to go to a child sitter during my parents working hours. Over the years, we got to know our child sitter very well, and she became a great family friend that we still talk to to this day. Anyway.... when I would go to her house, she would put on Disney movies for me. She owned a whole cabinet full of them. I guess she was kind of a Disney nut. As a young boy, I watched every Disney classic. Not just once, but multiple times. When Tarzan came out, she took me to see it with her family. I got a good dose of Disney as a child. I liked the movies, but I guess I didn't fully appreciate them though. At the time I was a huge dinosaur fanatic, so I didn't exactly have a mind that was focused on Disney. Well, I went to that child sitter from the age of 2 months, to the age of 7 years. Eventually she got a job, couldn't watch us anymore, so we went through a few more child sitters.

Now that you have heard that, here is why I love the park so much: I went to the park the first time when I was 13, back in '06. I liked the park, I was sad to leave, but after a while I kind of stopped thinking about it. The park just became a fond memory. Well, last year I got bored one day when I was sick, so I decided to read about Disneyland online. I discovered Yesterland, and stayed on the site from 10 in the morning to 6 in the evening. It definitely sparked an interest in me for the park. I visited Disneyland for 2 days in the summer, and loved it. When I got back home, I had withdrawls from it. I guess you could say that I became kind of a connouisseur of the park. I studied even more information about it, bought some books, etc. My appreciation for the Disney company increased, and I began watching some of the old movies. I didn't realize it before, but I believe the reason why I love the park so much is because it reminds me of the days when I was little, sitting at my child sitters house watching those movies. I guess it gives me a chance to "live" the movies that I watched as a child. It is also a land of complete fantasy. It is not of this world, and is a place where you can forget aboutl life, and the rest of the world. I am going for my 3rd time next week, and I will be there 3 days this time. I hate living 8 hours away from the park. I have only been there twice, but I love it. It hurts me to read about it, watch Disney movies, or listen to Disney-related music during times when I am unable to go because I live so far away, and can only visit during vacations. It doesn't stop me though. My interest in Disneyland has also sparked a new interest in Disney movies and other works. I hope to live within a reasonable distance some day so that I can buy an annual pass.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Sock Puppet

I love Disneyland first because I live in Anaheim and close to the resort, another reason I like Disneyland is because it made my home town famous with help from the Angels, that's why it bothers me when people say Disneyland in L.A. It's not in L.A it in Anaheim god. ALso i grew up watching Disney films so I enjoy it

• Go DCA, Go! :D

I love Disneylad, because for me it is the hardest to get to. I used to have a AP for Knott's, Universal, and Six Flags. But I have never had a Disneyland AP. I also love how it is so hard to find the backstage areas and how they are so hidden. The environments are spectacular, and it represents the phrase "When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true." Just like Walt's dreams did.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Sock Puppet

You live in Anaheim??

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

In the words of Walt Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love"

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Short answer: Dole Whips.

Long Answer:

It exudes a special charm that you can't really find anywhere else. There's almost no other place that combines fun, history, and magic together in one place. It's a very special feeling when you hand over your ticket, step through those gates, look up at the train station and hear the whistle and the steam and think to yourself,
    "I'm at Disneyland".

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Anaheim Local View Post
    You live in Anaheim??
    Nope 60 miles North. Near SFMM.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I grew up watching Walt Disney on television. I remember watching the Mouseketeers, and loved seeing Tinker Bell fly in the introduction to Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. I loved watching the programs, especially when they showed Disneyland.

We were poor. I live in Chicago, so I figured that I'd never get to see Disneyland in person. I remember when they built the Magic Kingdom park in Florida. As I aged, and had my 2 boys, I thought that perhaps I could visit Disney World instead. It was the first park that I visited. We finally saved enough money and I visited the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot with my husband and grandson in 1997.

A friend of mine was also a frequent visitor to WDW. Her and her husband took their children to Disneyland in 2004, and she was the first person who actually clued me in to the fact that Disneyland was about to become 50 in 2005.

I guess I forgot about my love for Disneyland. I just figured a trip to California was not in the cards for me.

Well, my friend Jennifer and I began planning a trip to Disneyland for it's 50th birthday. It was then that I found MiceChat. I credit the wonderful MiceChatters here, and the site especially for helping to prepare me for my first trip to Disneyland. I had an absolutely fabulous time.

When I entered the park for the first time on July 16, 2005, I fell in love. I visit Disneyland as often as I can afford, which has averaged about a week's time about each year since then.

While I cannot go as often as I can, I visit MiceChat instead. This site helps me to keep in touch with the Disneyland that I finally got to visit, fell in love with and long to visit again.

I thank my friend Jennifer for taking the following picture of me entering Disneyland for the very first time. It is a special photo, and special moment in time for me.

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nat-camarillo View Post
    I love Disneyland for many different reasons. First off, because I am such a visual person and down to the last detail, Disneyland is perfect. I really feel like I'm in a different world.
    Welcome!
    We have training sessions to find every little fault in Disneyland. We will forever stain your outlook if you choose to stay. I could link a few threads, but that would be cruel.

Or, run! Like the wind, I say! Keep your perfect-o-vision intact for as long as you possibly can!!

And, again, welcome!!

For me: When I was younger, I used to take my girlfriends to DL. Fond memories that light a spark in my, um, hmm, well, use your imagination. Quick note: I dumped those who could not appreciate DL and provide fond memories for me. My wife loves DL. Fond memories with her, too.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I read the news today...

For me, it's the passion, love, and work put into creating each ride at Disneyland. The rides at Disneyland put you in another world. Most other amusement parks simply plop the newest record breaking ride into their park without much passion or effort. Disney takes time to create a unique, immersive experience with every ride they create. After visiting Disneyland, it's hard to visit any other park, because they are all simply sub-par to Disneyland. Not to mention the work that gets put into hiding what goes on behind the scenes. Being able to enter into a different "fantasy" world creates a day of magic every time.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    After visiting Disneyland, it's hard to visit any other park, because they are all simply sub-par to Disneyland.
    Agreed. I haven't visited a Six Flags or any other park since I went to Disneyland. My parents want to go to Universal Studios for a day during our vacation next week, but I wont be joining them if they do. I'm doing a 3rd dat at Disneyland no matter what, and they are cool with that. Disneyland is a glimmering diamond amongst a sea of main-stream theme parks that contain no magic at all. Some people don't see the magic. They just seek thrills and could care less about "magic" and "appeal". I guess I'm not one of those people. Disneyland puts all other theme parks to shame, in my opinion. I haven't visited any other Disney parks, but I imagine that they contain the Disneyland magic too.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast