View Poll Results: How much longer do you expect to see "Fantasmic!" run at Disneyland?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • A few more years

10 10.20%
  • About 5 more years

16 16.33%
  • About 10 more years

18 18.37%
  • Possibly 15+ years

54 55.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

How much longer do you expect "Fantasmic!" to run for?

Fantasmic! has already been running for about 18 years now at Disneyland. How much longer do you think Fantasmic! will continue to play during nights at Disneyland? A few more years? 5 years? 10 years? 15+ years?

Post your opinions and votes here.

In my opinion, I think the show has been around long enough and it's time for something new.
    Last edited by stevo505; 06-24-2009 at 06:30 PM.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Re: How much longer do you expect "Fantasmic!" to run for?

I see it running for years... another 15... more? It can be refreshed and refreashed in those years, but it will never go away. It attracts too many people.

In my eyes, the fireworks have been running since the first time they were shown consistently... it was just refreshed and called something else. Fact is is that Fantasmic is just too big to cut or get rid of unless they put something else in it's place, but I don't see that happening either. The only possibility would be one extremely major and fatal accident, but thats also unlikely.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think like 5 years but who knows...I would like to see a new show one day. Its a great show but why no create an even better one.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is a difficult question to answer. I think that a Fantasmic show will be running for a long time. However, I expect that the show will change over time and add and change out some scenes.

As technology changes, the show should change as well to keep itself fresh and relevant for future visitors. I don't want Fantasmic to become the museum piece that the Electrical Parade has become over the years.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Despite the technical disasters that have resulted, I doubt they would've gone through with all the expensive additions recently if they didn't expect to get at least another decade out of Fantasmic. It's not going away anytime soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I see it lasting for a very long time. I wouldn't mind it being updated over time but if they took it out, they better be prepared for a huge backlash.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    In my opinion, I think the show has been around long enough and it's time for something new.

• I read the news today...

It's pretty simple, does the show draw in huge crowds? Yes, which in turn draws in large amounts of money. As long as Fantasmic! brings in massive amounts of people it will stay. I'm sure there will be upgrades and improvements in the future, but I don't see it going anywhere soon.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It will be around foooooooooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrr rrr!!! It will be changed and improved along the way, but it will keep the same basica concept and storyline.

I think Fant! could enjoy a very long life yet. As others have mentioned, it's received way too much plussing over the last two seasons to think that Disney is planning to change it out any time soon. I love F! myself, and for a lot of us who were growing up in the 90s, it's as much a part of Disneyland as the fireworks and attractions and characters.

And in that vein, people still love it. To justify removing the show, there would have to be something prepared to replace it - you couldn't simply pull it out and leave a void - and as long as it remains popular, Disney has no real reason to exert the effort and expense to design a new experience that would probably be pretty similar anyway.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I think like 5 years but who knows...I would like to see a new show one day. Its a great show but why no create an even better one.
    WORLD OF COLOR (supposed to be that is)

• The line's too long...

It's going to be around for a very long time. It'll get tweaked with additions/subtractions over time but with the crowds it pulls every night, it's not going anywhere.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is a difficult question to answer. I think that a Fantasmic show will be running for a long time. However, I expect that the show will change over time and add and change out some scenes.

As technology changes, the show should change as well to keep itself fresh and relevant for future visitors. I don't want Fantasmic to become the museum piece that the Electrical Parade has become over the years.
    I totally agree with you Dustysage. I think at this point there will always be a Fantasmic show, but we will see changes from time to time.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I put down 5 years for one simple reason - the Accountaneers are going to insist thast they amortize out the investments they have made until they are fully depreciated.

Same reason that they made massive repairs on Rocket Rods to get them running for a few more years (even when it was 101 half the time) - they had to have the ride running long enough to depreciate it, if they gave up after less than a year Mr. Tax Man would have had a field day.

Give it 5 years at the current levels (and a few more possible plusses over the next year or so), and then they'll decide to either gracefully phase it out, or they will make more major upgrades on more of the infrastructure 'stuff' and keep it running longer.

Hopefully they've learned from America Sings and Submarines - don't shut the old ride or attraction down till whatever you come up with to replace it is greenlit and ready to start construction. We don't like looking at that "We're Imagineering a New Attraction!" sign for 10+ years, knowing it's a bald-faced lie...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Sock Puppet

How much longer???

In the words of Dr. Evil... "One MILLLLLLLION Years!!!"

Yeah, I know this is a worthless post, but hey, it's cocktail hour somewhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast