Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom!

Both parks have a special place in my heart because I have worked at both. Well all the Disney parks in the US. But anyways, Disneyland has charm and the history. MK has more space, but feels more commercialized with most of the rides ending in gift shops and that sort of thing.
    Jeff Wayne

• Banned User

Disneyland is the best theme park in North America, perhaps the world. The Magic Kingdom is basically another version of DL, and no version can match the original. Does that mean the MK is bad? Certainly not. It houses some of the late, lamented attractions that DL veterans miss (CBJ, COP, People Mover, HOP). It has a better castle, a better Tomorrowland, and a superior version of Pooh, Splash Mountain, Snow White and (especially) HM. And some of the attractions missing from the MK are available elsewhere in WDW (Star Tours, HISTA, Innoventions).

With DL, for a long time, there was nowhere else to put new attractions; either find a way to stuff them into Disneyland, or you won't have anything new. As a result, the park has many more attractions than the MK does. But if you think of terms of resorts rather than individual theme parks, WDW offers many more attractions than DLR. That's why I say that DL is the best park, but WDW is the best resort.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Why does there need to be a winner here? Each park has been giving people a lot of enjoyment since it has been opened. The subject has been debated in the past, will be debated in the future, and as far as I can see it doesn't really change anybody's mind.

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Disneyland. It was the first and it is what all theme parks now try to match. Magic Kingdom was just a near carbon copy of Disneyland.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Ok so it's I believe about 13-1. Disneyland wins. HANDS DOWN! I myself have never been there but I do agree with everyone else. Mk has a feeling of emptiness.
    Motor Mania!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Well what kind of response do you expect to get when you post this question in the "Disneyland" forum?!

Both parks are wonderful. While I'm a Disneylander, I've been to the MK many times over the last 20 years and I love it too. I get a tear in my eye every time we walk in and the castle comes into view. It's so spectacular I don't even have the words to describe it. TSI is old school and wonderful. Got to see the Country Bear Jamboree on our last trip and it still merits applause from the audience. You can still ride the Peoplemover, and see the Carousel of Progress. Big Thunder is phenomenal, as is Splash Mountain. Mickey's Philharmagic is also one of my favorite attractions, and I really hope it makes it into DCA. Over all the park is big and beautiful, and I think Walt would be proud of what his brother accomplished to continue his dream.

I vote for both.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If I could travel back in time and meet Walt Disney I would tell him two things:

First, I would tell him to quit smoking.

Second I would convince him not to buy any land in Florida or anywhere else for that matter.

The DLR and WDW are two different places and they have their plusses and minuses. I'm just sayin'...

Score is 19-2. Wait! I have an idea (thank you Neverlandtink)
    Motor Mania!

• Minion

I haven't been to WDW to answer this thread!

I am sure I would LOVE both parks anyway!

20-3 then
    Motor Mania!

• Banned User

Some people say MK has a "better" castle. While it may be bigger, that doesn't necessarily mean it's better. They are both great castles, but I find SBC at Disneyland has a certain humble charm about it which is why I love that castle so much.

Hmm good point stevo55
    Motor Mania!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Some people say MK has a "better" castle. While it may be bigger, that doesn't necessarily mean it's better. They are both great castles, but I find SBC at Disneyland has a certain humble charm about it which is why I love that castle so much.
    It's not a matter of being better, just different. I absolutely LOVE SB Castle for sentimental reasons. It's one I've seen all my life, it's beautiful (especially the Neuschwanstein inspiration) and it's the first.

However, seriously, you have to see Cinderella Castle in person to believe it. It's 40 feet taller than the Matterhorn. It also has a wonderful restaurant inside.

My family and I dined there last December. We got a table by the window (it was our 15th anniversary) and watched the sun set over Fantasyland through the beautiful leaded glass. The meal was excellent, service was superb. The inside of the dining room looks exactly like what you'd expect - flying buttresses, archways and colorful Earl-esque banners. At one point Fairy Godmother and two of the mice came out and sang and danced. Then she dimmed the room and flashes of light covered the dining room. It was such a magical experience! If you've never been I highly recommend it.

When we left it was night and the castle was covered with Christmas lights. You couldn't see them at all during the day, but at night there were so many it lit the whole area. I've never seen anything so beautiful.

I can't believe that Walt would not have loved this castle.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm going to go with Disneyland, but MK does have some rides that are better than DL such as Splash, Haunted Mansion, Space Mtn (IMO) and the FL dark rides like Snow White, Peter Pan and Pooh.

Plus the MK has Philharmagic.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    It's not a matter of being better, just different. I absolutely LOVE SB Castle for sentimental reasons. It's one I've seen all my life, it's beautiful (especially the Neuschwanstein inspiration) and it's the first.

However, seriously, you have to see Cinderella Castle in person to believe it. It's 40 feet taller than the Matterhorn. It also has a wonderful restaurant inside.

My family and I dined there last December. We got a table by the window (it was our 15th anniversary) and watched the sun set over Fantasyland through the beautiful leaded glass. The meal was excellent, service was superb. The inside of the dining room looks exactly like what you'd expect - flying buttresses, archways and colorful Earl-esque banners. At one point Fairy Godmother and two of the mice came out and sang and danced. Then she dimmed the room and flashes of light covered the dining room. It was such a magical experience! If you've never been I highly recommend it.

When we left it was night and the castle was covered with Christmas lights. You couldn't see them at all during the day, but at night there were so many it lit the whole area. I've never seen anything so beautiful.

I can't believe that Walt would not have loved this castle.
    That sounds absolutely amazing! I really will have to check that out sometime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast