Thread: Sharecropping

• Former Cast Member

Sharecropping

I have noticed that there are a lot of fruit plants and other vegetables around the parks that are ripening. The highest concentrations are in tomorrowland and in the bugs land/farm area in DCA. Does Disney use any of that stuff in the restaurants and who picks it? I saw some tasty looking oranges a while ago, but they are gone.

Re: Sharecropping

No...not used at the restaurants...some picked by guests and CMs..rest is thrown away.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    No...not used at the restaurants...some picked by guests and CMs..rest is thrown away.
    really you can eat those i always thought they sprayed them with something.
    I'm getting me a strawberry from Tomorrow land , but if I die I will find you and I will kill you.

jk

• Banned User

Tomorrowland landscaping is to show how in the future schools, offices and businesses can grow crops that are decorative and feed the poor or even the clientele and employees.

All of the crops are edible but not recommended because you never know when a grubby pawed guest just touched that yummy strawberry. Remember that Disney would not do something that could kill guests so the food is edible. There are defibilators around the park in case of emergency and there is a nurse's station within a block walk of Tomorrowland and Bountiful Harvest.

Do send a report with pictures, please. It would be interesting to see those plants featured on a board as the cheap tourist's snacks and lunch. Shred some cabbage for a nice slaw and munch of fruit for a snack.

• Returning to DL 2/29

yummy maybe they are magical fruit =)
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak