Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain eo!

Re: Captain eo!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Perhaps a more appropriate tribute would be for various theaters outside the park to screen the movie... I think many would enjoy seeing it... again this is little more then a dream because the chances of such a showing even at the Downtown Disney AMC is slim to none.
    Actually that's a really good idea!
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Disneyland is not a place for memorializing dead celebrities.
    Mastergracy, as always, very good insight. But I wonder if that is just too easy of an answer. I think celebrities have been honoured in the past, Fess Parker comes to mind... of coourse, he is not dead.

I would be sad if when Julie Andrews or more recently Johnny Depp did not have some sort of tribute if the unfortate and horrible happened.

Maybe it could be a limited Edition Addition to when Escape To Witch Mountain DVD comes out............... infact......... that there is what you call a moment of insight!

I think that could make Disney people happy, people who work towards bettering or protecting the park's image and still be a tip of the hat to, let face it, love him or loathe him, was an icon.

My first choice would to have seen it return for a limited run but I guess with the scandels of his later lafe, that would be unacceptable.

But on the far other spectrum.... if Nancy Karrigan or the LA Lakers can get a parade... THAT is a tribute for people I would jusge to be less influencial as Michael.

Who do we get this dvd IDEA to.....and how to I get a free copy for making such a perfect idea!

LASTLY --- was is true that Neverland had the only Pirates of teh Crribean not in a Disney park?

Disney Road

• Yeah.....

My 26 year old sister was literally crying all afternoon today. When I stopped by her place a few hours ago, we started talking about it and I jokingly mentioned to her "Captain EO is dead!" That turned out to be a pretty stupid move because it brought on a whole new wave of tears! I think tomorrow I'll go over there and show her the movie on YouTube, that might cheer her up :/

• there's always my way...

Bring Back Captain EO!!! I loved it when i first saw and the many times after that. Mikey youll be missed.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I think it would be a great idea to bring back Captain E-O! No matter what his personal problems were, he was a great musician and this movie showed that. You know people would love to see it if they were at Disneyland instead of the what, 50 people who watch HISTA daily?
    I actually just went on the Disneyland website and contacted them about possibly bringing it back. This really would be an awesome idea.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Captain EO was a personal fav for years until it was removed. Sadly I doubt they'd replay it for many reasons not just license and contracts.

Fav line "We're comin in!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I was too young to ever see Captain EO. What was it like? Was it there just preceeding Honey I shrunk The Kids.

I wonder if they would ever bring it back for a short while as a tribute.

Assuming that the theatre just needs to be reprogrammed.

my answer to that :

• keh!

i loved captain eo. i remember as a kid always taking my glasses off when angelica houston came on, her nails would scare me! as well as the exploding asteroid in the beginning! the music was great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I was too young to ever see Captain EO. What was it like? Was it there just preceeding Honey I shrunk The Kids.

I wonder if they would ever bring it back for a short while as a tribute.

Assuming that the theatre just needs to be reprogrammed.
    As a college student, I remember thinking that it completely rocked. I wasn't wild about the elephant and the muppet creatures, but I loved the 3-D effects coming OUT of the screen, which was pretty new for us back then. I remember Kodak had some kind of movie in there just before Captain EO went in where they seemed to be using that technology for the first time. Something about blowing a dandelion into the audience. So cool.

But the effects in Captain EO were amazing to me. The creatures coming out of the screen, her fingernails, the light shining into the audience after they crashed...very cool. I wasn't wild about the ending, but the part where hooter begins playing...it just shook the theater. When I left the theater after viewing it for the first time, I couldn't wait to see it again.

BTW - Are we allowed to post the Captain EO links to Youtube in here? I was already watching it earlier tonight as soon as I got home.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I never got to see Captain EO and I think it would be a good idea if they were to bring it back, maybe not at Disneyland but somewhere else would be nice. The theatre at Downtown Disney would be a good place, but I doubt it will be bought back. I like Beatle_johnny's idea of having Captain EO added to a dvd or something
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Disney would not bring it back no way no how.... Maybe release it on DVD?

• Some imagination, huh?

The only thing I really remember about the show were that 1) since I was a really little kid, the glasses were too big for my face so I had to hold them up the whole time 2) the little muppet character was really cute and kept it kid-friendly and 3) the freaking spider woman was TERRIFYING!

I'm glad someone managed to put it up on YouTube. And I would enjoy if it came back and replaced Honey, I Shrunk the Audience for awhile.

• Minion

So many big names in that 3D movie:

Anjelica Huston, Francis Ford Coppola (Director!),George Lucas (Executive producer!!) and for Streisand buffs out there...Rusty Lemorande (Writer)

and of course Michael Jackson, a legend.
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 06-25-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Mastergracy, as always, very good insight. But I wonder if that is just too easy of an answer. I think celebrities have been honoured in the past, Fess Parker comes to mind... of coourse, he is not dead.

I would be sad if when Julie Andrews or more recently Johnny Depp did not have some sort of tribute if the unfortate and horrible happened.

Maybe it could be a limited Edition Addition to when Escape To Witch Mountain DVD comes out............... infact......... that there is what you call a moment of insight!

I think that could make Disney people happy, people who work towards bettering or protecting the park's image and still be a tip of the hat to, let face it, love him or loathe him, was an icon.

My first choice would to have seen it return for a limited run but I guess with the scandels of his later lafe, that would be unacceptable.

But on the far other spectrum.... if Nancy Karrigan or the LA Lakers can get a parade... THAT is a tribute for people I would jusge to be less influencial as Michael.

Who do we get this dvd IDEA to.....and how to I get a free copy for making such a perfect idea!
    Your idea really isn't that great....

• Im a stage Ninja

I never got to see it i would like to see it back for a little bit i think some ppl wont mind miss hista for a bit
    This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast