• Banned User

Light Magic/Pixie Hollow tie-in...

I am sure someone else has thought of this before, but I was just thinking. I was listening to a song from the Tinker Bell album, and it seems to have the same kind of celtic influence as the Light Magic soundtrack did. The floats in Light Magic even share similarities with Pixie Hollow. If they re-worked Light Magic to be a moving parade with more floats based on the movie(s), couldn't it work? Have "Dream Our Dreams" as the main theme and work in music from the movie(s) like DEP does. Those fiber optics were so beautiful and I would love to see that effect put to good use.

With this current Disney Fairies trend, this could be great for promoting the series.

If anybody doesn't know what Light Magic was, it was a "streetacular" with 4 stationary floats with pixies and Disney characters riverdancing to celtic influenced music. It's source of light was thousands of fiber optics.

Re: Light Magic/Pixie Hollow tie-in...

Nice idea, but I think Disney Entertainment Dept would shy away ( to put it mildly) from anything to do with Light Magic. Yeh , it was that big of a deal. People lost their jobs over that fiasco.

• HauntedOne999

Personally I liked the music from Light Trag...er...Magic, and the floats were nice, but the faeries were scary and the PJ clad characters were confusing to many guests.

But I do like the idea of doing a Pixie Hollow Light parade... although I do think that it would be overkill with the Pixie Hollow Enchantment thing already going.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• șoșEsteban♂

i think itwould be a great thing to do.........i dont know why people dont like light magic......yeah it was kinda scary but the music was beautiful!
    When stars are born...They possess a gift or two,
    one of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true!

• Tech in Training

I agree that the music and the lights were done really well, but the main problem were the fairies were just thought out and created horribly and since that was the revolving aspect it failed. If the fairies had been presented like tinkerbell is, then it might not have done so horribly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    I agree that the music and the lights were done really well, but the main problem were the fairies were just thought out and created horribly and since that was the revolving aspect it failed. If the fairies had been presented like tinkerbell is, then it might not have done so horribly.
    That's what I'm saying - use Disney Fairies instead of those creepy pixies.