Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Celebrate: A Street Party

OMG I really love this parade at first I thought it was going to be dumb but then I went with my friend and she made me watch it and I loved it!!!
    What are your thoughts?
    BTW does anyone know if there is a Tyler, Bryce, Ryan, or Zac working there?

Re: Celebrate: A Street Party

I love this Street Party! Best thing since Block Party!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I personally love the energy and happiness it brings! Still mad at myself for not watching it yesterday now seeing that it has a few new additions.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I personally love the energy and happiness it brings! Still mad at myself for not watching it yesterday now seeing that it has a few new additions.
    I even danced (well, what I say passes for dancing anyway). And have pictures to prove it. Quite a sight, I'm sure. I loved it when I saw it a week ago! Great fun.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Yeah.....

I'll just quote myself in a response to another CASP appreciation thread a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    You can mark me down as a major CASP fan. It's one of the few entertainment offerings that can literally get my heart pumping in anticipation in that few seconds of silence before the audio kicks in, it truly makes it possible for me to forget all of my problems and negative feelings outside the gates while I'm dancing on Main Street with Mickey and Minnie, and when it's all over, I'm left super pumped and ready to enjoy the rest of my day at the most awesomest place in the world.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Glad if anyone likes it, BUT it is NOT a parade.

It's a cheapper production than a parade, and EXTREMELY short, with an extremely limited viewing area, and the extremely unimaginative and generic type of units in this "street party" are an insult to ANY and ALL parades that Disneyland USED to have every single summer, ... .

until this year.

It's just unexcusable for DL NOT to be offering an actual REAL parade during the ALWAYS busy summer season.

It makes me wonder if Paul Pressler has secretly returned as the President of the DLR. Another streetacular, but this time truely built for short term use, built on the cheap, AND a look of something you would expect for the original DCA, rather than Walt's original Magic Kingdom.

Too many people are afraid of saying "The Emperor has no clothes" about this party. It's shortchanging guests of a true DL experience.

• Banned User

First of all, let me say this.

I ADORE Celebrate! A Street Party. Probably my favorite memory out of all of my trips has been me, Kritter, and MonstersGoBoo! dancing along with the parade and having such a good time. I would absolutely love for the street party to stay for next year, as the goofy, fun "Birthday Party" portion of the 55th Anniversary.

However, it doesn't make up for the lack of a true parade. That's something people expect from Disney, and for them not to run a true parade for an entire year is pathetic. Celebrate was designed to compliment the daytime parade, not BE the daytime parade. That is my only problem with it.

It has good energy and participation, but I still miss the Parade of Dreams, as old as it was. Celebrate is also a bit loud, I think. Sure, a certain decibel level can contribute to the excitement of any show, but it might be venturing near harmful levels for even short-term exposure. I may bring a sound pressure level meter with me the next time I'm at the park to find out just how loud things have gotten.

Yeah, I know, I'm always the life of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Glad if anyone likes it, BUT it is NOT a parade.

It's a cheapper production than a parade, and EXTREMELY short, with an extremely limited viewing area, and the extremely unimaginative and generic type of units in this "street party" are an insult to ANY and ALL parades that Disneyland USED to have every single summer, ... .

until this year.
    Right, it was supposed to be a supplement to Parade of Dreams, and it's OK for what it is, but obviously not a replacement.

It's just unexcusable for DL NOT to be offering an actual REAL parade during the ALWAYS busy summer season.

It makes me wonder if Paul Pressler has secretly returned as the President of the DLR. Another streetacular, but this time truely built for short term use, built on the cheap, AND a look of something you would expect for the original DCA, rather than Walt's original Magic Kingdom.
    Judged as Disneyland's current parade, yes it sucks badly.

Too many people are afraid of saying "The Emperor has no clothes" about this party. It's shortchanging guests of a true DL experience.
    I agree, but from what I've seen, many people seem to genuinely like it a lot. You're right that it's generic and not a true DL experience, but people still like it.

I guess in the view of the management, if there is still a daytime parade at one park, then the other doesn't need one. That's not how it should be, but that might be how it is.
    Last edited by Robert Cook; 06-27-2009 at 02:55 PM.

• Banned User

I love that parade. I love dancing in it and watching it. I especially love the dancers in it

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

new additions?!?! elaborate???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There is a small sign for the beginning of the "party", and another one at the end. I suppose they added those to let the the guests know, "That's all there is", don't stand around waiting for some more, or something better." Abominable Snowman has pictures in another thread.

On Mint's blog from yesterday, there are some pictures of the new additions to the parade. They are just push units than actual floats

courtesy of mint crocodile
    Last edited by Trident; 06-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

those are cute

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Mickey is not my Brother

I wonder what a stitch stylized in that fashion would look like.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I did dance. There were even MC witnesses.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-27-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast