Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Smile Characters at the parks?

Which characters from Disney films do you think need to show up at the parks more? what characters are there too much? what do you think and why?

• Returning to DL 2/29

Re: Characters at the parks?

I see too much of nothing at all I just want to see Rodger
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

They need Wendy out. You rarely see her. Peter Pan is always out on his own.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Question Re: Characters at the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They need Wendy out. You rarely see her. Peter Pan is always out on his own.
    Come to think of it Yeah where is Wendy
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Gateway Fantasmic!

I see Tinkerbell WAY WAY WAY too much! Disney really over uses her! And BTW that's the reason you don't see Wendy. Tink finally killed her!
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Banned User

Too much Burt and Mary Poppins.

I miss the mice from Cinderella and where are the characters from all the movies like Gurgi? When was the last time you saw even a Wall-E cut out? Where are the stars of Treasure Planet, Black Cauldron, Atlantis, Tron, Ratatouille, Bambi, Fantasia, and other movies?

Seven Dwarves for sure..
    Pinnochio characters...
    Mr. Toad?? (do they even have a mr. toad character?)
    Timon & Rafiki
    Brer Rabbit
    Roger Rabbit
    King Louie
    Robin Hood characters

Maybe characters from forgotten animated films of the 70's and 80's....

So if u care to find me, look to the western sky

/\ megara!!!
    they need to have more characters on fantasmic boat... wat happened to prince john and prince phillip!?! also winnie the pooh characters use to b on it didnt they?

• Sock Puppet

yea I thin tinker bell finally go to Wendy too.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Seven Dwarves for sure..
    Pinnochio characters...
    Mr. Toad?? (do they even have a mr. toad character?)
    Timon & Rafiki
    Brer Rabbit
    Roger Rabbit
    King Louie
    Robin Hood characters

Maybe characters from forgotten animated films of the 70's and 80's....
    Yeah I saw Brer Bear and Brer Fox but where's Brer Rabbit!!???

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I think they should incorporate more of the PIXAR characters from the new films. Some might be difficult (Nemo, Cars) but unless there is a parade, you hardly see the PIXAR characters as much. And I think it is a mistake to try and separate the parks and characters at Disneyland-------DCA = Pixar Disneyland= classic characters. Althouth you will see Buzz Lightyear at the Magic Kingdom.
    WDW does a pretty good job of incorporating both.
    "Its kind of fun to do the impossible" Walt Disney

• Laughing Place Finder

There was a fantastic CM who used to play Alice in the early 2000's and occasionally I would also see her playing Wendy.

She used to be really terrific friends with my 3 year-old daughter and would have terrific interactions with her regardless of which character she was playing.

In all my dozens of visits to Disneyland I have never had any luck seeing Donald Duck. I don't know why he's been given such short shrift but it's very frustrating for those of us that are big Donald fans.

Bear in mind my opinion is based on my experiences as an Annual Passholder from 2001-2006. I moved out of So Cal in 2006 so if things have changed since then let me know.

The only time I've seen Donald are in parades. Once at Disneyworld I did see Donald out for a meet and great but the line was crazy long so I missed my chance.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Warm Hugging Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    There was a fantastic CM who used to play Alice in the early 2000's and occasionally I would also see her playing Wendy.

She used to be really terrific friends with my 3 year-old daughter and would have terrific interactions with her regardless of which character she was playing.

In all my dozens of visits to Disneyland I have never had any luck seeing Donald Duck. I don't know why he's been given such short shrift but it's very frustrating for those of us that are big Donald fans.

Bear in mind my opinion is based on my experiences as an Annual Passholder from 2001-2006. I moved out of So Cal in 2006 so if things have changed since then let me know.

The only time I've seen Donald are in parades. Once at Disneyworld I did see Donald out for a meet and great but the line was crazy long so I missed my chance.

Donald was out last month when I was there here is that pic.

HaHa I just look at the picture and you can see Goofy in the window next to Donald there.

• Warm Hugging Anna

As for me I would like to see more of the Princes and also Big Bad Wolf and the 3 Little Pigs. I've meet Big Bad a few years ago for Hollween but never the Pigs.

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks. Wow that's awesome. You're very lucky. I was there in April and although we had tons of Pluto, Goofy, Chip. Dale, Minnie and Mickey sightings there was no sign of Donald. Good to know it's not totally impossible. I'll keep trying and hoping.

Maybe next time I'll make a few stops at the Info Booth by the Main Street hub to see if I can track him down.

Anybody here ever get to meet & greet Pooh characters other than the usual three over by the exit of "Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"? I once saw Piglet out doing meet and greets about five years ago but that was the only time I saw any Pooh character beyond Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh. My daughter would love to see Rabbtit, Owl and Kanga/Roo.

I'd also love to see the Pinocchio characters. I used to see Stromboli over by Small World every once in a while but I never saw the other characters from that movie.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast