Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Shifting cargo

Sad Lost and Found Experiences

I was at DLR Monday through Friday, and while I was there I left my camera on the benches right across from the Pixie Hollow fountain show. It was my first ever road trip and I captured every moment of it on my camera I've been checking back almost every day now with lost and found, and I was wondering if any of you have had any stories about lost items. How long does it usually take for them to recover these things?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Lost and Found Experiences

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think your camera was lost.

• Shifting cargo

Yeah, I know... I'm still just trying to have a little faith. It had EVERYTHING on there.

• Hooterville, USA

CM's turn those things in that day.

I think you've lost it forever.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• =)

Back in the days before cell phones, my family sometimes brought walkie-talkies into the park for communication. One fell out of the EMV while we were riding Indy. We let them know...sent them a photo of an identical one and so forth. Six months later, we got our walkie-talkie back in the mail with barely a scratch.

However, I concur with the others...theft looks like by far the most likely outcome here. Make sure you never leave anything anywhere!

this got me thinking, most people don't put any identifying labels or tags on small items like cameras and cell phones. we used to use those walkie-talkies too and we did have address labels on the inside of the battery cover in case we needed to identify them.

I would think most people would respond to a label or tag that said "if lost please call cell phone XXX-XXX-XXXX".

also put your name and number on the memory card and put on the tag "PS: if your going to keep the camera please turn the memory card into lost and found". at least there might be a chance you would get your pictures back.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

We usually get items in the morning after they're lost. That said, I've seen things randomly turn up 2 weeks later and no one knows why they weren't found until then. Sometimes it's something as simple as out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I've spoken to CMs who found an engagement ring or camera memory card and put it in their pocket to take to L&F later, then forgot and went home. If it's the last shift before their weekend, they find it when they get home and bring it in on their next shift - so there's 5 days since the item was found right there.

Unfortunately, there are still Guests who steal from others - especially for items left unattended, even for a short amount of time - but don't give up hope! As long as you left a thorough report, we'll be able to match it once it comes in and mail it home.

*EDIT: Yes yes yes, omg, yes, PLEASE put labels on your stuff! I can't tell you how happy we are when we get a digital camera in L&F and someone was smart enough to stick a return address label on the bottom of it so we can send it home! After 1 week of working in L&F, I went to Target and bought a label-maker.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

A couple of years ago my wife lost her cell phone on Indy. We went out and replaced it that afternoon and filed a report at L&F. The next morning a CM had turned it in at the end of the night and she got it back so we were able to take the new one back.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Anything that my friends have lost have been retrieved by lost and found...one of my friends had to wait two weeks before Disneyland found his cell phone, though.

You might get lucky, but leaving a camera on a park bench is a fairly visible area for any greedy guest...

• Sock Puppet

I lost my brother's toy didn't bother to go find it. haha

• Mouseketeer

I've lost both my camera and my wallet, at different times. I left the camera and it's case on a bench in the hub, and got it back in 40 minutes. The wallet somehow got lost after Fantasmic! and I got it back in 2 or 3 days. Everything was still there when I got both things back.

• Shifting cargo

Angry Re: Lost and Found Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    CM's turn those things in that day.

I think you've lost it forever.
    Please, don't even try to harshen the blow I agree the putting labels on personal items is extremely important and I realized that right after I forgot it.

You're very lucky semiquaver, I hope that I have the same luck as you!

• Circle of Ancients

If it wasn't there the next day, then somebody other than a CM found it and kept it.

I remember I left my EPCOT hat on Indy one day. Went to Lost and Found the next day and it was there. I made sure I washed it before I wore it again though, just in case.

• Tink 2 Three

My husband lost his prescription sunglasses in a hard case. He went to lost and found and filed a report. Two weeks later we got a package in the mail at our house with his glasses. We never thought he would see them again, but you never know

• Vasooki-land Owner

My friend recently, (well, November..) left her camera on a Doombuggy on HM, and she thought it was gone forever too. I don't know if she had a label, or what, but 2 weeks later, (after her punishment was over) if was found in the mail. I think she went to lost and found and described her camera and the pictures that would have been found on it, and thats how she got it back.

But, that was on a ride. Hopefully you get as least the card back.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast