Thread: Pirates Lair

Pirates Lair

What has happen to the pirates lair was there more things to come? I see that there no more Pirates show amd Captain Jack is gone. Is the pirates band still around and any others pirates that walk around the area?

Was this a go idea gone wrong changing the TSI to PL what do you think.

I think it was a ok idea but if you stop having pirates on the island than its they should just left things alone and just put some thing about the pirates that Tom adventure did and the island still beTSI.

I miss seeing the show and having Cap. Jack around.
    what do you think they should do now to the lsland?

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Re: Pirates Lair

Quote Originally Posted by ATSF&DLRR View Post
    I think it was a ok idea but if you stop having pirates on the island than its they should just left things alone and just put some thing about the pirates that Tom adventure did and the island still beTSI.
    Technically, that is what they did. It's "Pirates Lair ON Tom Sawyers Island." It's as if Tom is playing Pirate right now, and that is what is going through his imagination. There's really nothing they need to do to the island now, because with all the caves, pirate ship, and other theming, kids can still run around and pretend they are Pirates. All what TSI was established for.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I do remember a while back that they said that they were going to rebuild the fort or even make it into a Spanish themed fort with fake cannons so u could attack the Columbia and Mark Twain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

There was supposed to be a phase 2 if phase 1 was successful. Phase 2 would involve even some rides added to the island. Not big ones, but rides still the same.

Judging from the amount of people who are still heading over to the island on a consistent basis, I'd say it was fairly successful, at least in terms of guest visitation. Quality and ethics have been disputed and still could be.

But we saw the removal of the walk-around Jack Sparrow, as well as the Pirate Band. Disney did make several entertainment character cuts around that time frame...

Does this mean that Disney has given up on phase 2? While some have commented that the pirate craze has died down, Disney is still planning more Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, and as long as Johnny Depp is in it, I think it's safe to say that there will at least, initially, be an audience. Here's what I think: either Disney will open phase 2 elements with the premiere of the next film, or they will wait to see how the next film does before they start the project.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Can anyone describe Phase 2 in detail or at least some plans for it?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Banned User

The End of Tom (Mouse Tales' David Koenig) by David Koenig

Tom Smaller Island (Mouse Tales' David Koenig) by David Koenig

Yes they were going to tear down the fort and put in a stone fort like those found in the Caribbean Islands. Retheme the costumes and everything to pirate motif except staff which would have British Marine uniforms. Currently it is a steep hill up to a locked stockade and the bathrooms. There is an elevator on the north side but a bit tricky to operate at times. I love that area as it was so much fun to off road test my ECV. Nothing like sliding downhill on dirt toward a tree for soem thrills. Currently only the ultra lightweight tiniest scooters as well as regular wheelchairs can go into the Lair.

Then came two accidents on the play area rocks and in came legal and safety which you can read in the second article above. I remember when there were no railings on the island to keep us from falling or driving into the Rivers of America. We were allowed to run around the rocks without fear of toppling off the top.

• Member of Baxter's Army

BTW' Does anyone know what happened to the Lafittes Tavern sign?

• Banned User

DAVELAND PIRATE'S LAIR PHOTO

That is as of August, 2008 but I do not know if it is still three and if not why it was removed. I was having to much fun exploring. Harper's Cider Mill became Lafitte's Tavern in 2007.

Picasa Web Albums - Little Jim
    December 31, 2008