Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watching fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic

We usually watch the first showing of Fantasmic and then stay put to watch the fireworks (so we miss seeing Tinkerbell, etc). We're thinking of watching the 2nd showing of Fantasmic next time, so we don't have to sit for 3(!) hours to get good seats.

Given this, would it be possible to watch the fireworks from either Fantasyland or maybe Main Street, and then walk back to the Rivers of America to see Fantasmic? Would it be crowded (I know the traffic going from the Rivers to Main Street is crazy - on Friday, we were directed to the backstage area and had to walk past the breakroom/lounge)?

I'd like to sit in the very front of Fantasmic, if possible - sometimes it's hard to see over people (and I'm short!) and the railing ends up blocking my view

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: Watching fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic

I suggest watching from IASW. The projections are wonderful and surpass those on the castle by miles. Mary, Tink, Dumbo, and countless other Disney characters (including dozens of chimney sweeps) make an appearance on the facade, so the magic is still there!

And best of all, there's no wait included. Just walk over at show time.

Then when the show is over you can take the frontierland trail over to ROA. Once you pass BTMRR there's simply no hope in avoiding crowds. Try to avoid main street in its entirety from 9 to 10 as a great mass of the park leaves after the fireworks.

And at that I wish you the best of luck.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It is possible. You watch the fireworks from the castle and as soon as the fireworks ends, you high tail it to the ROA and claim a spot in the front. You just have to avoid being trapped by the rope near the Golden Horseshoe.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    It is possible. You watch the fireworks from the castle and as soon as the fireworks ends, you high tail it to the ROA and claim a spot in the front. You just have to avoid being trapped by the rope near the Golden Horseshoe.
    I don't think there's any way to avoid that rope as the pathway to Adventureland becomes one-way out. Even if you come down from Big Thunder Trail you're going to get stopped at the Horseshoe rope. The only sneaky way in is by taking the railroad from Main St. to New Orleans, but you still have to wait for the RR to reopen after the fireworks have finished, and if you don't get on the first train then it's quite a wait for the second one.

I suggest watching from IASW

What is IASW? Thanks

• Still wants to be a cat!

It's a Small World
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Kay <3 Buzz

This is actually a good plan, when i go with my family this is our agenda for night shows. In front of the castle is really the best spot for the fireworks then like what others have suggested head over to ROA right after the fireworks.
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Last Friday I watched the fireworks from IASW and then took the train over to New Orleans. Problem was the long line for the train. Missed the first train out and the second train to come in was unloaded and taken off line. Made it on the third train and got to New Orleans 5 minutes before 10:30 show time. But because they added an 11:30 showing I went back to where the canoes are and watched all the behind the scenes stuff. Then went over and got a very good spot for the 11:30 showing.

Previously in the week (Monday) I watched the fireworks in front of the castle. Just as the confetti went off I started to wind my way to Frontierland to wait for the rope drop (no way to avoid that) and then made my way down near Pirates. There was no hope of getting a seating spot near the front. Instead I stood right behind the seated crowd and had no one blocking my view. Being there by myself made it a lot easier to navigate.

These last few nights have been pretty packed, it is possible to get a good spot for the firework show then head over to ROA for Fantasmic but there's no possible way to get a good spot for Fantasmic because there was a horde that had the same idea, unless maybe if someone saved a seat for you. I think the best idea is to get their really early for the firework show and stand somewhere near the castle or tomorrowland because as the ropes come down for some reason they direct the crowd from main street to tomorrowland then to the castle and finally into frontierland, (counter clock wise around the hud).

Ok..dumb question...I've only seen Fantasmic at WDW (in the stadium thing at DMGM)...so I don't know how/where it's done at DL. Someone suggested watching it from IASW. Would that really be possible? Where exactly is Fantasmic shown? Wouldn't IASW be too far away in the back of DL to see anything???

Thanks!

• Hall Of Promise

This is a thing I've always done. Watch the fireworks from the hub, then as soon as the show ends hightail it to the Tomorrowland Train Station and take the train to New Orleans Square. There should still be some good spots available to see Fantasmic.

So, is Fantasmic shown around Tom Sawyers' Island?

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by jlauer95 View Post
    So, is Fantasmic shown around Tom Sawyers' Island?
    Yes

• ...TWO BITS!

The Carnation Plaza Gardens area is also relatively untouched for a much clearer pathway to Frontierland.

If you do walk from Main Street, Central Plaza, or Small World, I would suggest continue walking past POTC area. The crowds lighten up a bit more and there can still be potential viewing areas as opposed to grabbing the first thing you can find between Golden Horseshoe and POTC.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderGX35 View Post
    I think the best idea is to get their really early for the firework show and stand somewhere near the castle or tomorrowland because as the ropes come down for some reason they direct the crowd from main street to tomorrowland then to the castle and finally into frontierland, (counter clock wise around the hud).
    I don't know what ropes you speak of that comes down BEFORE traffic goes around the hub. If that traffic wasn't there, that is a safety concern as EVERYONE would just rush to the hub and just sit or stand where ever they like... preventing other people trying to get somewhere else or park exit an even harder time. I would also think it not only a safety concern, but a fire hazzard as well.

Also think of the circle traffic as cars enter a part of town that has you drive around in a circle and then reaching a street for you to exit. Same idea... don't miss your exit. If you came in through Main Street, a good place to exit would probably be Main Street. A half circle or making 3/4 of a circle is not considered "We've been walking around in circles!".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Returning to DL 2/29

There are many ways to see Magical and Fantasmic but be warned you have to this the correct way in order for it to work!!
    If you want to catch Disney's Electrical Parade then grab a spot in Golden Dreams is a good spot to grab but be warned you will have to run and DEP may be delayed. Run though and around the Golden State (Grizzly River Run Area) and the right by Soarin. Then Charge at the gates all the way to the End right by the Kennel and enter to Disneyland then go to Main Street Staion and wacth Magical. Then get on the Train and then get good Seats for Fantasmic It works but Difficult for people who hate running
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast