Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Leave the Carthay open to all guests, make it a nice table service restaurant, have a club upstairs for adults only if you want, that's fine.... but not an exclusive thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    If they do this at all I think the best thing would be to combine it with Club 33, as a way perhaps to expand the capacity of the club. I don't think having two private clubs with multi-thousand dollar annual dues is ever going to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I somewhat like the idea, but I dont like the premium that it would carry like club 33. What if they did a club for AP/frequent visitors, or even a D23 exclusive club in park?

It would carry some exclusivity, but won't scream RICH PEOPLE ONLY, giving an average visitor some sort of special feeling of being at the park...
    Agreed.

MENTAL NOTE: Cinderella's Castle has a restaurant inside. So that's not so far fetch of an idea. Plus this Hollywood area lost "Hollywood n Dine" and "ABC Soap Opera Primetime".

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    IF DCA built a new "New Orleans Square" type land/district complete with a HM and Pirates type attractions first, and then open a type of "Club 33" on the 2nd floor of that "land" that would be fine with me.
    So you want an exact duplicate, a clone in DCA...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    that would be horrible... they should just make the old Wine Country Restaurant into something like that... VIP seating for WOC
    Is the seating even able to see into the lagoon?

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Ugh... another chance for Disney to make money? No. That's enough to turn you off
    I never understood this "argument". Everything and anything Disney designs for the parks, films, etc would be considered a chance to make money... even if it seems "free". Gotta spend money to make money. Nothing is really free unless it expects some sort of return.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 06-29-2009 at 03:27 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I somewhat like the idea, but I dont like the premium that it would carry like club 33. What if they did a club for AP/frequent visitors, or even a D23 exclusive club in park?

It would carry some exclusivity, but won't scream RICH PEOPLE ONLY, giving an average visitor some sort of special feeling of being at the park...
    I don't think an exclusive club is needed for people to feel "special" while at the Disneyland Resort. I have a special feeling each and every moment I'm there.

• "I Break Things"

The problem with a survey is that Disney is going to hear what it wants to hear. We've all seen this before. If 99 people say "no" and 1 says "yes" the comment becomes "well someone liked it so much they gave it a raving review". If Disney wants to build a club then no amount of survey answers will convince them otherwise. The troubling thought is that if they scrap the Club idea, then they likely wouldn't even entertain a movie/show idea, and it would be the facade we were all afraid of.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I also just took the survey and gave it less than a glowing review (5 out of 10). I'm sure Disney is trying to reduce the 10-15 year waitlist for people on the Club 33 memberships. I agree that it should be available to more people, maybe with some exclusivity (AP or D23 members). But, I can't ever see it reaching the level of the original Club 33. I'd rather see them expand the original Club 33 and add more members.
    Shift yer cargo dearie. Show 'em yer larboard side.

• Not a Minion

i think a club33 esque type club would be better suited not on a mainstreet area, but probably more in the hollywood backstage area, perhaps a new building which would match the hollywood hotel building, but would be a classy restaurant...or am I just talking carzy now?

• Sock Puppet

After all, Disneyland already has one expensive, private club, who is going to pay to be a member of both? And I'll bet anyone who pays to be a member of one is going to be miffed at not having access to the benefits of the other.

If they do this at all I think the best thing would be to combine it with Club 33, as a way perhaps to expand the capacity of the club. I don't think having two private clubs with multi-thousand dollar annual dues is ever going to work.

Though members have been told to not "spill the beans" about a parallel between the two facilities, there has been talk of it.

Word about the second facility has been making the rounds at the Club for the past few months (well, at least since Mother's Day w/e that I know of).

The survey is an attempt at getting the "temperature" of the folks on the waiting list.

Other methods will be announced/conducted shortly.

I'd be happy with just the one Club facility...

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Overall, I like the way the project sounds, but I think it would be a much better option if they opted the Carthay Circle Club to be just a public, albeit special, place to dine with no Membership ties.

DCA doesn't have nearly as many intimate places as Disneyland does, and like others have said, DCA (as of now) just doesn't have the caliber that makes it a place where a high-end private club would make sense.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

If they do this at all I think the best thing would be to combine it with Club 33, as a way perhaps to expand the capacity of the club.
    Sorry, no offense intended at all, but I completely disagree with this line of thought. You know that they would at least double the membership. People would join and only try to make reservations at Club 33 -- they wouldn't go to the new club. I know I wouldn't, and judging by comments on this thread, no one else would, either.

Such an action would simply double (or more) the amount of people trying to make reservations at Club 33. Obviously, this would then mean that reservations at Club 33 would be virtually impossible to obtain.

I fail to see how that's a good thing.

• Returning to DL 2/29

NO CLUB a restaurant and an attraction like a theater to cool sown or warm up would be excellent
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

I also took the survey today. I don't think that the proposed concept was the real reason for the survey. All my follow up questions surrounded Club 33. I think they were trying to get feedback on Club 33 indirectly.

If it is a real concept, I would be very surprised if anyone would give up future membership in Club 33 for a new club with no history for the same cost of Club 33. No metion at all was made as to whether you could "transfer" your initiation fee.

I think a small members lounge for D23 members tucked away in DCA would be nice. DCA certainly doesn't need places to get a cocktail; those are available to all!
    The Mur

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

DCA has one true flaw, the extreme lack of quality attractions. If they were to build your so-called club, It would be a waste of space. There could be so many more exciting attractions that could be built there instead.

• Diva Extrodinaire

No! No! No! Put in a Walt Disney Story-like film and mini-museum. Put the club either in Hollywoodland or on top of the Mermaid ride.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    If they were to build your so-called club, It would be a waste of space. There could be so many more exciting attractions that could be built there instead.
    I never understood this thought as well. From the concept art, it looks like Circle Theater would be just as big as Playhouse Disney. Not much room at all.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    Sorry, no offense intended at all, but I completely disagree with this line of thought. You know that they would at least double the membership. People would join and only try to make reservations at Club 33 -- they wouldn't go to the new club. I know I wouldn't, and judging by comments on this thread, no one else would, either.

Such an action would simply double (or more) the amount of people trying to make reservations at Club 33. Obviously, this would then mean that reservations at Club 33 would be virtually impossible to obtain.

I fail to see how that's a good thing.
    It does not seem, from what I read in the survey, that these people joining this new Club would also be Club 33 members, just members only of Carthay Circle Club. Maybe I read wrong.
    A NoCal in a SoCal state of mind

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldznygrl View Post
    It does not seem, from what I read in the survey, that these people joining this new Club would also be Club 33 members, just members only of Carthay Circle Club. Maybe I read wrong.
    Yeah, this is how I read it as well. Membership in one does not include membership in the other.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast