Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96
  1. #31

    • Imaginative Possibilities
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Can't capture lightning in a bottle and replicate. There is only one Club 33. The last thing that is needed for the resort is more APs, 23's, and 33's having the feeling of superiority and a reason to put their nose in the air. I call it as I see it...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

  2. #32

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    I think a small members lounge for D23 members tucked away in DCA would be nice.
    In favor of donating valuable real estate to a tiny percentage of people on the planet that have paid a relatively small membership fee? Basically on a day-to-day-bassis this would be a fabulous idea only for the club members that also are APs to enjoy. A meet at the Cove Bar would be less a stretch in reality.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  3. #33

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by nocaldznygrl View Post
    It does not seem, from what I read in the survey, that these people joining this new Club would also be Club 33 members, just members only of Carthay Circle Club. Maybe I read wrong.
    I fully understand that. I'm guessing you didn't notice that I was responding to an idea submitted in an earlier post. Please re-read my entire message, including the quote above my statement. It should all make sense, then.

  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    Can't capture lightning in a bottle and replicate. There is only one Club 33. The last thing that is needed for the resort is more APs, 23's, and 33's having the feeling of superiority and a reason to put their nose in the air. I call it as I see it...
    Agreed.

  5. #35

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    From a Disney standpoint I would think it would make more sense to leave room for the club... but not build it. Make DCA a success, then consider putting in an exclusive club. Right now they are assuming people will want to go to DCA... which may or may not be the case... 33 wasn't built until Disney was a success.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    329

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    I just finished my survey. I said I would like to see the club but that it does not deserve the same dues that Club 33 has. I said I would want to see the club before I joined (who knows?) and that I rather stay on the 33 wait list. The interviewer then asked:

    "What if Disney offered one or two Club 33 memberships for auction every year to the people on the wait list? The highest bidder would get the membership and shorten that wait. Would that interest you?"

    I could not believe that. My response:

    "I like the idea of a wait, you want to be a member so much you have to wait. Many people on the list can comfortably afford to join but many would not be able to outbid others. I personally would not be able to outbid most people. This would really undermine the Disney company in my mind if this happened. If you think you can raise the annual dues for everyone then do so, a bidding war is not the way to go."

  7. #37

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommy View Post
    So it sounds like their will be a possible new club, because this is what the survey was all about...
    The fact that the concept is even on the table tells you that TDA management hasn't learned from their own history. It's not unlike the mindset they had in the two years leading up to the opening of DCA.

    Hysterically funny, in a sad, embarrassing way.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  8. #38

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench View Post
    I just finished my survey. I said I would like to see the club but that it does not deserve the same dues that Club 33 has. I said I would want to see the club before I joined (who knows?) and that I rather stay on the 33 wait list. The interviewer then asked:

    "What if Disney offered one or two Club 33 memberships for auction every year to the people on the wait list? The highest bidder would get the membership and shorten that wait. Would that interest you?"

    I could not believe that. My response:

    "I like the idea of a wait, you want to be a member so much you have to wait. Many people on the list can comfortably afford to join but many would not be able to outbid others. I personally would not be able to outbid most people. This would really undermine the Disney company in my mind if this happened. If you think you can raise the annual dues for everyone then do so, a bidding war is not the way to go."
    Wow... the fact that this was even brought up demonstrates that Disney at this point is only after top dollar...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  9. #39

    • Not a Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,753

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    They should sell it with the d23 method. Announce the day and time it will be released but only release so few so it sells out in minutes

  10. #40

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Wow... the fact that this was even brought up demonstrates that Disney at this point is only after top dollar...
    And that the TDA VPs who haven't been laid off are trying to impress their bosses by coming up with even more schemes to squeeze the Golden Goose.

    I got it! A Disney theme park with no Disney! Cool idea, huh?
    I got it! A Disney theme park with Wolfgang Puck! Cool idea, huh?
    I got it! A Club 33-type club that's as exclusive as Club 33 and as expensive as Club 33, but it's at DCA! Cool idea, huh?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #41

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,358

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    I thought it would have been cool if they did this club on the very top floor of Tower of Terror... waaaaay tucked out of sight. But I don't know if having two separate clubs is a good idea.

    What if though, that they designed it so that there would always be equal amount of members in each club, but they would swap every now and then? That would give each member exclusive rights to each one at different times of the year.

    That still sounds horribly confusing though. Either the DCA club would need to be amazingly superior to justify the price or they should charge waaaay less.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  12. #42

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I thought it would have been cool if they did this club on the very top floor of Tower of Terror... waaaaay tucked out of sight. But I don't know if having two separate clubs is a good idea.

    What if though, that they designed it so that there would always be equal amount of members in each club, but they would swap every now and then? That would give each member exclusive rights to each one at different times of the year.

    That still sounds horribly confusing though. Either the DCA club would need to be amazingly superior to justify the price or they should charge waaaay less.
    This goes back to making DCA a success first, and constructing a club second. The success of the club is directly tied to the success of the park. If no one wants to go to DCA, then having an exclusive club in there will be little more then a joke. They should set aside room somewhere... but not build an actual club until the park is on it's feet. I like the TOT Penthouse idea a great deal more then I like Cathay... but I have the same reservations about it. Park first, then Club... that way the cost of the Club is justified by the success of the park and the fact that people actually want to be in DCA.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  13. #43

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,358

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This goes back to making DCA a success first, and constructing a club second. The success of the club is directly tied to the success of the park. If no one wants to go to DCA, then having an exclusive club in there will be little more then a joke. They should set aside room somewhere... but not build an actual club until the park is on it's feet. I like the TOT Penthouse idea a great deal more then I like Cathay... but I have the same reservations about it. Park first, then Club... that way the cost of the Club is justified by the success of the park and the fact that people actually want to be in DCA.

    while i agree that they have a long way to go before they should even consider this, I think they might be asking now so to have more of a sense of purpose for the Carthay Theater.

    What Disney should be doing is building it in secret and then unleashing it to the world when ready. if it fails, it fails. They should NOT be asking people how they feel about it.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  14. #44

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What Disney should be doing is building it in secret and then unleashing it to the world when ready. if it fails, it fails. They should NOT be asking people how they feel about it.
    That is where we differ... building it "no" saving room for it "yes". I believe they should set aside what many would consider "valuable real estate" specifically for a hidden club. Then if and when the park is a success, build and launch the actual club... I agree that it should remain secret until the construction is complete. At that point the park would conceivably be popular, people would want to get into DCA, and the club would be a "hit".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  15. #45

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

    Who's the leader of the club
    That's just for the gentry?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

    Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
    You are welcome! (For a fee.)
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

    Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse!)
    Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse!)
    Forever let us raise our prices high
    (High! High! High!)
    It's no joke, we'll make you broke!
    You think this stuff is free?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!


    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-30-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] The Carthay Circle Club concept rethought
    By thermo648 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
  2. [Idea] STOP!: DCA's Carthay Circle Theater tower isn't good enough
    By jcruise86 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
  3. [Rumor] Walt Disney Plaza - Carthay Circle Theater Rumor
    By DisneyPro in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
  4. Carthay Circle Theatre Idea for DCA
    By steve2wdw in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •