Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The problem with a survey is that Disney is going to hear what it wants to hear. We've all seen this before. If 99 people say "no" and 1 says "yes" the comment becomes "well someone liked it so much they gave it a raving review". If Disney wants to build a club then no amount of survey answers will convince them otherwise. The troubling thought is that if they scrap the Club idea, then they likely wouldn't even entertain a movie/show idea, and it would be the facade we were all afraid of.
    Bingo.

Never trust a Disney theme park survey. It only hears what it wants to hear.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

A D23 exclusive club/restaurant wouldnt be a bad idea, the concept isnt terrible its just that the prices are ridiculous. If they made it more available to regular people it might actually be kinda cool. Like I said, a D23 club would be neat.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

I didn't read all the posts so forgive me if someone said this. While I agree with Dusty's first response wholeheartedly, there has got to be a whole load of people on the waiting list for Club 33 (didn't they stop letting people add their names to the waiting list a few years ago) and Disney can't pass up the possibility on another overpriced club that will rake in an extra profit. Hopefully they don't do this. I would much rather have that space go to something everyone can enjoy.

I don't think anyone on the Club 33 waiting list would give up their spot for a new (and separate) club in a mediocre park. DCA has a long way to go to even get close and will never equal DL. Trying to position a private club there as something equal to Club 33 is misguided.
    The Mur

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Trying to position a private club there as something equal to Club 33 is misguided.

There will never be an equal to Club 33...

• Senior Minion

I don't think anyone on the Club 33 waiting list would give up their spot for a new (and separate) club in a mediocre park.
    O Ye of Little Faith! Why, mere months before DCA opened, the very same Disney Company had it on good authority (their own surveys) that the onrush of visitors would block the freeways. Disney's scientific studies showed that guests would so overcrowd DCA that all employee passes were canceled and extra CMs were raided from Disneyland.

Chuckle if you will, giggle if you must, but when the finished surveys show 90% of Southern California residents in the $250K+ income bracket would pay $10K+ to join an exclusive DCA club, don't say you weren't warned.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-30-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Only the most official Disney fans are going to be part of this club, so start emptying your wallets.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah they might actually get a lot of responses from people saying "yes good idea" but when it actually comes time to taking membership orders, they might not find anyone interested.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I don't think anyone on the Club 33 waiting list would give up their spot for a new (and separate) club in a mediocre park. DCA has a long way to go to even get close and will never equal DL. Trying to position a private club there as something equal to Club 33 is misguided.
    I took the survey last night, and this is pretty much exactly what I said. I added that offering such a thing to those of us on the Club 33 waiting list felt like they were asking us to settle, and that no way was a club in DCA worth the same price as Club 33.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yah they might actually get a lot of responses from people saying "yes good idea" but when it actually comes time to taking membership orders, they might not find anyone interested.

"Interested", yes. Able to cut a check, probably not.

As with the current Club 33 list, when it comes time to write the check, over 90% disappear into the night.

Most of those 90%'ers are folks that joined the list within the past 6 to 9 years. Coincidentally, that is also about the same time frame that most folks started hearing about the Club in the first place.

The internet and fan sites certainly helped (hurt???) with the exposure...

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I'm just thankful that this didn't happen to SBC. An interactive guest experience would have been lovely in this "theater." Will the average guest be able to enter at all or will it just be the castle with no walk through DCA style?

Where exactly is this theater supposed to be built?(What is going to get demolished in other words)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

As with the current Club 33 list, when it comes time to write the check, over 90% disappear into the night.

Most of those 90%'ers are folks that joined the list within the past 6 to 9 years. Coincidentally, that is also about the same time frame that most folks started hearing about the Club in the first place.

Ah yes, better wording you have. Not able to cut a check was what I meant.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

Wow, that's a high percentage. Where did you hear that? So if there are 1000 on the list now, only 100 would actually pay? I've been on the list awhile now, I sure hope your percentages are correct.

Wink Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

Here's my 2 cents

Would it be possible to...

1) Enlarge the existing Club 33 to allow for a higher membership which would increase revenue?

2) Create a 2nd Club 33 somewhere else in Disneyland? Perhaps on Main street?

3) Let a new Club in DCA have a name that associates it more closely to Club 33...like Club 33 South. If you make this Club spectacular enough, you could give members a new venue for a nice meal.

Just ideas folks. Don't take it personally.
    Last edited by Wisdom; 07-01-2009 at 11:49 AM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
    1) Enlarge the existing Club 33 to allow for a higher membership which would increase revenue?
    Probably... getting rid of the Dream Suite and expanding into that space.
    Probably the best idea.

2) Create a 2nd Club 33 somewhere else in Disneyland? Perhaps on Main street?
    Possibly... but the idea of a single exclusive location really ads to the mystique of the place. Adding locations, even within the same park would tend to cheapen that.

3) Let a new Club in DCA have a name that associates it more closely to Club 33...like Club 33 South. If you make this Club spectacular enough, you could give members a new venue for a nice meal.
    No... not really a fan of this idea. This cheapens it more than adding a 2nd location within Disneyland. This sounds like a franchise kind of things. The whole idea is it is one location. Exclusive. This is it... no where else.

Not taking it personally, just voicing my opinion on the options put forward

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast