Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• DisneyMommy

Carthay Circle Club Concept

So it sounds like their will be a possible new club, because this is what the survey was all about

Carthay Circle Club Concept
    As Members enter through the private entry to the Carthay Circle Club they will find themselves in The Animators Lounge, where Walt and the Disney animators would have come to relax and swap stories. You can practically hear the animators delivering their latest story pitch. In the lounge you enjoy music as you sip a cocktail created from a unique menu of specialty cocktails created just for Club Members while your table is being prepared upstairs.
    Upstairs in the Carthay Circle Club members enjoy a contemporary open floor plan where architectural details blend wrought iron, thick stucco walls, and Spanish tile with clean lines, translucent panels and atmospheric lighting to create a warm and comfortable ambiance paying homage to the rich history of California. Take a seat in a comfortable booth where on one side you can see into the open show kitchen where talented chefs prepare your meal, while on the other vista you can gaze out through tall windows towards the terraces and sky. In the center of the dining room sits the Tower Room featuring a crafted arched ceiling encircled by photos and historical artifacts from Walt's earliest accomplishments as a young animator.
    As you gaze out at the new Buena Vista Street and watch Guests entering Disney's California Adventure you contemplate what Club Member benefit you'll enjoy next. Maybe you'll take advantage of preferred viewing for Disney California Adventure's new World of Color show or the parade. Maybe you and your Guests will enjoy visiting one or both Disney theme parks and experiencing a favorite attraction as part of your meal. As you head downstairs, you stop in the lounge to enjoy a dessert while you make a decision.

How do you join? Only Carthay Circle Club members can enjoy these great benefits but as a member of the Club 33 wait list you'll enjoy a special invitation to be among the founding members of Carthay Circle Club at a starting rate of $10,450 initiation and $3,275 annual dues.
    See you at the club.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Carthay Circle Club Concept

Just what DCA DOESN'T need. They couldn't even fill up the nice restaurant that they had upstairs at the vineyard. So, now they want to use the prime space at the central spot in DCA for a Club 33 style exclusive membership restaurant?

I'd be thrilled if this was simply a nicely themed restaurant that anyone could attend. But does DCA or the Disneyland Resort need more super restricted hugely expensive club dining? Why don't they work on improving the sliding quality of Club 33 before they build another waste of money!?!?

Hopefully the survey won't go well and they'll use that space for something more useful.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• HauntedOne999

that would be horrible... they should just make the old Wine Country Restaurant into something like that... VIP seating for WOC
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

That what i told them when I did the survey. It just would not have the same appeal of the original, and Ca does NOT need it.

• We Go On.

Ugh. The icon in the park turning into another chance for Disney to make money? No. That's enough to turn you off- being drawn further into the park by a beautiful building, only to realize that you have to be a member to get in.

• I'm not really here

Ok, this is possibly the worst idea I've yet heard. I'm fine with them doing a restaurant and club, but it should not be exclusive like Club 33. What makes Club33 special is that it's the only one.

Leave the Carthay open to all guests, make it a nice table service restaurant, have a club upstairs for adults only if you want, that's fine.... but not an exclusive thing. No. BAD BAD idea.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    That what i told them when I did the survey. It just would not have the same appeal of the original, and Ca does NOT need it.
    THANK YOU!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommy View Post
    As Members enter through the private entry to the Carthay Circle Club they will find themselves in The Animators Lounge, where Walt and the Disney animators would have come to relax and swap stories. You can practically hear the animators delivering their latest story pitch. In the lounge you enjoy music as you sip a cocktail created from a unique menu of specialty cocktails created just for Club Members while your table is being prepared upstairs.
    Mr. Disney had a similiar set-up at the studio on top of the Animation Building called The Penthouse Club run by a childhood friend of his. It was men only.

And no to this new concept. The last thing DCA needs, especially at this juncture in its first decade, is anything exclusionary.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Lame.

Part of the "magic" of having the privilege to enjoy Club 33 is that it is hidden out of the site of everyday guests, yet being in the middle of it all. It's like being in a tree house -- you feel protected, yet are able to spy in on the action below.

Somehow I doubt that a club in DCA would evoke this same feeling on its guests. What's the use of having a high-priced gourmet meal without the fun of feeling hidden from the rest of the guests? How boring is it to be able to look out at the vastness of DCA (even though it will be remodeled) when you can look out into the intimate passageways of New Orleans Square?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

IF DCA built a new "New Orleans Square" type land/district complete with a HM and Pirates type attractions first, and then open a type of "Club 33" on the 2nd floor of that "land" that would be fine with me. But so far none of the projects in the DCA makeover seem to be reaching that extensive a level. And Radiator Springs isn't really classy enough for a "Club 33" project.

• Know More Than You Should

Yep, I took the survey this morning as well and didn't give the concept terribly good ratings.

After all, Disneyland already has one expensive, private club, who is going to pay to be a member of both? And I'll bet anyone who pays to be a member of one is going to be miffed at not having access to the benefits of the other.

If they do this at all I think the best thing would be to combine it with Club 33, as a way perhaps to expand the capacity of the club. I don't think having two private clubs with multi-thousand dollar annual dues is ever going to work.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Lamer than lame. I wonder how many people answering the survey would actually give up their place in line for this new club 33-lite. No one I know.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Lamer than lame. I wonder how many people answering the survey would actually give up their place in line for this new club 33-lite. No one I know.
    Ha, is this some scheme for Disney to try and get a bunch of people off Club 33's list? I bet so.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And Radiator Springs isn't really classy enough for a "Club 33" project.
    No, it would be "Club 66." That's twice as good!

• Not a Minion

I somewhat like the idea, but I dont like the premium that it would carry like club 33. What if they did a club for AP/frequent visitors, or even a D23 exclusive club in park?

It would carry some exclusivity, but won't scream RICH PEOPLE ONLY, giving an average visitor some sort of special feeling of being at the park...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast