• Future Indy Castmember

Starting off a Fantasmic! Vacation with Disneyland 6-27-09

With high school now part of the past I figured I start my vacation with a well-earned trip to Disneyland for the whole day.

Arriving at Disneyland around 8:50-9:00, my first stop was the Main Street Photo Shop to buy a picture from my last visit. I must've bought the pic too early as the machines were not printing the pic I bought, the CM who proccessed my order said it was going to take around 10 min, but it took a bit longer. He tried the process the same pic on another computer and still no-go. He offered another 5x7 pic from my photopass card free of charge along with the pic as a compensation which I agreed to. The pics were eventually printed and I got both with a copy of the pic I ordered, so thats 3 pics in one day from the Photo Shop. Too many for me, since I usually buy just one 5x7 pic each time. I'll upload those pics as soon as I can scan them. Look for them later on in this report.

Since Pixie Hollow just opened, I figured I stop there first since it was still cool, and I wanted to get my first round in Pixie Hollow over before the heat setteled in. The first fairy I saw was Iridessa, who I haven't seen before. So Rosetta is the only fairy I haven't met yet.

And then moved on to Tinkerbell, this Tink, I haven't seen yet.

After the first run, I headed on over to Indy, where I used Single Rider for the whole day. Indy broke down 3 times that day. The first time was a audio problem, according to my CM friend. The second time was around 8PM beacuse one of the zones in the ride. The third time, actaully happened 5 minutes after the second one. This one aggrevating the last breakdown resulting in a complete evac. Ride reopened quickly before the first Fantasmic!

Coming up: Rivers of America, Aladdin and Jasmine, a bird, Pixie Hollow round 2 and night shots with 2 videos along with more details about my trip.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Starting off a Fantasmic! Vacation with Disneyland 6-27-09

Keep them coming, can't wait for more. Did you get a "Just Graduated" Button?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Keep them coming, can't wait for more. Did you get a "Just Graduated" Button?
    I actually got a "just graduated button at Grad Nite, forgot to bring it though, next time I will.

Part 2

Around 12, I decided to take a quick trip over to Pirates Lair to look at the Fantasmic! stage.

I took these shots of the Mark Twain as it was making it's rounds around ROA

I wish they bring Fort Wilderness back for guests. Do you?

After returning to the mainland, I went to Adventureland where I noticed Aladdin and Jasmine were out, decided to get a pic with them since I haven't met them yet.

So, does anybody know what this bird is? I like this one. He was spotted hanging around the frontierland entrance.

Around 7:25, I went back to Pixie Hollow for the 2nd round, the CM in front told me that Rosetta and Silvermist were out, so I was hoping Rosetta would be there when I went in, but, it was Silvermist again. But it was okay since I haven't met this one yet.

And then I moved on to Tinker Bell. And this one I haven't met yet too ( I think)

After that, I headed back to Indy, where the 2nd and 3rd breakdowns happened. As I was leaving Indy, I took these pics of the queue with no people.

Coming up in the final part: Pixie Hollow Night Shots, two videos and the scans of the pictures I bought.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I like the shots of the empty Indy queue!!

• Future Indy Castmember

Final part

After watching Magical (Dumbo flew so I feel like I'm getting lucky with this show, since people are complaining of Dumbo not appearing at times.) I headed on over to my spot for the 10:30 Fantasmic!. Great as usual, still can't wait for the new dragon. I then made my back to Pixie Hollow to get better nighttime pics and recorded the light show, both times I recorded the light show it was different.

From around 8PM
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLOf0dOKtT0"]YouTube - Pixie Hollow New Enhancements at the Disneyland Resort[/ame]
    Around 11:15PM
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQiVh0iMqk"]YouTube - Pixie Hollow New Enhancements Disneyland Resort[/ame]

Heres the pic I brought when I first came in the park

And heres the one I got as a compensation for the delay

And here are 2 bonus shots of the Rivers of America during my Grad Nite on 6/18

THE END

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Banned User

Awesome photos. I haven't been to Pixie Hollow yet, so the in-depth look at it was very nice. Thank you!!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Very nice, like the Summer Nightastic border.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Love the Pixie Hollow night shots, especially the one with the Matterhorn backdrop. Very nice work indeed! Congratulations on your graduation as well!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Awesome photos. I haven't been to Pixie Hollow yet, so the in-depth look at it was very nice. Thank you!!
    Certainly, don't worry about the wait for Pixie Hollow while the characters are out. While they are long at times, the experience with the fairies are well worth the wait. And new light show makes the are much more breathtaking.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum