Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SO CAL 3-day pass question

A friend of mine in LA bought an extra one of these for me (I'm in N. CAL). Am I going to be able to use it since my ID doesn't have the appropriate zip code. Maybe she should just give it to someone who can use it? Thanks
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Re: SO CAL 3-day pass question

Technically, no, one would not be able to use it, unless you show proper i.d. at the turnstile. Based upon what I have read so far, it is safe to say that if the park is very busy with long lines, most likely one would not be asked for i.d. However, even still then, it may be done at random. If the park is not busy, there is a very good chance that you will be asked for proper i.d. It is a risk to take in the event one does not qualify for such ticket. One would have to pay an additional amount, in order to then gain admission. That means having to go to the ticket booth, wait in most likely a long line, then go back to the admission gate.
    I cannot say that saving a small amount of money, is worth the potential embarrassment, inconvenience, and also being seen as cheating Disneyland.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

That's what I thought. She thought she was getting me this awesome gift. And she was SO disappointed when I told her that I didn't think I could use them. I am sure she'll be able to find someone to take it off her hands.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Another option, take the unused ticket to the ticket booths, and explain the situation. More than likely Disney will offer you a $99 credit towards any other ParkHopper that they offer, and you are eligible.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks Darkbeer!

You know everything! Can you also tell me what the meaning of life is??

• Bonjour Mes Amis

This is the policy from Disney's website:

TICKET IS BLOCKED OUT ON JULY 4, 2009.

• Tickets valid for Southern California residents within Zip Codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within Zip Codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.

• The Disneyland® Resort Summer Fun Pass is valid for three days of admission at both Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park, including visits to both Parks on the same day.

• Tickets expire 45 days from first use. First use must occur by August 23, 2009.

• Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.

• Limit eight (8) tickets per person per day with valid ID.

• This ticket may be upgraded to any Annual Passport so long as such upgrade occurs on or before the last valid day of ticket usage.

• Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Ticket not valid before June 1, 2009. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. All offers, events, tickets, age ranges, services, attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice. ©Disney

https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Ti...QBwlKFyQ%3D%3D

Yes one can try to use this type of pass, one way or another,however in the end, the difference between a person that knows the rules should accept them, verses a park visitor did not know the policy, that had been given X So. Ca. ticket, that cannot be used for guests, and then needing to try to explain the situation.
    Intent plays a very large part as to what a person knows to do that is correct, and in keeping with in this case Disney policy, or not. I know that I can try the above, and act like I did not know any better, however, I do know better. So again, one is free to attempt to use X ticket, that is only for So. Ca. residents, but it might not work out. Even if one can apply the cost toward a park hopper ticket, again, one will have to go and wait in a line, to try to do this.

I for one, will not ever bother to even attempt to do what is the wrong thing, when one knows better.

• Mickey Ear Biter

You will probably be fine ( I wear my sunglasses and they never ask me to remove them to compare my face to my picutre)

One time, however, (when I was not wearing sunglasses) a worker asked if I had any extra id. Even though I was annoyed, I smiled and took out three.

(Ironically I have a face that looks like it did when I was ten. I never look differnet from my photo)
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Bonjour Mes Amis

If one is a resident of Southern Ca. then with proper i.d. it should never be a problem to gain admission to the park.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    If one is a resident of Southern Ca. then with proper i.d. it should never be a problem to gain admission to the park.
    But the Original Poster said she lived in Northern California, and therefore is not eligible to use the Summer Fun Pass, based on Disney's rules.

And as for the meaning of life....

Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Disneyland has stepped up random ID checking this summer, and even I've noticed it. Just yesterday, both times entering Disneyland people in the turnstile next to me were arguing with CMs over IDs.

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Disneyland has stepped up random ID checking this summer, and even I've noticed it. Just yesterday, both times entering Disneyland people in the turnstile next to me were arguing with CMs over IDs.
    from what I have diosocvered, if you complain anough and loud enough, you'll get your way. Or try being nice about it-- that works too.

Just say you got them as gifts and you didn't know. You will be fine. Not all cast members are mean and strict as they might seem.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by name removed
    from what I have diosocvered, if you complain anough and loud enough, you'll get your way.
    I'd strongly discourage the practice of "complaining loud enough to get your way." That's exactly why passholders have such a bad reputation.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    from what I have diosocvered, if you complain anough and loud enough, you'll get your way. Or try being nice about it-- that works too.

Just say you got them as gifts and you didn't know. You will be fine. Not all cast members are mean and strict as they might seem.
    I have no interest in circumventing Disneyland's policies, which in the end make tickets more expensive for everybody. Playing stupid is not an excuse for stealing.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Another option, take the unused ticket to the ticket booths, and explain the situation. More than likely Disney will offer you a $99 credit towards any other ParkHopper that they offer, and you are eligible.
    Very True and Disney will not leave you empty handed because they do not want any of their guests to be unhappy Try calling Guest Relations
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Mickey Ear Biter

I am actaully friends with many cast memebers-- I have NEVER complained about one ( and I have had many reasons to)

I agree there are some crazy pass holders who give all a bad name, but don't act all self-righteous as if you have never been upset with one.

My mom yells/gets loud (while I am often embarassed with a red face on the side), but she gets her way and I benefit from it so I cannot complain.

Sometimes, they are ridiculous and don't follow Disney procedures pertaining to guest relations. If you go higher up, you will find out that in the end, for the most part, they need to give you what you want within reason. I'd say this case would be within reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast