Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What show is currently playing at the outdoor theatre by Toon Town?

There is an outdoor theatre outside of Toon Town. What stage show is currently playing there?

Thanks!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: What show is currently playing at the outdoor theatre by Toon Town?

The Fantasyland Theater has been transformed into the Princess Fantasy Faire - little more than a meet and greet of Disney Princesses.

Here's the link from the official Disneyland website.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• ...TWO BITS!

There was previously a Coronation Ceremony, but that was stopped eariler this year I believe.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Queen Elsa

Your right there is no shows there anymore it was for the Princess but with buget cuts they cancel the show.

• Returning to DL 2/29

It is just to hidden and not much park publicity in that area that whole side of the park could become a new attraction Don't you think
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• FastPass n00b

I want them to bring back the Beauty and the Beast Stage Show. I saw it once in 1993 and again in 1994 but never got to see it again after that. The area never really did recover after losing that show, it was always off the mark with every subsequent show. I doubt Disney will do anything with the area now, it's been forgotten and that's the way they like it. Out of sight, out of mind... and out of the budget.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Yeah some sort of Show the Fantasy Faire is outdated because Pixies have taken over
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

There was a time when entertainment was important to the Disneyland Resort. I remember when there was a daytime and night time parade, Fantasmic, Festival of Fools, and Pocahontas show, and fireworks all playing at the park at the same time! You could spend a whole day going to shows and parades.

Now we have a crappy street celebration and no shows except for (the still fantastic) Fantasmic and scaled back fireworks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Disneyland News Today Podcast Royal Coronation Ceremony

... the Royal Coronation Ceremony & Disney Princess Storytelling Shows at the Princess Fantasy Faire will no longer be performed after January 4th 2009.
    They got rid of the theatrical performances but kept the stage intact and put in the Royal Coronation Ceremony and Disney Storytelling. The storytelling was removed from the Fantasyland shop that sold toys and became part of BBB. When BBB opened up that meant the end of everything at the Princess Fantasy Faire but the meet and greet with 3 princesses and selling standard merchandise that can be bought elsewhere.

They left open the Enchanted Cottage that sold Bratwurst and snacks but it will be closed July 29 - November 17, 2009
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 06-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.

• future hatter :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    There was a time when entertainment was important to the Disneyland Resort. I remember when there was a daytime and night time parade, Fantasmic, Festival of Fools, and Pocahontas show, and fireworks all playing at the park at the same time! You could spend a whole day going to shows and parades.

Now we have a crappy street celebration and no shows except for (the still fantastic) Fantasmic and scaled back fireworks.
    Its a shame really, The Spirit of Pocahontas and Festival of Fools were Disneyland entertainment at its finest! And now they just let the kids with REAL talent prance around to Hannah Montana songs.
    ~*~ RIP PARADE OF DREAMS~*~

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkid View Post
    Its a shame really, The Spirit of Pocahontas and Festival of Fools were Disneyland entertainment at its finest! And now they just let the kids with REAL talent prance around to Hannah Montana songs.
    Poor Smiley (Obviously I like her), but I kind of got into the show.

However everyone is right, I remember loving those shows when I was really little!

When I think of it, the only show one should see really is fantasmic...which is sad (not the show itself, but the fcat that it stands alone. Everything else is not even amusing. " Kind of getting into a show" is not enough.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Minion

I'd love to see another show. I remember back when working in entertainment at Disneyland could get you a head start in your career. Eden Espinosa and Stephanie J. Block got their starts working at Disneyland. It was a good experience and strengthened your stamina. I really hope by the time I can work there (two years), there will be things like the Pocahontas show to be in.
    The daydream princess

Thumbs down Re: What show is currently playing at the outdoor theatre by Toon Town?

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The Fantasyland Theater has been transformed into the Princess Fantasy Faire - little more than a meet and greet of Disney Princesses.

Here's the link from the official Disneyland website.
    Thanks for the answers...what a disappointment and waste of good theatre space!!! Move the princess "meet and greet" to the castle and return a good show to the theatre...I loved the Beauty and the Beast show!

• Banned User

I remember when they had the Dick Tracy show and once they had some sort of Christmas show. They took out the show at Pirate's Lair and at the Fantasyland Theater. Do you remember when they had daily stuff at the stage in DCA's Hollywood area? I remember when I could walk through there and there always was entertainment.

If they had a show then they could get lots of people stopping to take a rest. The guests would be eating bratwurst and popcorn while slurping $3 drinks. Add some themed merchandise on a cart and they would have a profit maker.

I also remember Pocohontas in a show where there were other characters. I think Beauty and the Beast was the best.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I still like to call the place the "Wonderbra Theatre" (because from aerial shots, it looks like a.... you know...).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast