Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    283

    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Hello all! My mom and I have been in an argument for the longest time.
    She is convinced that the Twilight ZOne Tower of Terror in DCA is alwas a different ride with random drops and stuff like the one in Florida.

    If you ride the one DCA enough, you will find this is not the case and it is the same everytime.

    My mom won't believe my sister and I when we tell her exaclty what happens and she insists it is different.

    What is your guys' take?
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    135

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    it's the same

    Sitting on Pooh's pot

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    visalia ca
    Posts
    1,658

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    i never botherd counting how many times it rises and falls... its just a great ride anyway you slice it

  4. #4

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    283

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    i never botherd counting how many times it rises and falls... its just a great ride anyway you slice it
    I agree.

    This is a bit out of the blue, but the expression you used made me laugh becuase it reminded me of a joke often told at then end of Jungle Cruise about Trader Sam. (Its a good deal, any way you clice it, you come out a head) Something like that.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  5. #5

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    Hello all! My mom and I have been in an argument for the longest time.
    She is convinced that the Twilight ZOne Tower of Terror in DCA is alwas a different ride with random drops and stuff like the one in Florida.

    If you ride the one DCA enough, you will find this is not the case and it is the same everytime.

    My mom won't believe my sister and I when we tell her exaclty what happens and she insists it is different.

    What is your guys' take?
    My take is why go to the trouble to be in a argument for a long time with your mother.

    You know you are right on this and your mother is wrong, so I would think you should just forget about it, because this is something that really does not matter!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  6. #6

    • Shifting cargo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lost Delta
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    It's the same I assure you. You rise up once when you first start and then you rise again right before the first big drop, you do the first drop, then there's another small drop, then you rise all the way to the top and the doors open and they take your picture, then you drop and there's a moment where you don't know if you're going up or down (you're first going down and then instantly up) and then you drop again, then you rise to where the doors open again, then you drop, and then it's over

    The reason i know this is that I've been on it so many times. When you haven't been on it very many times, the drops always seem random and without a pattern.






    "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

  7. #7

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    283

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    My take is why go to the trouble to be in a argument for a long time with your mother.

    You know you are right on this and your mother is wrong, so I would think you should just forget about it, because this is something that really does not matter!
    Actually, I use the word arguement lightly. I assure you, we have fun with these discussions. Its all light hearted--which is why you are right when you say it doens't matter!
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  8. #8

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    It is not random and never was.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    visalia ca
    Posts
    1,658

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I agree.

    This is a bit out of the blue, but the expression you used made me laugh becuase it reminded me of a joke often told at then end of Jungle Cruise about Trader Sam. (Its a good deal, any way you clice it, you come out a head) Something like that.
    actually i never thought of it that way..... now it brings a whole new lilt to the line... well the jungle cruise is my 2nd fave adventureland ride the first isnt the treehouse....

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,633

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Tower of Terror at DCA is not randomized. I've been on that ride so many times that I know exactly when it's about to drop or go back up. Nothing's changed.

  11. #11

    • Nill
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    580

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    I'd say about 2 years ago, it had 1 other ride program. I'm sure of it, because I had ridden it quite a bit already by then. It had only happened 2 times with a different program, and it was in the same time period (within 1 week). Instead of dropping a small distance after the first lift, it dropped all the way, and never did a small drop like that from the top. Like I said, it only happened 2 times within a small frame of time......maybe they were testing the possibility of a few different programs, I don't know.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hanford
    Posts
    3,262
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    I'm gonna have to see if i can find it in print, but I am pretty sure that the Ca version of the ride included a new ride system that allows for randomized drops. If they use it is another question.


  13. #13

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    If I remember correctly, they have the equiptment to randomize it... and have for a few years now, but just haven't bothered to install it...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    417

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    My take is why go to the trouble to be in a argument for a long time with your mother.

    You know you are right on this and your mother is wrong, so I would think you should just forget about it, because this is something that really does not matter!
    Hogwash, Some battles are meant to be fought tooth and nail.


    Plenty of anecdotal evidence here to rub her nose in.

    I need more smileys here

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    Here's the deal with DCA's Tower. It was built to be able to have a programmable or "Random" ride experience, but that has not yet been utilized. It will presumably be saved for a marketing push at some point.

    However, there is a slight difference between two of the ride shafts and the remaining one. On some of the shafts you go up to the first show scene then up to the next. On the other shaft, you go up to the first show scene then down to the next. I don't know why, but that's the way it is set up.

    The Florida version of the Tower is truly wild and results in a different experience every time. There are special effects in the shaft which change depending on the ride routine that you happen to be on. It is really amazing and trumps DCA's tower in nearly every way (better exterior queue, themed surroundings to the tower, 4th dimension, better shop at the end) Just amazing.

    When the DCA version of the Tower was completed, it was quickly realized that the total ride experience was lacking and went by too quickly, so they lengthened the ride program to give a little extra excitement.

    Too bad they cheeped out on the DCA tower. They pitched some really amazing concepts for our tower (including one concept to incorporate a real hotel into the project that people could actually stay in!) but in the end, the accountants won out and our Tower was built as a watered down version of Florida. And as a result, our Tower is popular but not a really big draw. It rarely pulls in long lines.

    I still love Tower of Terror, it is one of the better rides at the resort in my opinion, but it is far from the best ride that it could have been. You can thank Paul Pressler, Cynthia Harris, greed, and accountants with too much power for that.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Old or New?
    By ChessurInWonderland in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
  2. [Question] Question From A Twilight Zone Fanatic and Tower of Terror Coward
    By Radiobarry in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
  3. You have now entered... The Twilight Zone
    By Degaa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 02:26 AM
  4. Favorite Twilight Zone?
    By Groomer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
  5. Tower of Tower Twilight Zone Episode?!?!?
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •