Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickey Ear Biter

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Hello all! My mom and I have been in an argument for the longest time.
    She is convinced that the Twilight ZOne Tower of Terror in DCA is alwas a different ride with random drops and stuff like the one in Florida.

If you ride the one DCA enough, you will find this is not the case and it is the same everytime.

My mom won't believe my sister and I when we tell her exaclty what happens and she insists it is different.

What is your guys' take?
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

Re: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

it's the same

Sitting on Pooh's pot

• Minion

i never botherd counting how many times it rises and falls... its just a great ride anyway you slice it

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    i never botherd counting how many times it rises and falls... its just a great ride anyway you slice it
    I agree.

This is a bit out of the blue, but the expression you used made me laugh becuase it reminded me of a joke often told at then end of Jungle Cruise about Trader Sam. (Its a good deal, any way you clice it, you come out a head) Something like that.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    Hello all! My mom and I have been in an argument for the longest time.
    She is convinced that the Twilight ZOne Tower of Terror in DCA is alwas a different ride with random drops and stuff like the one in Florida.

If you ride the one DCA enough, you will find this is not the case and it is the same everytime.

My mom won't believe my sister and I when we tell her exaclty what happens and she insists it is different.

What is your guys' take?
    My take is why go to the trouble to be in a argument for a long time with your mother.

You know you are right on this and your mother is wrong, so I would think you should just forget about it, because this is something that really does not matter!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Shifting cargo

It's the same I assure you. You rise up once when you first start and then you rise again right before the first big drop, you do the first drop, then there's another small drop, then you rise all the way to the top and the doors open and they take your picture, then you drop and there's a moment where you don't know if you're going up or down (you're first going down and then instantly up) and then you drop again, then you rise to where the doors open again, then you drop, and then it's over

The reason i know this is that I've been on it so many times. When you haven't been on it very many times, the drops always seem random and without a pattern.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    My take is why go to the trouble to be in a argument for a long time with your mother.

You know you are right on this and your mother is wrong, so I would think you should just forget about it, because this is something that really does not matter!
    Actually, I use the word arguement lightly. I assure you, we have fun with these discussions. Its all light hearted--which is why you are right when you say it doens't matter!

• We Go On.

It is not random and never was.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I agree.

This is a bit out of the blue, but the expression you used made me laugh becuase it reminded me of a joke often told at then end of Jungle Cruise about Trader Sam. (Its a good deal, any way you clice it, you come out a head) Something like that.
    actually i never thought of it that way..... now it brings a whole new lilt to the line... well the jungle cruise is my 2nd fave adventureland ride the first isnt the treehouse....

• Banned User

Tower of Terror at DCA is not randomized. I've been on that ride so many times that I know exactly when it's about to drop or go back up. Nothing's changed.

• Nill

I'd say about 2 years ago, it had 1 other ride program. I'm sure of it, because I had ridden it quite a bit already by then. It had only happened 2 times with a different program, and it was in the same time period (within 1 week). Instead of dropping a small distance after the first lift, it dropped all the way, and never did a small drop like that from the top. Like I said, it only happened 2 times within a small frame of time......maybe they were testing the possibility of a few different programs, I don't know.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to see if i can find it in print, but I am pretty sure that the Ca version of the ride included a new ride system that allows for randomized drops. If they use it is another question.

• Senior Monorail Minion

If I remember correctly, they have the equiptment to randomize it... and have for a few years now, but just haven't bothered to install it...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post

Hogwash, Some battles are meant to be fought tooth and nail.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence here to rub her nose in.

I need more smileys here

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Here's the deal with DCA's Tower. It was built to be able to have a programmable or "Random" ride experience, but that has not yet been utilized. It will presumably be saved for a marketing push at some point.

However, there is a slight difference between two of the ride shafts and the remaining one. On some of the shafts you go up to the first show scene then up to the next. On the other shaft, you go up to the first show scene then down to the next. I don't know why, but that's the way it is set up.

The Florida version of the Tower is truly wild and results in a different experience every time. There are special effects in the shaft which change depending on the ride routine that you happen to be on. It is really amazing and trumps DCA's tower in nearly every way (better exterior queue, themed surroundings to the tower, 4th dimension, better shop at the end) Just amazing.

When the DCA version of the Tower was completed, it was quickly realized that the total ride experience was lacking and went by too quickly, so they lengthened the ride program to give a little extra excitement.

Too bad they cheeped out on the DCA tower. They pitched some really amazing concepts for our tower (including one concept to incorporate a real hotel into the project that people could actually stay in!) but in the end, the accountants won out and our Tower was built as a watered down version of Florida. And as a result, our Tower is popular but not a really big draw. It rarely pulls in long lines.

I still love Tower of Terror, it is one of the better rides at the resort in my opinion, but it is far from the best ride that it could have been. You can thank Paul Pressler, Cynthia Harris, greed, and accountants with too much power for that.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast