Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560110 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Okie dokie - I've finally got confirmation for the Orange Stinger, which is closing earlier than expected on July 14 (just in time for the re-opening of the Blue Sky Cellar with its updated exhibits).

Orange Stinger retheme to Silly Symphony Swings
    Project Status: To begin July 14, 2009
    Open Date: April 28, 2010
    Awesome!! I can't wait to follow the progress of this ride. It's going to be so awesome to see that orange peel, well... peel away! Haha.

The newest attraction in Buena Vista Street/Hollywoodland.... Run Away Red Car!

You start out in a small red car roundhouse in a vehicle just like the Red Cars that will run up and down BVS and HL (maybe even try to squeeze it in San francisco Street) . The ride system will be modeled after the Indiana Jones ride. You will start out in a dark and cloudy San Francisco street where you hear rumbing. The car starts going slowly down a hill, until suddenly the rumbling grows very loud and the ground splits in front of you, breaking the wires attached to the top of the car. (the car now runs on the bottom track only) The car releases, flying over the broken ground, a very bumpy trip down several areas and hills. Then you finally slow and stop on the edge of a giant cliff. an explosion comes from the bottom of the cliff, and sends you flying backwards. then it is finally all over. you return to the roundhouse, and the ride is over. (Add a better story with a fairly happy ending to the ride and it's perfect...maybe something about an earthquake research facility or something...)

Thinking things like this gets me excited for the future of DCA...!!!! Woooooohooo!!!!

• Fleeting Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    The underwater metal strips the cars on Aquatopia follow are definitely not tire tracks. They may be the matrix you mention, but as the vehicles only travel along them and nowhere else, it sure breaks the "trackless" illusion when you're on the ride.
    It's possible that Aquatopia uses a different system than Hunny Hunt, but I had always believed they were the same. The Pooh attraction has no visible metal strips that I could see.

I actually have never seen the strips on Aquatopia either, but then I was riding it at night and not actively looking for things to break the illusion. I was just having fun.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

wow, closing an attraction mid summer! That's normally unheard of!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    It's possible that Aquatopia uses a different system than Hunny Hunt, but I had always believed they were the same. The Pooh attraction has no visible metal strips that I could see.

I actually have never seen the strips on Aquatopia either, but then I was riding it at night and not actively looking for things to break the illusion. I was just having fun.
    There are actually a few trackless rides already in the states. Universe of Energy, Great Movie Ride, and the Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World are all trackless, but they do have the visible ride path where the vehicle follows the metal wire below the ground. I don't think Pooh or Aquatopia has such indications of the ride path, so I'm guessing they both use the same system, which is more advanced than the Florida attractions.

• Banned User

Does Disneyland have any trackless tech rides yet?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    There are actually a few trackless rides already in the states. Universe of Energy, Great Movie Ride, and the Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World are all trackless, but they do have the visible ride path where the vehicle follows the metal wire below the ground.
    While trackless in that sense.. the vehicles still follow a fixed physical path by following the wire. Hunny Hunt is different in that it doesn't follow a physical wire in the floor, but the vehicles determine their location, and move themselves accordingly. The difference is a deterministic system vs. a fixed rail system. The wire in the floor in ToT and UoE just breaks the physical tie between the 'rail' and the vehicle. It's why the ToT and UoE vehicles will freak out and halt everything if they can't find the 'wire'.

Hunny Hunt works by having the vehicles determine where they are.. and being told what to do. They are not confined to a physical path like the wire, and can dynamically change their path and what they do (spinning, etc)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'm confused, in the "In The Parks" update today (just over half way down), there were markings in the timon lot for building corners. One of those marks said "Little Mermaid Ride," but isnt that ride in the other corner by the hotels?

• Imagineer in training

7.9 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I'm confused, in the "In The Parks" update today (just over half way down), there were markings in the timon lot for building corners. One of those marks said "Little Mermaid Ride," but isnt that ride in the other corner by the hotels?
    Maybe for infrastructure?
    I want to be an Imagineer....

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Why would you have infrastructure for a darkride on the opposite side of the park though? Maybe it was just the path near it, mistaken for the timon lot?

i believe they mark locations in the area where they will set-up backstage work areas while construction is going on that way everything is organized and construction crews could set up a command post for the project they are working on.
    There are going to be so many construction projects going on at the same time the next several months that things need to be properly organized. we should see trailers moving in very soon and positioning themselves in selected locations. They will also all have nice signs on the outside stating what they are for similar to the way the WOC trailer has the nice colorful logo hanging on the outside of one of its walls

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

That sounds more reasonable, but still, it seems wierd that they would drive survey spikes and spraypaint them, denoting what geograpical location they are in, just to back in a trailer. Hmm, just noticing the one beside it says "Big Rm" Which leads me to belive that they are structures.. the mystery continues...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Why would you have infrastructure for a darkride on the opposite side of the park though? Maybe it was just the path near it, mistaken for the timon lot?
    Note the markings had things like N/E as if they were corridor RUNs with N/E being directions - instead of corners as people inferred. They could still have to run infrastructure like new power, etc and maybe they need to put new utilities in, etc.

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

No, they are more likely corners because the N/E of one was next to the N/W of another meaning that they could be the corners of a building next to each other. As previously said, it is highly unlikely that you would put wiring and utilities for rides on the other side of the park, and the mark did say "room".

Putting that a cable is to run through a point in a vauge direciton like N/E makes no sence either, they would label the path or mark another point that it would go to.

• Pilot EdForceOne

And you've seen the rest of the parking lot to know these are the only markings? You're basing this off single photos.

Am I evil? yes, I am