Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2033
  1. #1501

    • Drink life to the lees.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    1,841 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    396

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Hey everyone, sorry I don't have time to look through the whole thread, but I have some pics and vid of orange unpeeling and I'm not sure if some have been posted yet.... Can some1 tell me

  2. #1502

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    Hey everyone, sorry I don't have time to look through the whole thread, but I have some pics and vid of orange unpeeling and I'm not sure if some have been posted yet.... Can some1 tell me
    Boy33 just posted a pic of the scraps left from the orange. I doubt there is a video because it's not a real orange. It's not like they can pull away each peice XD.

    Here's boy33's pic.

    Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post

    Also of note... Here is a pic of some of the orange peel scrap...

    Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter


  3. #1503

    • Drink life to the lees.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    1,841 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    396

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I have vid of them welding it apart Thursday night. I was staying at PPH... Idk how to post video just pictures from hotel room

  4. #1504

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,735

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    I have vid of them welding it apart Thursday night. I was staying at PPH... Idk how to post video just pictures from hotel room
    You could put it on youtube and then post a link to that.

  5. #1505

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    You could put it on youtube and then post a link to that.
    Photobucket.com is usually the fastest video upload, but if you dont like making accounts, just go to imageshack.com

  6. #1506

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Rising how? You mean from ground level to an elevated height or from below ground to ground level, a la Tomorrowland Terrace?
    Yes, it will be like Tomorrowland Terrace, but the stage won't be accessible until it has been raised as there is no below grade tunnel available. When it's in the lowered position, it will be just another portion of the walkway.

  7. #1507

    • King of Los Angeles
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I'mn loving all the progress. Soon DCA will be a different place. I do think the wheel needs to go all together. It clashes, and takes away from the gorgeous victorian architecture that is now all over the place.

  8. #1508

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    51

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Yes, it will be like Tomorrowland Terrace, but the stage won't be accessible until it has been raised as there is no below grade tunnel available. When it's in the lowered position, it will be just another portion of the walkway.
    So wait, are you suggesting that a band/performance group will be waiting down there at the beginning of the day so guests won't notice a bunch of people decending down? How long are they gonna have to be waiting down there? Will there be air conditioning?

  9. #1509

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,066

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I think what will happen, is they will "wander" in, while the stage is raising and will take their places once it's safe to do so. I'm sure there will also be techs and crowd control CMs, to make sure no one gets on the stage at these times.

  10. #1510

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaandfries View Post
    So wait, are you suggesting that a band/performance group will be waiting down there at the beginning of the day so guests won't notice a bunch of people decending down? How long are they gonna have to be waiting down there? Will there be air conditioning?
    No, any performers will only go on stage AFTER it has been raised, and leave the stage before it retracts.

  11. #1511

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI


    I don't think these light tower boxes that are being built at opposite sides of the bay are supposed to be actual piers. I think that they are meant to look like holding pens that are used to temporarily store live bait or small catches. The posts aren't supports for a missing pier, but are for tying up a dinghy.

  12. #1512

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    51

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    No, any performers will only go on stage AFTER it has been raised, and leave the stage before it retracts.
    So wait, are you suggesting that a band/performance group will be waiting until the end of the day so guests won't notice a bunch of people ascending up? How long are they gonna have to be waiting down there? Will there be air conditioning?

    :/

  13. #1513

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaandfries View Post
    So wait, are you suggesting that a band/performance group will be waiting until the end of the day so guests won't notice a bunch of people ascending up? How long are they gonna have to be waiting down there? Will there be air conditioning?

    :/
    They're not going to waiting down there at all. They will leave before the stage retracts. There's nothing wrong with guests seeing performers leave the onstage area.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  14. #1514

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    125

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I was actually thinking more along the lines of it just being a "platform" that can raise and lower. Not a HUGE amount, just high enough to make a "stage." The band can get on it and it would raise 3-5 feet and make a little platform stage...

  15. #1515

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination View Post
    I was actually thinking more along the lines of it just being a "platform" that can raise and lower. Not a HUGE amount, just high enough to make a "stage." The band can get on it and it would raise 3-5 feet and make a little platform stage...
    Could be, but I really think that it will be like the Tomorrowland Terrace stage in that it will provide a covered stage area when it is in it's raised position.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2008
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
  2. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2018
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2074
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
  4. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2014
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
  5. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2043
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •