Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2033

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Could be, but I really think that it will be like the Tomorrowland Terrace stage in that it will provide a covered stage area when it is in it's raised position.
    That's what I was thinking, too.

Great minds, and all that...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    That's what I was thinking, too.

Great minds, and all that...
    I believe it will be a walkway when it is not in use that way they can fit more people for WoC. The gap looks too shallow to hold a stage a la TT. It would probably be used for street performers, marching bands, even the new Green Army Men Recruiters mini show can go on there. There are many many possibilities.

Also something very interesting that I found out today. Apparently the higher ups want us to start refearing to our park as California Adventure as much as possible even with fellow CMs. They don't want us saying DCA or DISNEY'S California Adventure. They want change the perception of the park.

• Fleeting Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    What's FunLand? Is that what they're renaming Paradise Pier?
    At one point I believe that name was attached to a theming concept that would have skewed more toward a carnival/Pleasure Island type feel. There would've been a large amount of oversized Disney character icons incorporated into the architecture (the only one remaining is the Fun Wheel I believe). For instance, Midway Mania would've had a completely different facade that looked like a circus tent bursting with Toy Story characters (A few of these ideas may end up in the TDS version, like entering through Woody's mouth). There was a new arch for the bridge that leads to the Grotto restaurant that had a giant Ursula face. I believe this is also the theme that the Green Army Men parachutes and the Villain overlay for Screamin' were attached to. The model in the BSC had a number of these elements (they can be seen in some brief shots in the videos at the cellar) originally I believe, but the obvious ones were removed before it was put on display (along with what appeared to be a new building in the east Screamin’ helix, possibly an idea for a new queue building?).

Note: This is all assumption based on various pieces of concept art and the videos at BSC. I have no clue if everything I mentioned was part of one concept, or what in the current plans might be remnants from previous concepts, or what may have been later added.

• Banned User

I'm glad they went with a Victorian style. Carnival style is just so corny.

• I love my family!

Could be, but I really think that it will be like the Tomorrowland Terrace stage in that it will provide a covered stage area when it is in it's raised position.
    The pits not deep enough for a covered stage like at the TLT.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    The pits not deep enough for a covered stage like at the TLT.
    It's possible that the roof could telescope into position. In other words, the platform would raise to grade and the roof extend further.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Also something very interesting that I found out today. Apparently the higher ups want us to start refearing to our park as California Adventure as much as possible even with fellow CMs. They don't want us saying DCA or DISNEY'S California Adventure. They want change the perception of the park.
    I believe I heard about that a while ago, too, and since I've been using "California Adventure".
    It's possible that the roof could telescope into position. In other words, the platform would raise to grade and the roof extend further.
    That seems like it could work.

• Minion

Why are they cutting the Disney aspect? Did they give you a reason or just said hey its called California Adventure now.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• We Go On.

^Well, Disneyland isn't called "Disney's Disneyland" and even Epcot isn't called "Disney's Epcot". For that matter, The Magic Kingdom isn't even called "Disney's The Magic Kingdom". Maybe it seems more personal to call it California Adventure? Less like a trademark, more like a Disney park?

EDIT: Don't you just love how I rhyme?

What's FunLand? Is that what they're renaming Paradise Pier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    There was never intension to change the pier's name.

The concept art was merely
    focusing on the World of Color viewing area.

Not the altered name of the pier.

Funland was the name they considered for the boardwalk area of Paradise Pier when they were designing the remodel of the area.

That name would have fit the original design they considered which was completely diferent then what they are doing.

If you look at some of the videos in the blue sky cellar as well as others that have been shown online you would see some of the major diferences in theming.

some of the more obvious ideas thrown around were

1) Paradise Pier arch rethemed to a giant Ursula head as well as a new arch going over the parade route near the zephyr. that would have been the beginning of the land on the north end.

2) Midway Mania would have gotten a more whimsical carnival style facade similar to the one they will use in TDS. The entrance would have been a giant Woodyhead, the eixt a giant Buzz head. The dino would have been on the roof holding the marquee.

3) Screamin would have been mostly a villian theme coaster

4) Maliboomer green army men, orange stinger the claw

5) Mullholland madness crush

Basically lots of Pixar themed overlays with a very carnival feel. it was an interesting idea and would have made the area feel really festive but i think they chose a better direction with the more elegant structures and then some characters overlay.
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-02-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: JUST REALIZED KALIWOLF HAD EXPLAINED THE REASON BEHIND THE FUN NAME

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    Theyre going to be putting those wooden "piers" along the beginning of Screamin's launch too.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Also of note... Here is a pic of some of the orange peel scrap...

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

A few more pics and comments from yesterday on my Twitter: boy33 (boy33) on Twitter
    notice how the wooden poles are only in areas that do not have rocks in front of the launch. they go all the way down under the bridge as well.

They could very well be a guide or barrier as a saefty precaution so that any boats that go into the water before the show do not go anywhere near the launch area. The wood would also help them add some theming and might be cheaper than building rockwork all along that edge.

Boy33, did you notice that the whole orange peel is already cut on the attraction? They used a blow torch to cut it into section around the whole structure and then just go in in the evening after park hours and cut the supports and remove the chunk that comes down with it.
    it might be dificult to see in pictures but they did most of the cutting in advance.

Was the reason the fun wheel boardwalk not put in because there wasn't room due to World of Color? Or was it budget cuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    It's looking more like there just wasn't room. Maybe a combination.
    Actually they did leave room for a boardwalk and theming around the wheel. The structrues for WOC were positioned with a wrap around in mind.

Lets just say that the boardwalk and themed queue is not comepltely scrapped from the parks future. money had to be relocated from the project to be able to not scrap or diminish theming and additions to other projects.

this is the most logical way to have the stage work because it would give the performers a covered shade during the hot weather and it would also allow them to have their instruments reayd and wired on the stage.

They would just walk of the stage when done, the control booth could easily be on the roof of the mermaid structure in one of the towers.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    yes upper management was told the same a few weeks ago, Burbank and Glendale want the DCA initials stopped by all castmembers. They want the full name of the park used.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Lets just say that the boardwalk and themed queue is not comepltely scrapped from the parks future. money had to be relocated from the project to be able to not scrap or diminish theming and additions to other projects.
    I think when WOC goes down for its first major refurb, when the lagoon has to be drained again, we cold possibly see the boardwalk built.
    Maybe?