Page 104 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4547994101102103104105106107114129 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2033

• Banned User

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    Excuse me sir not sure if you got the memo but Construction Adventure is the proper name. Thank You.

Oh, right. Forgot about that :P

• Future Cast Member

haha Construction adventure xD And I personally like Disney's California Adventure better. I don't know why, it just has a better ring to it, California Adventure just seems more generic, Disney's California Adventure is more welcoming, because then you know your gonna have a Disney California Adventure.

• Member; Mousketeer

Thank you for the re-enlightenment of the various
    concepts changes for Paradise Pier Baloo.

Question: Since the higher ups no longer
    want "Disney" to be a part of the name
    of the park, does that also mean that
    references i.e. merchandise, media print, etc.
    will also remove/discontinue the name "Disney" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination View Post
    I couldnt see that in any of the pics I checked on any of the updates. Do you have a pic of that by any chance? I was in the park just the other day and didnt see anything that looked like that...
    sorry i do not have any pictures or know of any on the internet (yet).
    I only knew that they were going to go through the whole outer shell and cut verticle lines down the peel and then come back later and cut the white support beams that hold them in place for removal.

By now a good chunk of the orange top should be gone.

• Banned User

Why can't they just rename it Disneyland 2.... haha I mean most of it isn't even California anymore. It's being taken over by Disney characters! Oh, and Pixar characters too.

Disney's Disney Aventure would be more suitable I suppose!

• Use your imagination...

While I was at the park yesterday i snapped a few pics of the orange on my phone. Since today is Sunday the workers didn't come in so it most likely looks the same today.

• Use your imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    sorry i do not have any pictures or know of any on the internet (yet).
    I only knew that they were going to go through the whole outer shell and cut verticle lines down the peel and then come back later and cut the white support beams that hold them in place for removal.

By now a good chunk of the orange top should be gone.
    In the second picture I posted on the left side of the peel there is a white vertical line..is this one of the cuts you were talking about?

• Drink life to the lees.

Sparks are flyin inside that orange Friday (Im not sure which day) around 1 AM

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    hmm interesting on the DCA topic but i would say that California Adventures is a lot better. Is the name change the one that rumours are referring to or is there another name change in store?

Hopefully the wrap around will be added, it would really embrace the pier aspect maybe even put a statue of Goofy fishing from the pier into the lagoon or lake to add a photo op!
    i like the idea of the photo op.

there is one thing that i think they should consider in the future. If they do hope to get the funding for the boardwalk around the wheel i think they should take it one step further and extend the main boardwalk unto the water a bit.

east of the funwheel between the upswing of the screamin launch and the proposed wrap around boardwalk there is about 9,000 square feet of water area. This area would be right behind the lighthouses that will be installed.

now what would i use it for, i have a couple ideas

1) relocate the carousel to this area and add a more apropriate open air structure overseeing the water.

2) add a nice gazebo in the eastern corner of the extended area and use for family themed entertainment. At night turn it into a dance area at the waters edge.

3) build some nicely themed structures and relocate a couple of the shops to that area so that the other shops could be used as a queue to a new attraction with the show building behind Screamin

another idea would be to revive something they had in mind for the northern end of the pier.

at one point they had considered a tide pool area on the east end of the viewing area going down under part fo the bridge. This extention could be made to look like rock formations that people could walk on and go down to almost water level. small water features would allow smaller guests to enjoy a unique water play area.

It would definately add a more natural look to that edge of the park and fit nicely next to the boardwalk and wrap around walk in the wheel.

but for now we have lots of other things to look forward too

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I agree, the elegeant Victorian design is a lot nicer, though I love the idea for the Crush coaster, the vehicles seem cool, being shells and all, but I think the Goofy ride will be nice, too, especially near MFW & SSS, though Crush would blend in next to TLM, with the sea theme and all
    the one nice thing about the crush coaster they had proposed would have been the facade and surrounding theming. The whole area would have had lots of rockwork and it would have continued down towards the water area.
    Also the attraction would have been diferent than the one in Paris. The one in Paris had lots of similarities to the Nemo attraction in Disneyland so they needed to make sure that the crush attraction for DCA was diferent.

Another attraction that was proposed to that corner of the park was Ratatouille. That attraction had several people that were against it but i think it would have fit that corner of the park especially since it would have been next to a themed eating area.

The facade would have been made to match the surrounding beer garden and the attraction would have been something that no other park has. That idea has further developed into the "E" ticket that Paris is suppose to receive by 2012. Yes i know a french rat in a California park but it is more of a wild mouse adventure in a theme seaside amusement park.

I personally would have pushed for that idea and then gone a bit further and turned that while conrer into a small village like area with a nice family restuarant at a second floor level in the structures with balconies facing the waters edge.

Then i would have built an open air eating area and small eatery closer to the water after completely gutting out the jumping jelly fish area, water play area zephyr and sand pit area.

I would not get rid of the zephyr though instead i would relocated to another location i had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post
    In the second picture I posted on the left side of the peel there is a white vertical line..is this one of the cuts you were talking about?
    most likely, supposedly what they are doing is cutting lines in between the supports then removing the pieces afterwards. when i spoke to someone yesterday they said that most of those cuts were done to the majority of the structure and all they needed to do was go back and cut the supports and remove the pieces.

that corner of the park is oging to look very wierd with no large structure blocking out the outside views.

I am actually dissapointed in the direction they are taking with the retheming of the Burger invasion structure. The original ideas called for a much taller an elegant building. now it seem slike they will use the same structure but retheme it.

The larger structure as well as the once proposed tall stage near the parade route would have done wonders to block the view of the Paradise pier hotel from most of the norther pier area.

now with the removal fo the ugly burger structure the remaining building will be even lower.

they even consider this really tall and elegant arche over the parade route positoned so that once you arrive near the viewing area it would have been almost impossible to focus your eyes on the hotel. The problem with that was that they were worried about the structure having to be over the parade route.
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.

I was at DCA last weekend for FOTM and took a picture of the Golden Dreams mural before it was torn down. I really liked the mural a lot and its sad to see it go, even for a good reason. I am really excited to see the orange stinger being 'unpeeled' and all the theming adding to the bay.

• Future Cast Member

great mural picture. I never realized how beautiful it was until it was gone. It just seemed kinda out of place before, but now, I think it's really nice. It would make a great signature.

I thought i would check to see if darkbeer took pictures this weekend and came across one picture that shows the cuts on the orange peel that i was talking about

Darkbeer : photos : Disneyland Resort (Part II) -8/2/09

the cuts on the left side of the picture are easier to see than the rest but the whole peel is cut just like i was told. the best way to see the cuts is to look at the neon lights. the small section of the lights are missing right in the middle of the peel between the white supports. then follow the thin cut down the orange sections.
    then next visible one is just right of the palm and light fixture.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Oh wow. Those are big sections- much bigger than I thought they would be! Which means one thing- a quick peel!