Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661111 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Have you? As an aspiring civil engineering student, i know what survey marks look like for buildings, and those simply dont look like runs for something, expecially so far away..

• Pilot EdForceOne

No I haven't.. which is why I posted what was speculation - and not claiming it was the only possible solution - or tried to disprove others with information that wasn't available.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Who did all that stuff? I used the info that was there too, based on standard survey mark notation...

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    wow, closing an attraction mid summer! That's normally unheard of!
    Especially on my birthday.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

^^My birthday, too.
    Great present from WDI. I hate the look of the Orange in the park.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    It's possible that Aquatopia uses a different system than Hunny Hunt, but I had always believed they were the same. The Pooh attraction has no visible metal strips that I could see.

I actually have never seen the strips on Aquatopia either, but then I was riding it at night and not actively looking for things to break the illusion. I was just having fun.

As near as I can recall, Aquatopis uses a local GP system. The tall pole on the back of the vehicle is the "antenna". As the vehicle doesn't always travel in "forward", that would indicate that it can't be following a wire or track.

They really need to somehow make the water for that attraction more opaque if possible as it just makes some of the effects, like the whirlpool, too obvious.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    That sounds more reasonable, but still, it seems wierd that they would drive survey spikes and spraypaint them, denoting what geograpical location they are in, just to back in a trailer. Hmm, just noticing the one beside it says "Big Rm" Which leads me to belive that they are structures.. the mystery continues...

As I understand it, "RM" are the initials for Ride Mechanical, one of the divisions at Imagineering. Maybe the location is for either their offices (they may need a larger space) or as an actual staging area for the huge amount of RM track elements needed for the various new attractions.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    It's possible that Aquatopia uses a different system than Hunny Hunt, but I had always believed they were the same. The Pooh attraction has no visible metal strips that I could see.
    Which is why I suggested they are beneath the floor. The Aquatopia tracks (quite noticeable during the day) run the exact paths the vehicles take (where the cars spin, they form a circle, for example). I imagine they are kind of like roads. Perhaps an added safety measure to keep them from going off in some random direction if there's a malfunction?

Before (and after) the Heffalump room in Pooh, each of the three vehicles per set follows the exact same "path" through the attraction. It does mix it up a bit once Pooh's dream starts, but even then they follow specific routes to get from place to place (particularly when they go to and from the mirrors). It isn't a random free-for-all the "trackless" description often suggests (and the original poster seemed to imply with his safety concerns).

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post

Before (and after) the Heffalump room in Pooh, each of the three vehicles per set follows the exact same "path" through the attraction. It does mix it up a bit once Pooh's dream starts, but even then they follow specific routes to get from place to place (particularly when they go to and from the mirrors). It isn't a random free-for-all the "trackless" description often suggests (and the original poster seemed to imply with his safety concerns).
    Unless you have actually been on the ride, because I havent, I think the track is quite random up to the Heffalump scene. The first blundery day scene has honey pots spinning all over the place and crossing over one another's track and stopping in various locations to examine smaller scenes within the room. it looks more like bumper cars, without the bumping. There is definitely a course the cars follow, but the entire floor is the car's to play around in.

• Californian Fox-Wolf

11 pages in 6 days? Wow! I'm impressed!
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Smile Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by simmer View Post
    11 pages in 6 days? Wow! I'm impressed!
    That's nothing, in project tracker number 5 there were 11 pages in 1 day!
    Disneyland>Universal Studios

• Established 2005

Hunny Hunt is definitely not random. Each of the three pots follows its set course through the building. It takes quite a bit of riding to fully comprehend each path, but it is definitely set. The idea of trackless is merely an optical illusion, to trick your eye into believing you are not following a path, but the GPS leads each pot through its course.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    Unless you have actually been on the ride, because I havent, I think the track is quite random up to the Heffalump scene.
    I've been on the ride several times.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Hunny Hunt is definitely not random. Each of the three pots follows its set course through the building. It takes quite a bit of riding to fully comprehend each path, but it is definitely set. The idea of trackless is merely an optical illusion, to trick your eye into believing you are not following a path, but the GPS leads each pot through its course.
    Of course it's not a free for all - the computers are controlling it's path. The point of track-less is that the vehicles are not physically constrained to a fixed path. Here, they are told to use a path by the computers - but if the computer said 'go here instead' - it could do that. Unlike a tracked or 'guide wire' system.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    As I understand it, "RM" are the initials for Ride Mechanical, one of the divisions at Imagineering. Maybe the location is for either their offices (they may need a larger space) or as an actual staging area for the huge amount of RM track elements needed for the various new attractions.
    Not just Ride Mechanical, its "Big Ride Mechanical"
    Now, I went onto Smugmug and blew up the pictures and noticed that the lot does indeed have markings for electrical, and just as I stated they have directional arrows, degrees and other info, thus only reinforcing that the ones marked N/E COR and the like are actually building corners. Alas, even though I was right there, the one marked lil mer does logically seem to be a control building. Personally, I find that exreamly strange and costly but I guess they want to keep all the room left in the park for rides, and hide the control rooms behind the cars fascade.