Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415223762112 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

People always talk about "oh no we cant close 'attraction X' down now, its summer etc etc. The reality is, DLR doesnt have an 'off season' anymore. There will never be a perfect time to close any attraction. If its not summer its just in time for Halloweentime, if its not Halloweentime its the Holidays etc etc. It never ends, Disney just needs to jump in and start work these things. Good for Disney for not caring if its mid summer or not. Lets get this park moving.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Hunny Hunt is definitely not random. Each of the three pots follows its set course through the building. It takes quite a bit of riding to fully comprehend each path, but it is definitely set. The idea of trackless is merely an optical illusion, to trick your eye into believing you are not following a path, but the GPS leads each pot through its course.
    It's actually not GPS, but LPS, Local Positioning System. And it is trackless. There is no physical guide to the vehicles, but rather they are controlled by software.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Established 2005

I know it is trackless, technically speaking, as I have ridden many, many times. I was simply referring to the experience being the same, relative to the "hunny pot" you are riding. Yes, the software gives them freedom for reprogramming, but I have never seen/noticed a change.

Do we think the new Mystic Manor at HKDL will feature a trio as well? Could this system eventually end up at DLR?? Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    I know it is trackless, technically speaking, as I have ridden many, many times. I was simply referring to the experience being the same, relative to the "hunny pot" you are riding. Yes, the software gives them freedom for reprogramming, but I have never seen/noticed a change.

Do we think the new Mystic Manor at HKDL will feature a trio as well? Could this system eventually end up at DLR?? Let's hope so.
    To me most of the additions represent elements that will somehow come to the US parks. I think the imagineers are using HKDL as the experimental ground to create elements that the heads of the company will want to clone and re-use. At least that would make a lot of sense since the company wants to clone elements.

• Established 2005

Let's hope so!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    To me most of the additions represent elements that will somehow come to the US parks. I think the imagineers are using HKDL as the experimental ground to create elements that the heads of the company will want to clone and re-use. At least that would make a lot of sense since the company wants to clone elements.
    Isn't that what they're trying to do with the Grizzly Gulch coaster as well? They're putting in a bunch of AA critters on that ride and I heard someone say that maybe it's a move by the imagineers to get clones of those AA's to put in GRR. It's kind of sad that it's come to that if it's true, but I'm definitely not complaining.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Isn't that what they're trying to do with the Grizzly Gulch coaster as well? They're putting in a bunch of AA critters on that ride and I heard someone say that maybe it's a move by the imagineers to get clones of those AA's to put in GRR. It's kind of sad that it's come to that if it's true, but I'm definitely not complaining.
    Weren't they supposed to be a part of GRR to begin with but were cut due to budget? If they do wind up back in, it seems everything would come full circle.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I hope we do see some AAs in GRR. I'm sure many people that go on think it's just another raft ride and there's no story behind it... just as long at the AA bears look real, and not like the giant one holding the attraction's sign....

• Tech in Training

I really do hate that giant bear; it's just hideous, and I think something else could be put in its place and look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    I really do hate that giant bear; it's just hideous, and I think something else could be put in its place and look a lot better.
    Hopefully it will dissapear whenever they make the area less Xtreme sport and more 1920's National Park. Although, I think they should fully commit and make it a boom town in the 1850's.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• I read the news today...

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    People always talk about "oh no we cant close 'attraction X' down now, its summer etc etc. The reality is, DLR doesnt have an 'off season' anymore. There will never be a perfect time to close any attraction. If its not summer its just in time for Halloweentime, if its not Halloweentime its the Holidays etc etc. It never ends, Disney just needs to jump in and start work these things. Good for Disney for not caring if its mid summer or not. Lets get this park moving.
    Heck yes, people are just going to have to expect a couple of rides to be closed when they go to DLR. They are open year round so they have to close the rides eventually during operating hours.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    Heck yes, people are just going to have to expect a couple of rides to be closed when they go to DLR. They are open year round so they have to close the rides eventually during operating hours.
    Yup exactly, its either that or we can keep DCA the way it is now and not close anything. What would you guys rather have? lol no pain now,no gain later.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I hope we do see some AAs in GRR. I'm sure many people that go on think it's just another raft ride and there's no story behind it... just as long at the AA bears look real, and not like the giant one holding the attraction's sign....
    I like the cartoony bears. Heck, I would't mind if they even had some of the stars of the Bear Country Jamboree as part of the ride, but I don't mind realistic bears either. I think even if they are realistic they could have some of the Marc Davis style charm and humor from attractions like the Jungle Cruses.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Yup exactly, its either that or we can keep DCA the way it is now and not close anything. What would you guys rather have? lol no pain now,no gain later.

Oh definitely now when it comes to DCA. Heck, I wanted the Orange Stinger closed while the Sun Wheel was down.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Tech in Training

Darkbeer : photos : Disneyland Resort - 7/5/09

They are definitely making fast progress with the new building in Timon!

And according to mousetimes, the new black metal towers in the lake area are going to be the lighthouses, and there's tape on them that supports that as well.

http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...03_09_0040.JPG

http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...03_09_0041.JPG