Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 207095110117118119120121122123130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2033
  1. #1786

    • Imagineer to be
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Today is a good day in Disneyland Resort history.
    Yes true. However the day Dino Jack went was a million times better

  2. #1787

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I'm in DL now, and was in CA earlier, and must say that it was truly surreal to not have the orange there. Between that and the Little Mermaid site being empty, that section of the park feels a lot more open/spread out. It's really strange.
    Also, the shape of the new fountain is beginning to appear in the dirt. Overall, the area is starting to take shape, instead of just looking like a big mound of dirt!

  3. #1788

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I'm in DL now, and was in CA earlier, and must say that it was truly surreal to not have the orange there. Between that and the Little Mermaid site being empty, that section of the park feels a lot more open/spread out. It's really strange.
    A blank canvas in which to 'paint' the new areas?

    I wonder how fast we will see the new S.S.Swings appear?
    _____________________________________
    Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
    http://www.atomicbearpress.com

  4. #1789

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Is the new SSS going to be taller then the top of the orange and are you going to swing higher??? For some weird reason it seems that it is going to because of the concept art. I know its art but i just feel you will swing higher.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

    Hope I was helpful!

  5. #1790

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    Is the new SSS going to be taller then the top of the orange and are you going to swing higher??? For some weird reason it seems that it is going to because of the concept art. I know its art but i just feel you will swing higher.
    As far as I know, it'll be the same as the Orange Stinger minus the orange and plus Mickey Mouse... I know it'll be more thrilling because you'll be swinging seemingly out over the water, which is much scarier than being contained in the orange.

  6. #1791

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA
    Posts
    269

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    After looking at some concept art on here, I just realized that there is going to be a Drive-In Movie Theater Restaurant in Radiator Springs/Cars Land, which I find really cool. Also, how is Cars 2: THE MOVIE going to effect Radiator Springs/Cars Land?

    I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

  7. #1792

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    After looking at some concept art on here, I just realized that there is going to be a Drive-In Movie Theater Restaurant in Radiator Springs/Cars Land, which I find really cool. Also, how is Cars 2: THE MOVIE going to effect Radiator Springs/Cars Land?
    The movie theater restaurant supposedly has been pushed out of phase one, but could see the light of day again in a second phase.

    As for Cars 2, it's supposed to be international, so I think the setting won't be changed much by the second movie, but the date for the opening of Carsland is meant to help be promoted by the release of the second movie, since it's being released in 2011. It will help keep the characters fresh in people's minds.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  8. #1793

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,051

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I just noticed this picture from a previous post:



    This would have worked as a Funhouse style entrance - and would have gone with the tacky giant orange and pink/green dinosaur sunglass shop. The Woody entrance is very similar to the Krusty Clown entrance that Universal has for their Simpsons ride. Woody is balanced off nicely with Buzz, on the other side. I almost like seeig Rex as a part of this too. And look at the tail of Rex, with the bell. Then look at Slinky Dog! That's very creative. If they kept the "tacky" in Paradise Pier, it would have been fun to see if they could have turned the Maliboomer into a giant SlinkyDogger!

  9. #1794

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    The Drive in Theater has been scrapped for sure. They just didn't have enough money. Expect it in phase two though, along with a lot of other additions.

  10. #1795

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    422

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I just noticed this picture from a previous post:



    This would have worked as a Funhouse style entrance - and would have gone with the tacky giant orange and pink/green dinosaur sunglass shop. The Woody entrance is very similar to the Krusty Clown entrance that Universal has for their Simpsons ride. Woody is balanced off nicely with Buzz, on the other side. I almost like seeig Rex as a part of this too. And look at the tail of Rex, with the bell. Then look at Slinky Dog! That's very creative. If they kept the "tacky" in Paradise Pier, it would have been fun to see if they could have turned the Maliboomer into a giant SlinkyDogger!
    If this was the final concept art for the ride I would have cried. That just looks so bad. I wouldn't even go to that side of the park because it would be too much for me. Thank god they went for Victorian instead. =).

  11. #1796

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,641

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by hauntedtrail13 View Post
    If this was the final concept art for the ride I would have cried. That just looks so bad. I wouldn't even go to that side of the park because it would be too much for me. Thank god they went for Victorian instead. =).
    Well you'll see it in Toyko.. and we'll have to hear about how flawless it is after that.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  12. #1797

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Is the proposed drive in restaurant the same as the one in DHS with the sci fi dinner??? If so that would be cool CA doesnt have nearly enough restaurants
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

    Hope I was helpful!

  13. #1798

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York (3,000 miles away from the magic)
    Posts
    28

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    ^You know that's weird. When DCA first opened they had too many restaurants and now they don't have enough.

  14. #1799

    • AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    981

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I'm excited to be able to eat chinese food in the park again soon
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  15. #1800

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Riverside Ca
    Posts
    1,446

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by hauntedtrail13 View Post
    If this was the final concept art for the ride I would have cried. That just looks so bad. I wouldn't even go to that side of the park because it would be too much for me. Thank god they went for Victorian instead. =).
    I would have loved this, I love over-the-top carnivals with exagerated buildings and designs. It would have added a nice festive atmosphere to a sleepy PP. I can't wait to see it done in Tokyo.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2008
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
  2. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2018
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2074
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
  4. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2014
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
  5. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2043
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •