Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383108123130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2033

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

So what is it? Is it a fountain or is it a statue? And if it's a statue, what's it's a statue OF? It looks like a fancy concrete pole.

• Imagineer in training

7.9 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    its suppose to resemble that pole in the middle does anyone else feel that it (although its early construction still) looks nothing like it. i guess maybe another design but it sure does look interesting.
    Yeah, that picture makes it seem much thicker...
    I want to be an Imagineer....

• Yeti Enthusiast

As for the whole carsland deal and the debate over movies being inspirations if you look at Disneyland there are tons of movie or idea inspired rides....Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Peter Pan, Snow White...(do i really need to go on). And guess what they are very POPULAR so popular that people say the first ride they do when they get to the park is not the rollercoaster not the flume ride not the indy ride not the drop ride not the E-ticket but rather the first ride is Peterpan!
    I'm going to do my best to try to stay out of this thread, but I thought I'd just point out that ALL of the Fantasyland rides you mentioned aren't just based on Disney films, but also classic children's literature. They were famous before they were theme park attractions, and famous before Walt Disney adapted them to animation. Using these characters wasn't the same sort of long-term gamble that banking on "Cars" characters to carry an entire land is.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Not to be picky but "turned into" is another word for become. So, Holidayland "became" or "turned into" NOS.
    Oh yes, and how doomed they were for naming the parking lot spots after characters!! That hindered them soo much when they wanted to 'turn it into' DCA! Because.. you know the parking lot 'became' DCA...

Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Who says it has to be a statue of anything? Why can't it just be a decorative statue?

The design does seem to be different now, compared to the model, so who knows what it'll look like now. I think they're still going to go with a statue and not a fountain. I'm thinking that any water pipes we may see in there are for irrigation for whatever plants are eventually put in there.

DCA Project Trackers : Thread Tracker

I - 1 year
    II - 4 months
    III -2 months
    IV - 1 month
    V - 2 months
    VI - 1 month, 1 week

So close! VI almost took the lead in shortest time span of a DCA Project Tracker. I guess we'll just have to do more arguing, complaining, commenting, questioning, discussing, analyzing, predicting, and creating in a shorter amount of time! **Not meant to be a negative comment.**

Let's bring on VII, where we can all ponder life's greatest questions, such as

How does an orange become a symphony?

How does a stage rise from the ground?

Can a bay turn into a nighttime spectacular?

Does Cars eliminate the theme of cars?

and much, much more!

I can feel the progress coming!

My theory is that it's going to be a statue fountain. Meaning, it's going to be a tall ornate mission style structure, with water pouring down the sides. From the construction photos, it looks like it's going to be ugly. LOL. I, of course, will wait until it's finished before I pass final judgement. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to something as simple as a water fountain?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

^Not on MiceChat, no.

• Great Googily Moogily!

Maybe it's just me and my dirty mind, but the statue/fountain just looks like a large "adult toy"

Please excuse my filthy and immature 19 year old thought process, I should know better
    Have you PLay'ed today?

so any more visible work in the pier today
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaandfries View Post
    Yes it is Limiting per say, I agree, but what other possible things could Disney do on Route 66 with the Cars characters? It isn't like they can't tie in the Cars characters into anything else that has nothing to do with the movie. If they wanted to do a drag strip for example, what is to stop them from getting Mater or McQueen or any new character from the movie in on the action.
    The problem with that argument is that you are still associating whatever goes into that land with the Cars characters. The point some have been trying to make is that Carsland is LIMITED to Cars characters. That EXTREMELY limits the broad range of car related topics within California that will not fit into the Carsland environment.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Haha, this character arguement is great. Ive gotta chime in.

Stories like Cinderella, Snow White and the like have been around for Centuries. They have been passed down from even before Shakespeare as folktales. (Even he got his plots from other places) These storylines including the glass slipper, evil queens and all that can not be compared to anything Pixar has done because of the history they contain.

All of the "Disney" Princesses did not need a land, toys, sequils or anything to stay popular, it was there stories that have stood the time, not there image. If anything Pixar will come close to this, it is Wally. However that too is just some Pixar Characters fitted over the plotline mold of a budding relationship from nwhere with trouble along the way.

its suppose to resemble that pole in the middle does anyone else feel that it (although its early construction still) looks nothing like it. i guess maybe another design but it sure does look interesting.
    yeah i do not think they are building the same thing. That piece in the model could have been built somewhere else and then installed. The new form is huge. They built the form from wood then added re-bar and now seem to be adding wood around it. So most likely whatever is being built will be hollow with some kind of open squares around it. Makes you wonder what they cam eup at the end and what will be in the middle of this thing

• Banned User

does anyone know - is Cars land slotted to only enter from the current DCA farm area or will it have connections to Tower or the back of the pier as well?

Quote Originally Posted by carmacs View Post
    My theory is that it's going to be a statue fountain. Meaning, it's going to be a tall ornate mission style structure, with water pouring down the sides. From the construction photos, it looks like it's going to be ugly. LOL. I, of course, will wait until it's finished before I pass final judgement. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to something as simple as a water fountain?

Maybe its going to be a pedestal and on top of it they will add a replica of Stanley with a sign pointing towards Cars Land. lol