Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484109124131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2033

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by jasonryan106 View Post
    does anyone know - is Cars land slotted to only enter from the current DCA farm area or will it have connections to Tower or the back of the pier as well?
    There are four entrances that were planned to connect Cars Land to the rest of the park. The main drag being the Farm area. The other three that were planned are

1) Tower of Terror courtyard
    2) Pacific Wharf
    3) Flicks fun fair

Number three was still being debated when i last spoke to someone. Either way it would just be a matter of removing the large gates between hemliech and tuck & roll plus arranging the landscaping to create a proper transition

• MidwestInfoGuide Editor

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_POP View Post
    Maybe it's just me and my dirty mind, but the statue/fountain just looks like a large "adult toy"

Please excuse my filthy and immature 19 year old thought process, I should know better
    Nope, I thought the same thing and I am about 10 years older than you -- 'course I work with teenagers (teacher) for a living so that might have something to do with it

• Minion

By looking at the design and the detail especially those pillars with the seashells on them and the rock design is this going to be in an effort to help cement The Little Mermaid ride and meet and greet area as a mini Little Mermaid area. I mean it seems that the amphitheater is having a very ocean theme to it.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

You're right, it kinda does. Maybe it's an homage to the Little Mermaid original poster... you know, since it's near where TLM ride's gonna be....

Hey guys, I took this picture when I was at DCA at close. It is on the upper left section of the waterfalls next to the winery/blue sky cellar. It's a light on in a hole behind the waterfall. DCA mystery hole on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

So ive felt left out not commenting on all this "non-tracker" banter.
    Like many people, i too think Carsland could have been rethought differently. Is radiator springs a good idea? IMO...and EXTREMELY! good idea. With the whole test of time issue, i have mixed emotions on that.

My childhood consisted of power rangers (mighty morphin..original), legos, and DISNEY!! Now years later..my life still consists of disney (i actually just won a Mobil Sweepstakes and received every Pixar film on DVD FOR FREEEE!!!)

In my childhood i surrounded myself with TLM, Aladin, Beauty and the BEast....All Disney Renaissance, films.

Yes, i watched every classic, and will never forget the classics. The fact that there were attractions based on these films, made it easier for a me as a child to immerse myself in the theme, and story (even if Snow Whites Scary adventure seemed to have no story). But still the Renaissance films lack rides and attractions in Disney parks if you compare that to everything that walt touched.

But all those films.(TLM, B&TB, Alad, etc...) were SUCH GOOD FILMS, they will for ever stand the test of time. BUT...the fact that these films were on my television through the good years of my childhood help them stay burned in my head. Today, now that I am older..i still remember them.

How many parents today, still show the films to their kids, that they once watched as children 15, 20, 30 40, 50 years before? Its the effect of the films on the children that make them stand the test of time IMO. If you loved it as a kid, you will show it to your children.

Now on to carsland. If you compare Pixars existence to that of Disney's its comparing an informational pamphlet to a group encyclopedias. (not diminishing a single thing about pixar)
    But the kids that have grown up in the PIXAR era, will remember these Pixar films, the way that i remember the Disney Renaissance films.

My mother owns and runs a childcare/ daycare business. Every kid that she watches eats sleeps and breathes PIXAR. "CAN WE WATCH CARS!!! CAN WE WATCH WALL-E!!!! MONSTERS INC! MONSTERS INC!!" It never stops!

Every boy my mom watches has a Lightning McQueen toy..and when they forget it at home..they fight over the ones my mother has bought for them.

THESE KIDS WILL NEVER FORGET PIXAR

THESE KIDS WILL NEVER FORGET CARS!!!! When they are older, They will show their children all of these pixar films, just as my parents showed me All the Disney classics, and as i will show my kids the Renascence films. And it will pass down, and trickle down, for generations.
    Last edited by Smontalvo1489; 08-11-2009 at 10:11 PM.

• Animatronic

While Carsland may not be based on timeless characters, at least we're getting The Little Mermaid, which has most certainly passed the test of timelessness. I'm excited about that ride and suspect it'll be popular for decades to come.

And Carsland isn't *that* bad, at least we aren't getting Lindsey Lohan land. Although she could still show up with Herbie in Carsland. Oh wait, Herbie would clash with the "Cars" cars. Man that is a tough land to crack, thematically. Nothing meshes with those bug eyed cars. Perhaps a Cheetah Girls land would provide the timeless synergy Disney needs. Human/animal hybrids have been popular since the classic "The Island of Doctor Moreau"
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

As for the whole carsland deal and the debate over movies being inspirations if you look at Disneyland there are tons of movie or idea inspired rides....Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Peter Pan, Snow White...(do i really need to go on).
    actually i think you have confused the words "inspired" and "based on". Those rides in fantasyland are BASED ON their respective movies, not "inspired by". Sorry if i sound like a jerk, just wanted to point that out.

And guess what they are very POPULAR so popular that people say the first ride they do when they get to the park is not the rollercoaster not the flume ride not the indy ride not the drop ride not the E-ticket but rather the first ride is Peterpan! So since the popularity is obvious Disney has decided to go one step further and try it with Carsland.
    I think the words that I bolded is the point that me, matterhorn boy, and a few other people on this forum are trying to make. My opinion and other some other people's opinions is that Disney should not always try to create rides and themed lands based off whats popular at the time. Disney should invest their money and creativity thinking of originally themed lands and rides that are not based off pre existing franchises, and let the creativity and fun factor of those rides make them popular, not the other way around. However, despite the fact that im a little disappointed that WDI is not creating an originally themed land, I am still VERY excited for carsland because I loved the movie and radiator racer springs looks awesome. I think the amount of theming that will go into the rides/lands will bring a lot more character and charm to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There are four entrances that were planned to connect Cars Land to the rest of the park. The main drag being the Farm area. The other three that were planned are

1) Tower of Terror courtyard
    2) Pacific Wharf
    3) Flicks fun fair

Number three was still being debated when i last spoke to someone. Either way it would just be a matter of removing the large gates between hemliech and tuck & roll plus arranging the landscaping to create a proper transition
    So they may be keeping the fair? hmmmm... well, if they build an entrance of cars land through the fair, then I think that means that disney may consider reworking the Flik's fun fair area. Yup I'm one of those people who thinks the farmers/flik area needs help. It doesn't need to be removed or anything-just helped...

Oh how I love smiles!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ I personally find FFF to be one of the best areas in the land, IMO. It's richly themed, immersive, and although based on movie characters, they're not that intrusive from the inherent theme (being shrunk down with bugs).

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Oh yes, and how doomed they were for naming the parking lot spots after characters!! That hindered them soo much when they wanted to 'turn it into' DCA! Because.. you know the parking lot 'became' DCA...

I think it spewed into DCA....

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    While Carsland may not be based on timeless characters, at least we're getting The Little Mermaid, which has most certainly passed the test of timelessness. I'm excited about that ride and suspect it'll be popular for decades to come.

And Carsland isn't *that* bad, at least we aren't getting Lindsey Lohan land. Although she could still show up with Herbie in Carsland. Oh wait, Herbie would clash with the "Cars" cars. Man that is a tough land to crack, thematically. Nothing meshes with those bug eyed cars. Perhaps a Cheetah Girls land would provide the timeless synergy Disney needs. Human/animal hybrids have been popular since the classic "The Island of Doctor Moreau"
    I have a friend who's an imagineer and he showed me concept art for Lohan Land. I don't remember much except a ride based on Test Track. They would have built a track to resemble Beverly Hills and had the cars weaving all over the place eventually crashing and then animitronic cops would arrest you and haul you to the gift shop "jail".

• Disneyman

And what have they changed Adventureland to/from? or Fantasyland to/from? Or ANY of the lands?
    Lets not jump the gun here, flynnibus. I never suggested that they tear down the land and start over. What I was suggesting was that by theming an entire land around one movie, it would limit their ability to add new rides because they would essentially have to be based on the movie "CARS" in order to make any sense. When I say "change," I don't mean "tear down and start over."

Whereas Adventureland, Fantasyland, etc are more generalized and can hold any number of rides from any number of movies or original concepts. Carsland doesn't have that ability.

The point is... when have they ever changed a land?
    As I said before, your definition of "change a land" is not synonymous with mine. Disneyland has often taken attractions out and replaced them with new attractions without "tearing out the land and starting over." Carsland will be more limited in that aspect.

They don't. They carve out new ones and redraw the boundaries.. and are 'destructive' when they do it. So why are we so concerned about being compatible with change?
    Yes, but their options are limitless with the other lands. Carsland.....not so much. That was my point from the beginning.

The name isn't the problem... more about all these big canyon they plan on building/investing in.
    The name limits them to the movie. Yes, there are a lot of possibilities, but not nearly as many as their would have been had they been more general in their theming.
    Last edited by Reeder; 08-12-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Wait a second... is this the Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI?

Oh, nevermind. I guess we all knew this argument had to come someday, as it did with the other threads. It'll pass.
    Yes, its a project tracker. We talk about the projects being tracked. This is, after all, a discussion forum, and people's opinions on the projects is what drives the discussion. Without opinions, the thread would be limited to, "oh, thats a nice bolt," or "hey look, a pile of dirt," or "ooohhhh, what pretty paint."
    Last edited by Reeder; 08-12-2009 at 07:03 AM.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Emarc182 View Post
    I've been reading this thread since the very beginning of Project Tracker 1 and I have to say, it has become unenjoyable to read. This is meant to be a Project Tracker, not a soap box for people to whine about anything and everything. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, don't operate under the assumption that anyone else cares to hear them. Please stick to Project Tracking. This train has gone off the rails.
    Again, this is a discussion forum.....a thread regarding the current projects which are a part of Phase I construction at DCA. Opinions come with the territory.
    Last edited by Reeder; 08-12-2009 at 07:03 AM.