Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585110125132133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2033

• Disneyman

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaandfries View Post
    That's my point, I shouldn't have to create my own thread. I'm looking for Project tracking, not endless debate. The debate was fine when its a page or two, but not HALF of the thread.
    What would you prefer we talk about in this thread?........how nice the piping and wiring is looking today?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• We Go On.

It is post 2012, the perfect time to end the thread, because Phase 1 ends in 2012.

Shouldn't the next one be called simply, "California Adventure Project Tracker VII", since that is the proper name now?

• MidwestInfoGuide Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Yes, its a project tracker. We talk about the projects being tracked. This is, after all, a discussion forum, and people's opinions on the projects is what drives the discussion. Without opinions, the thread would be limited to, "oh, thats a nice bolt," or "hey look, a pile of dirt," or "ooohhhh, what pretty paint."
    ...and yet then we'd be able to find actual news so much easier then having to sort through piles of rubbish that go on for multiple pages.

jus' sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    ...and yet then we'd be able to find actual news so much easier then having to sort through piles of rubbish that go on for multiple pages.

jus' sayin'
    True true true, yet at the same time if there is any big or substantial news, it will for sure be accounted for in weekly updates or Dateline Disney column.

We are than given this option:

"Of course, you can track the progress of the projects you see in this week's update by clicking on the photos with Project Tracker watermarks. MiceChat's Project Trackers are where you can find the latest news and discussion on the current projects going on around the Disneyland Resort."

Note Andy Castro saying... latest news AND discussion. All of these past discussions have been relevant to the current projects, even if at first glance seem way off. The project tracker acts as a way to go more in depth and hear fan, and "insider" opinions, and discuss rumors and our thoughts. So i dont think there is anything wrong with these long discussions.

Should the Project tracker only be activated for two days after each weekly update to curb the amount of Discussion, that goes on in a Discussion forum? I think not.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    True true true, yet at the same time if there is any big or substantial news, it will for sure be accounted for in weekly updates or Dateline Disney column.

We are than given this option:

"Of course, you can track the progress of the projects you see in this week's update by clicking on the photos with Project Tracker watermarks. MiceChat's Project Trackers are where you can find the latest news and discussion on the current projects going on around the Disneyland Resort."

Note Andy Castro saying... latest news AND discussion. All of these past discussions have been relevant to the current projects, even if at first glance seem way off. The project tracker acts as a way to go more in depth and hear fan, and "insider" opinions, and discuss rumors and our thoughts. So i dont think there is anything wrong with these long discussions.

Should the Project tracker only be activated for two days after each weekly update to curb the amount of Discussion, that goes on in a Discussion forum? I think not.
    Exactly

• Can Only Wish For More!

I'm sorry, but I guess it's time to go to another website to get my Disney forum fix...that is until this thread is back to talking about the latest news and discussion on the current (read:WoC & SSS, since those are the only things that we can discuss due to them being worked on now and not just preparing land) projects going on...
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post

jus' sayin'
    Yet you contribute to what you detest by commenting on a comment that was a complaint of the "rubbish". This just adds to the pile and doesn't really turn people's opinion either way. You just have to accept that the people in this forum are very well versed and very opinionated when it comes to Disney. This forum provides information on the DCA redo and people will express their opinions about it now and way after it's finished. There's really no way to change it without a constant editor that removes these posts but that's censorship in the worst way.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I'm sorry, but I guess it's time to go to another website to get my Disney forum fix...that is until this thread is back to talking about the latest news and discussion on the current (read:WoC & SSS, since those are the only things that we can discuss due to them being worked on now and not just preparing land) projects going on...
    Carsland is also in the works. Since when is the project tracker limited to discussing only CURRENT (as in, they're building them NOW) projects beyond just moving dirt around? I believe they're laying pipe and stuff over in Carsland.

Look, folks, if you don't like to read people's opinions then by all means, stay away from discussion forums. People will complain all day about how others are "wasting their time by interjecting their own opinions," but they'll fail to realize that their own post has NOTHING to do with current Phase I DCA Projects, but instead focuses on complaining about other's posts. When people interject their opinions about Phase I construction, at least they're staying on the topic.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Yet you contribute to what you detest by commenting on a comment that was a complaint of the "rubbish."....... <snip>
    You spoke my mind with this line.

• We Go On.

Let's not have anyone worry about "rubbish" at this point, the thread is basically over, and once the new one comes along it usually gets back to project tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There are four entrances that were planned to connect Cars Land to the rest of the park. The main drag being the Farm area. The other three that were planned are

1) Tower of Terror courtyard
    2) Pacific Wharf
    3) Flicks fun fair

Number three was still being debated when i last spoke to someone. Either way it would just be a matter of removing the large gates between hemliech and tuck & roll plus arranging the landscaping to create a proper transition
    I was looking at one of the model pictures and noticed the proposed change for the entrance to Fliks. Look at the drawing lines:

http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...and-model.html

It looks like they close off the current entrance and turn it into a backstage gate. Then move the Fliks entrance over to the south side and into the new Carsland area. The picture doesn't show if it's open to the ToT court or not. While I really like this idea of the new entry, it does seem to make ITTBAB an orphan attraction with no close tie in to Fliks. Or maybe they have an idea to move the queue so that it's accesed from inside Fliks? Which would make for a nicer anchor attraction for the FFF.

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl09 View Post
    So they may be keeping the fair? hmmmm... well, if they build an entrance of cars land through the fair, then I think that means that disney may consider reworking the Flik's fun fair area. Yup I'm one of those people who thinks the farmers/flik area needs help. It doesn't need to be removed or anything-just helped...
    they never intended to remove FFF. The land is popular with families and the small ones. If and when they open the walkway into Cars land it will also add more traffic to a land that sometimes gets lost due to its secluded out of the way location

double delete

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    I was looking at one of the model pictures and noticed the proposed change for the entrance to Fliks. Look at the drawing lines:

http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...and-model.html

It looks like they close off the current entrance and turn it into a backstage gate. Then move the Fliks entrance over to the south side and into the new Carsland area. The picture doesn't show if it's open to the ToT court or not. While I really like this idea of the new entry, it does seem to make ITTBAB an orphan attraction with no close tie in to Fliks. Or maybe they have an idea to move the queue so that it's accesed from inside Fliks? Which would make for a nicer anchor attraction for the FFF.
    no the original entrance to FFF will stay. that sketch is missing the cereal box entrance. actually its missing several key elements that are in the park. It was basically just used for reference to see how Maters would fit in the area and how the cars Land transition would work between FFF and Tower. Those back lot roads/walkways are there already and can be access on the south side right next to the cereal box and on the north side between the cereal box and the restrooms.

Also if i remember correctly that is not the final model for Cars Land. that was one of the original layouts that was used to sell the project. The model is rumored to be on display during the D23 convention in Anaheim because its too big to Display in the BSC

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Folks,

Before we close Project Tracker 6, I'd like to say a few things.

It is your participation and on-going interest in these threads that has made them the success that they are. We would never be on Thread 6 if it weren't for all of you. The DCA Project Tracker is YOUR DCA Project Tracker.

That being said, I'd like to say a couple things about what my intention was and always has been with these threads. Firstly, they were a place where I could easily keep track of the constantly-changing information on the DCA remodel and expansion. There wasn't anything else like this online, and I wanted a reference point. So I went ahead and made my own.

The beauty of making this reference point on MiceChat is that it allows this massive community of interested people to talk about it. And I chose to have the Project Tracker threads here on MiceChat instead of starting an independent web site for that very reason. It would be more accessible to all of us here, and allow us to actively discuss all of it in one convenient place.

For me, I have been, and always will be an advocate for organic discussion in the Project Trackers. I LOVE that for 2,000 posts each thread, the discussion is a free-flow of thoughts, news, photos, speculation, debate, and excitement. The huge DCA remodel and expansion offers a very broad range of discussion, and I welcome anything that is relevant to the $1 billion DCA Expansion here in this thread.

But that's where I stand. And I've already said that these threads are your threads. So all I ask is that discussion stays relevant in some significant form to a project listed in the original post.

As we move on to Thread VII, please be aware that these threads are a reference point for everything related to the DCA Remodel and Expansion. That includes anything from Macro's incredible "TECH STUFF" posts with in-depth discussion and speculation about World of Color construction, to heated debate about the thematic relevance of Cars characters in California. As far as I'm concerned, it's all fair game, and that's what makes these threads so fantastic.

We all have stronger interest in a different aspect of the DCA Remodel & Expansion. If you're more interested in news and photos, don't worry - all of that will be here. If you're more interested in theme debates, then by all means - go at it. Just be courteous of your other MiceChatters. If theme debates aren't your bag, hang in there - it will pass. It might take a few pages, but it will pass.

Thanks again for all of your continued participation, support, and interest. None of this would be here if it weren't for all of you.

- Andy

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |