Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464114 ... LastLast

• We Go On.

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

^Yes. We hope.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination View Post
    Lagoon is being filled THIS year. Sept/Oct to be precise...
    Then we hopefully get to see some WOC / Water Jet testing
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I think it will be pretty much all wrapped up by mid-summer 2012 with just details and a few minor things after that.

They want Carsland to open with the film in 2012 so they have a deadline there. TLM is set to be done in 2 years (2011). WoC and PP will be done by next spring/summer. Not sure on Buena Vista street since that project has changed start dates so many times.

I believe CARS II release date was pushed up by one year. if i remember correctly its summer of 2011 now.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe CARS II release date was pushed up by one year. if i remember correctly its summer of 2011 now.
    Yes, you're right... I totally forgot that. Thanks for pointing that out. Carsland WAS going to coincide with the movie, but the movie is earlier by one year now. <sigh> Way too many changes to keep up with them all.

Thanks MG for the trackers!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    ^Yes. We hope.
    So does Steve Davison. And Im betting as the show's creator AND an Imagineering Vice President, he's gonna be on top of this.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I was notified that Golden Dreams demolition, originally set to begin today (July 6), has been pushed back to July 15.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure and Mermaid Grotto (Includes Removal of Golden Dreams)
    Project Status: In progress. Golden Dreams closed to the public September 7, with the attraction open to school groups only through Spring 2009. Construction walls went up around Golden Dreams May 27, 2009. Golden Dreams Theater demolition was set to begin July 6, but has been delayed to July 15.
    Open Date: May 2011

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I was notified that Golden Dreams demolition, originally set to begin today (July 6), has been pushed back to July 15.
    The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure and Mermaid Grotto (Includes Removal of Golden Dreams)
    Project Status: In progress. Golden Dreams closed to the public September 7, with the attraction open to school groups only through Spring 2009. Construction walls went up around Golden Dreams May 27, 2009. Golden Dreams Theater demolition was set to begin July 6, but has been delayed to July 15.
    DARN! Wonder why?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Holy crap, pushed back to the 15th? That seems like a while away, I wonder why its being pushed back..

The Orange Stingers leaving! Yay! Silly Symphony Swings here we come!
    -Tyler

So is there any update on the new Beer Garden place? Isn't it supposed to be done by the time WOC opens? They should've started doing something by now then....
    I live and breathe for these artistic ladies...

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by andyjean View Post
    I remembered seeing some light house pictures.....
    Where are they going to put them at?
    Are you talking about the black structures? I allways assumed that they would go inside the lighthouse towers covered in rocks by the viewing area. Those look like the towers that move the projectors up and down inside. But that's just my guess
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

The more and more construction that I see on Carsland, the further I believe that we will see DCA go paradeless for 3 years. What are your guy's thoughts?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    The more and more construction that I see on Carsland, the further I believe that we will see DCA go paradeless for 3 years. What are your guy's thoughts?
    Why do you think so?

• Fleeting Inspiration

As far as I can tell, the structures being built along the extension for the viewing plaza (currently receiving stone work) are not the lighthouses. I don't believe they will contain projectors either, rather I think they are for extendable speaker towers, perhaps with some lighting units on them as well. The lighthouses with the projectors will be located behind the fountains, where they can best project clear images. They will be put on top of the black metal structures that are currently being attached to the foundation pads that run in front of the fun wheel. This has been talked about before many times.
    Last edited by WesternRiverExplorer; 07-06-2009 at 10:50 PM.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Why do you think so?
    I believe what Ice is suggesting is
    because of all the construction that
    the park will be undertaking in the
    coming years, there will be no parades
    running.

It would be an overwhelming logistic affair.

The parade route will be altered significantly
    with the development of Buana Vista Street
    and Carsland.

• Unhelpful User

Smile Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    As far as I can tell, the structures being built along the extension for the viewing plaza (currently receiving stone work) are not the lighthouses. I don't believe they will contain projectors either, rather I think they are for extendable speaker towers, perhaps with some lighting units on them as well. The lighthouses with the projectors will be located behind the fountains, where they can best project clear images. They will be put on top of the black metal structures that are currently being attracted to the foundation pads that run in front of the fun wheel. This has been talked about before many times.
    I don't think this is true at all. The structures along the viewing area are quite obviously the lighthouses. If you refer to the concept art in the blue sky cellar, the lighthouses have a very similarly designed stone base to what we see appearing. Also, who has ever heard of a lighthouse in the middle of a body of water anyway? They are always along the "shore"