Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920274267117 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

I've updated a bunch of entries with the new info in Al's 7/7 update. It's mostly just some fine-tuning of dates and whatnot. Nothing too major, but it's good to get these dates more refined. A lot of stuff listed in Al's update was already listed here, including the World of Color debut date, and Blue Sky Cellar re-open date. Let me know if I missed anything.

BUENA VISTA STREET
    Overall Project: Retheming of Sunshine Plaza into Buena Vista Street (originally planned to be called Walt Disney Plaza). New park icon, the Carthay Circle Theatre, Red Car Trolley transportation system, and various shops and restaurants.
    Project Status: Originally planned to begin Early 2009, the project was said to be scheduled to begin September 2011, but is now looking at a January 2010 start date.
    Open Date: December 2011

CARS LAND
    Overall Project: Utilizing 12 acres of the Timon Parking Lot, this is new land will feature three new attractions, and a major dining complex themed to Disney-Pixar's Cars
    Project Status: Project in development. Cars Land foundation work to begin late 2009.
    Open Date: June 2012

Corn Dog Castle retheming
    Details: The quick service dining location was originally said to be undergoing a Victorian-style re-theming in order to match the surrounding area's new theme. A June 30 report from MousePlanet's David Koenig says otherwise, however, indicating the dining location will be moved from its current location and reopen at a new location in Cars Land in 2012.
    Project Status: In progress. Construction walls went up June 1, 2009
    Open Date: Cast Member publications currently list it as returning June 2011, but that date may be in flux and can change, especially if rumors of a Cars Land relocation are true. In his 7/7 column, MiceAge's Al Lutz noted the Route 66 makeover being completed Summer 2010.

Souvenir 66 retheming

Details: Project includes retheming and renaming retail location as Seaside Souvenirs
    Project Status: In progress. Construction walls went up June 1, 2009
    Open Date: Cast Member publications currently list it as returning June 2011, but that date may be in flux and can change. In his 7/7 column, MiceAge's Al Lutz noted the Route 66 makeover being completed Summer 2010.

Mullholland Madness re-theme to Goofy's Sky Skool
    Project Status: Starts early January 2010
    Open Date: December 2010

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Just to clarify, The parade building right behind Screaming houses Pixar Play, HSM, Eliot the Dragon, and Mickey's Trick or Treat props. The other one houses DEP. Both these buildings are HUGE, but it looks like the one being built right now looks EVEN bigger!

And yes for the one hundreth time, the lighthouses will be behind the jets in front of Mickey's Fun Wheel. There will be six, each with a slightly different design. Not only that, but projecting an image on the screens from the front gives VERY blurry images. From the back, it's a lot clearer. And to make it even more clear and crip, each lighthouse will house 2 projections. There will be 2 exact images projected on the screens so it's brighter and crisper.
    Thanks, that was what we were saying, and I know you have said before as well. In regard to the structure being built, it doesn't even look like they've pulled the permit yet for the Red Car Barn, so I don't think it's that, and as you said, it looks like the start of a huge structure to me. I very much hope it turns out to be a new parade building. That would give so much more freedom to the future designs of both PP and CL.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Thanks for the update!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by boogafrito View Post
    that's a good point. They should also get rid of the aa's in jungle cruise. Lions, tigers, rhinos? Waaaaay too scary for kids.

And it's not like grizzly has a height requirement or something that would otherwise screen out the youngest of children, unlike jungle cruise...

lol

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Wow thats great news to hear!
    -Tyler

Good, maybe when I go with my boyfriend, the Mullholland will be closed for refurbishments. (I'm terrified of the idea to ride that...petrified of hights)

• Future Imagineer

California Adventure's retheming is going by so fast, yet so slow. =P I'm so impatient for all the new attractions and themes. Many of them seem like they're opening in such a long time, but it'll definitely be worth the wait once everything opens. I especially can't wait until Cars Land. I read somewhere that Disneyland only took a year to complete, yet California Adventure is taking a few years to retheme and get new additions.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    That's a good point. They should also get rid of the AA's in Jungle Cruise. Lions, tigers, rhinos? Waaaaay too scary for kids.

And it's not like Grizzly has a height requirement or something that would otherwise screen out the youngest of children, unlike Jungle Cruise...
    I don't think you get what I'm saying... Jungle Cruise has a comedic outlook added to it, but on GRR, there's not a skipper joking around with you the whole time and the AA's would probably be a lot more detailed, what with the technological advances that we have today. I know kids that are old enough to ride GRR that have been scared on Jungle Cruise.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
    I don't think you get what I'm saying... Jungle Cruise has a comedic outlook added to it, but on GRR, there's not a skipper joking around with you the whole time and the AA's would probably be a lot more detailed, what with the technological advances that we have today. I know kids that are old enough to ride GRR that have been scared on Jungle Cruise.
    I've always thought that GRR should get a more Marc Davis style of animals personally. I think it would be awesome if there were a few bears near the geysers so anyone walking by could enjoy them, maybe one floating up and down on a small geyser and one being amusingly taunted by a big fish. I really don't think that they'd be too scary if they were slightly cartoony looking and in funny, non-threatening situations. Although, I'd like a scary bear or two also added to the cave area. I don't think you can be overly sensitive about being scary, there are a million things at DL that could scare a kid, if they were all removed there litterally would be nothing left.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'd like a scary bear or two also added to the cave area.
    I agree. This alone would improve the
    attraction significantly.

• Mickey is not my Brother

There could also be more animals than just bears.

• Senior Minion

^Of course, there should be other animals, but it would be nice if there were a few good bear scenes.
    -Walt Disney

• Celebrate Today

I would really like to see bears there, they will add a lot of theming to the attraction, maybe some other animals could work, who knows.
    -Alex

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Thanks, that was what we were saying, and I know you have said before as well. In regard to the structure being built, it doesn't even look like they've pulled the permit yet for the Red Car Barn, so I don't think it's that, and as you said, it looks like the start of a huge structure to me. I very much hope it turns out to be a new parade building. That would give so much more freedom to the future designs of both PP and CL.
    It would be great if that parade barn beside Screamin's Station was removed it's an eyesore right there on the edge of the pier. Plus it frees up space inside the park for expansion. A plot of land that size could hold a Pacific Wharf dark ride! I guess the mystery will be solved soon. Al is hinting in his 7/7/09 update that its a maintenance and office building though.

One other note about the building, it's going up close to Harbor. The current perimeter fence was even removed to add the structure. I hope the DLR folks at least make it look a little attractive from street side. I'm not talking mega thememing, but maybe a fun paint job with characters on it, etc and some good landscaping. Just not an ugly eye sore.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Wink Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

I've always thought that GRR should get a more Marc Davis style of animals personally. I think it would be awesome if there were a few bears near the geysers so anyone walking by could enjoy them, maybe one floating up and down on a small geyser and one being amusingly taunted by a big fish. I really don't think that they'd be too scary if they were slightly cartoony looking and in funny, non-threatening situations. Although, I'd like a scary bear or two also added to the cave area. I don't think you can be overly sensitive about being scary, there are a million things at DL that could scare a kid, if they were all removed there litterally would be nothing left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    There could also be more animals than just bears.
    ^Of course, there should be other animals, but it would be nice if there were a few good bear scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Valve View Post
    I would really like to see bears there, they will add a lot of theming to the attraction, maybe some other animals could work, who knows.
    -Alex
    I say add in Humphrey The Bear picking up litter and putting it in his bag, bump, bump!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ol28kPTqa4]YouTube - Walt Disney - In The Bag - 1956[/ame]

<Joe>