Page 18 of 136 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021284368118 ... LastLast

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I say add in Humphrey The Bear picking up litter and putting it in his bag, bump, bump!

YouTube - Walt Disney - In The Bag - 1956

<Joe>

Humphrey and the Ranger would make great walk around characters for the Grizzly Peak area.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I've always thought that GRR should get a more Marc Davis style of animals personally. I think it would be awesome if there were a few bears near the geysers so anyone walking by could enjoy them, maybe one floating up and down on a small geyser and one being amusingly taunted by a big fish. I really don't think that they'd be too scary if they were slightly cartoony looking and in funny, non-threatening situations. Although, I'd like a scary bear or two also added to the cave area. I don't think you can be overly sensitive about being scary, there are a million things at DL that could scare a kid, if they were all removed there litterally would be nothing left.
    True, but I mean like yeti scary. I think if they put a little comic relief in with a bear it'd be fine. In the cave, if there was one further back from the rafts it'd be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I say add in Humphrey The Bear picking up litter and putting it in his bag, bump, bump!

YouTube - Walt Disney - In The Bag - 1956

<Joe>
    That'd be awesome

• I'm not really here

That would be cool.

Or even Donald and the nephews from:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHuMs2Iti00]YouTube - 1938 Donald Duck Good Scouts[/ame]

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Established 2005

Yes! Humphrey and the Ranger would be amazing. . .as well as the Donald and his nephews. I must find "In the Bag" on disc. MUST!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah we've all been saying how Humphrey and Ranger would have made great walk-around characters since 2001. 9 years later, Disney still doesn't hear us.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Do people from Disney read these boards at all?

• Mickey is not my Brother

Bears don't need to be ferocious in AA form, just look at the original Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland they had AA bear figures.
    Last edited by Oswald the Rabbitt; 07-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Bears don't need to be ferocious in AA form look at the original Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland they had AA bear figures.
    I completely agree. I don't know why each audio-animatronic debuting lately has to be so cutting edge. What's so impressive about Ariel's hair moving anyway? It just seems like a complete waste of money for an effect that fails to enhance much.

On the other hand, as prehistoric as they may be, the animals on the 'Jungle Cruise' still work perfectly. Half of the animals on the African Veldt move nothing more than a tail, and yet they still do their job of suspending disbelief.

How much can bears that simply move their neck cost to put in? The speed of Grizzly River Rapids wouldn't require the animals to need much movement...just placement more than anything.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know why each audio-animatronic debuting lately has to be so cutting edge. What's so impressive about Ariel's hair moving anyway? It just seems like a complete waste of money for an effect that fails to enhance much.
    Well, Disney really wants you to believe that you're underwater with Ariel in the new ride. In the movie, her hair flows in the water. It doesn't just hang there. It will be an added effect that actually will enhance the feeling of being underwater.

• I'm not really here

I don't know why each audio-animatronic debuting lately has to be so cutting edge. What's so impressive about Ariel's hair moving anyway? It just seems like a complete waste of money for an effect that fails to enhance much.
    The animals on Jungle Cruise work because they are animals. Ariel is an incredibly beloved Princess whose mannerisms and motion are well known by many people. These mannerisms will be looked for.

Animatronics need to be made cutting edge these days as other parks are doing this. Disney must at least keep up with other parks and really should be at least 1 step ahead of them.

As for Ariel's hair... You are underwater. Long, flowing hair does not simply hang down when you're underwater. It flows in the water currents and reacts to the motion of your head and body. It's almost as if it's in zero-g, but even that isn't true because it will eventually settle lower with time. The physics of hair underwater is actually incredibly complex, and without this effect, the underwater scene will fall noticeably flat. Now, they could have opted for simply doing a big plastic mold for her hair and having it static, but that would look ridiculous. Instead, they took the much more difficult path of working out a way to make her hair move realistically, to reinforce the "underwater" setting as well as to breath a level of life into this animatronic that has previously been unheard of anywhere. THIS is exactly what Disney should be doing. Giving us things we have never seen before, pushing the limits of the possible.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 07-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ Agree with you completely, Mycroft. Well said.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Since you seem to know so much about this animatronic, and it sounds like you've seen it already, care to elaborate?

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Well, Disney really wants you to believe that you're underwater with Ariel in the new ride. In the movie, her hair flows in the water. It doesn't just hang there. It will be an added effect that actually will enhance the feeling of being underwater.
    Hopefully this "added effect" makes me feel like I'm underwater, because I know the "added effects" they used on the Subs certainly didn't do their job of making me think the fish were really swimming in the water.
    Last edited by manifest; 07-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Hopefully Ariel's hair isn't made by the makers of the Fantasmic! Dragon or this ride just might not open until 2013

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Hopefully Ariel's hair isn't made by the makers of the Fantasmic! Dragon or this ride just might not open until 2013
    Just imagine... Testing Ariel's hair and the infrastructure fails and her hair falls off.. Oh, great.