Page 19 of 136 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122294469119 ... LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

"Mommy, does Ariel have cancer?"
    Last edited by The Disneylander; 07-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• DCA FTW!

lol^^
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I know you were joking, but not cool.
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 07-08-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added stuff in the wrong topic.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I know you were joking, but not cool.
    Don't worry-it was a joke. Sorry if I offended you (and any others).

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I know it is not funny, but I still had to left. Afterall kids say the darnest things.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Bring on all these DCA changes. I was just looking at the collection of DCA art on my blog, and I have to say I am pretty excited- wish it were all happening much faster!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know why each audio-animatronic debuting lately has to be so cutting edge.
    Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities in the future for Monsters- and Pooh-level animatronics to satisfy your need for mediocrity!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities in the future for Monsters- and Pooh-level animatronics to satisfy your need for mediocrity!
    Or Peter Pan and Pinocchio, for that matter! Or even cardboard cutouts like Mr. Toad!
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
    Jungle Cruise has a comedic outlook added to it, but on GRR, there's not a skipper joking around with you the whole time...
    You mean the guy at the front of the boat waving a gun around?

Perhaps a better comparison would be the Abominable Snowman in the Matterhorn. He's pretty scary. We should get rid of him for sure. Think of the children! Or maybe just add a bobsled skipper?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    You mean the guy at the front of the boat waving a gun around?

Perhaps a better comparison would be the Abominable Snowman in the Matterhorn. He's pretty scary. We should get rid of him for sure. Think of the children! Or maybe just add a bobsled skipper?
    Exactly. You can't just go and put major discretion, especially when it compromises the attraction experience.

I mean they won't go and put a SAW: The Ride in the parks, because, well, it's Disney. And when people think Disneyland they think, I hope, of quality attractions and immersive adventures.

GRR is not a child's ride. It is a pre-teen through adult ride IMO. Adding maybe some AAs with the new technology they have for AAs now (Abe is supposed to be the most advanced AA in North America) would boost the experience without a doubt. Maybe some effects that voice the storyline a bit more, such as the legend of the grizzly bear by adding some ghostly effects in the caves sort of like Brother Bear.

If any of you guys haven't read the plaque near Grizzly Peak explaining the legend, it is pretty interesting that they came up with an intricate story like that and just left it there, out of the way of nearly any guests.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The animals on Jungle Cruise work because they are animals. Ariel is an incredibly beloved Princess whose mannerisms and motion are well known by many people. These mannerisms will be looked for.

Animatronics need to be made cutting edge these days as other parks are doing this. Disney must at least keep up with other parks and really should be at least 1 step ahead of them.

As for Ariel's hair... You are underwater. Long, flowing hair does not simply hang down when you're underwater. It flows in the water currents and reacts to the motion of your head and body. It's almost as if it's in zero-g, but even that isn't true because it will eventually settle lower with time. The physics of hair underwater is actually incredibly complex, and without this effect, the underwater scene will fall noticeably flat. Now, they could have opted for simply doing a big plastic mold for her hair and having it static, but that would look ridiculous. Instead, they took the much more difficult path of working out a way to make her hair move realistically, to reinforce the "underwater" setting as well as to breath a level of life into this animatronic that has previously been unheard of anywhere. THIS is exactly what Disney should be doing. Giving us things we have never seen before, pushing the limits of the possible.
    EXACTLY! Great post.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post

GRR is not a child's ride. It is a pre-teen through adult ride IMO. Adding maybe some AAs with the new technology they have for AAs now (Abe is supposed to be the most advanced AA in North America) would boost the experience without a doubt. Maybe some effects that voice the storyline a bit more, such as the legend of the grizzly bear by adding some ghostly effects in the caves sort of like Brother Bear.
    I always see the smallest of children on this ride and they seem to enjoy it! Sometimes I wodner how they even got past the height requirement.
    I live and breathe for these artistic ladies...

Originally Posted by mycroft16
    The animals on Jungle Cruise work because they are animals. Ariel is an incredibly beloved Princess whose mannerisms and motion are well known by many people. These mannerisms will be looked for.

Animatronics need to be made cutting edge these days as other parks are doing this. Disney must at least keep up with other parks and really should be at least 1 step ahead of them.

As for Ariel's hair... You are underwater. Long, flowing hair does not simply hang down when you're underwater. It flows in the water currents and reacts to the motion of your head and body. It's almost as if it's in zero-g, but even that isn't true because it will eventually settle lower with time. The physics of hair underwater is actually incredibly complex, and without this effect, the underwater scene will fall noticeably flat. Now, they could have opted for simply doing a big plastic mold for her hair and having it static, but that would look ridiculous. Instead, they took the much more difficult path of working out a way to make her hair move realistically, to reinforce the "underwater" setting as well as to breath a level of life into this animatronic that has previously been unheard of anywhere. THIS is exactly what Disney should be doing. Giving us things we have never seen before, pushing the limits of the possible.

I recently watched TLM and upon hearing the animatronic hair explanation, i payed attention to ariels hair in the movie. While underwater her hair is GOING CRAZY!!. it never stops moving. The fact that the animators made the effort to make effects like this, something i didn't notice before in the movie, makes it even more necessary to make the hair move in the ride.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    I recently watched TLM and upon hearing the animatronic hair explanation, i payed attention to ariels hair in the movie. While underwater her hair is GOING CRAZY!!. it never stops moving. The fact that the animators made the effort to make effects like this, something i didn't notice before in the movie, makes it even more necessary to make the hair move in the ride.
    It's details like this that have made TLM my favorite Disney movie

They are things you simply don't notice when you're watching it. But if they weren't there, it would look and feel very wrong. You might not be able to put your finger on what it was exactly, but it just wouldn't be right. I can't wait to see how they pull it off in the ride.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Some much deserved recognition to DCA mgmt - the Paradise Pier games now have themed prizes.

(credit to the "DL News Today" website for the pictures below.)

Some photos of the new Disney prizes at the Games of the Boardwalk

WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.