Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070120 ... LastLast

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Those prizes! Wow, I'm glad they finally have themed prizes instead of giving us a dinky fish for rolling balls. I would've expected Disney to do prize theming the first time these opened, because Disney is usually above and beyond (that goes for pricing too ) in everything. I'm just glad we have em' now!

Although I do love those games, so anything looks good (doesn't help that I'm only 14 huh?)

• Drink life to the lees.

Do you guys think that the new World of Color show will be the Fantasmic!-killer that some people are hoping for??

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities in the future for Monsters- and Pooh-level animatronics to satisfy your need for mediocrity!
    Good example of two attractions with large budgets that produced weak attractions. Sometimes I go on Pooh just to try to spot where the 30million dollars went.

My point earlier is being completely misconstrude by the way. I don't want
    The Little Mermaid attraction to have outdated animatronics: I just don't
    find having a separate computer system for Ariel's hair necessary when money might be better spent elsewhere.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and it's amazing. I'm pulling for it. I just can't help but be skeptical with Disney as of late.

I'm VERY glad they got those themed prizes. With the other prizes, they just seemed really out of place.

GRR shouldn't really be too scary, but maybe some comical almost country bear like bears. I'd love to see a mine train through nature's wonderland type ride in the Grizzly Peak area...

I think if disney goes all out on TLM ride, and spends all they need to, on animatronics for hair and all, this ride has the potential to be a D+ or maybe even E+ ticket.

• We Go On.

^At this rate, I think D+ is the very least it can be. Now it looks like E+. But you never know, it may go down a ticket. Let's hope Ariel and her hair can keep it at an E.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's all about the stuff in and surrounding the ride that makes it a D or E. Haunted Mansion: E. Buzz Lightyear: D. Same ride system. Different qualities of theming.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• King of Los Angeles

Buzz Lightyear is the most entertaining ride in the resort period. No lip from you Coheteboy....

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's all about the stuff in and surrounding the ride that makes it a D or E. Haunted Mansion: E. Buzz Lightyear: D. Same ride system. Different qualities of theming.
    From the video in the BSC of Lasseter being shown TLM models, the rockwork and various corals and such make it look like the interior caverns of Splash Mountain. That level anyway (not same style or anything). If that's truly what they are going for, then this ride definitely has a great chance of living up to Disneyland. Of course that is one single element, and ALL of them have to be to the high level of quality. It's going to be fun to watch this one progress.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Buzz Lightyear is the most entertaining ride in the resort period. No lip from you Coheteboy....

I must respectfully disagree.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I personally think that TLM ride could be a sleeper hit - better than the Racers in CarsLand. Personally, I'm more excited for the TLM - large scale family dark ride hopefully built in the spirit of classic DL rides like Pirates and HM.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Use your imagination...

Im surprised no one has mentioned what Al wrote in the editors note for today!

Editor's Note 7/9: John Lasseter was in Anaheim yesterday for the WDI groundbreaking of Cars Land. After the ceremony and some DCA discussion, he and his wife spent the rest of their time just hanging out in Disneyland and charming the CM's who needed the morale boost. The mega-budget Cars Land project has begun!

YAY!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post
    Whoa, how did I miss that one!? Thanks for posting it DL2006!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    Do you guys think that the new World of Color show will be the Fantasmic!-killer that some people are hoping for??
    World of Color is not meant to be a
    Fantasmic! killer.

It is meant as another entertainment
    offering that is suppose to spread the crowds
    of guest throughout Disneyland and
    California Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    I personally think that TLM ride could be a sleeper hit - better than the Racers in CarsLand. Personally, I'm more excited for the TLM - large scale family dark ride hopefully built in the spirit of classic DL rides like Pirates and HM.
    Considering that Ariel's UnderSea Adventure
    has been stated as an E-Ticket plus, it is
    likely that the attraction will be on the same
    caliber of both The Haunted Mansion and
    Pirates of the Caribbean.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post

Editor's Note 7/9: John Lasseter was in Anaheim yesterday for the WDI groundbreaking of Cars Land. After the ceremony and some DCA discussion, he and his wife spent the rest of their time just hanging out in Disneyland and charming the CM's who needed the morale boost. The mega-budget Cars Land project has begun!
    Thanks for pointing that out here. I updated the OP with the ground breaking date and linked back to your post that contains Al's Editor's Note for future reference

CARS LAND
    Overall Project: Utilizing 12 acres of the former Timon Parking Lot, this is new land will feature three new attractions including a major new "E"-Ticket attraction, Radiator Springs Racers, as well as new shopping and dining experiences themed to Disney-Pixar's Cars
    Project Status: In progress. Walt Disney Imagineering officially broke ground on the Cars Land project July 8, 2009, according to the July 9 MiceAge.com Editor's Note by Al Lutz.
    Open Date: June 2012

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Addicted to MC since '08

Wahoo for Cars Land construction! I'll be happier when the name is changed to Radaitor Springs or Route 66. Heck, I'd even settle for Car Land just to avoid the name being tied into the movie.