Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122 ... LastLast

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

yeah honestly i really am hoping that the rockwork continues all the way around the wall area, becuz it looks completely random just being in ONE spot. It would make it look significantly better if they spread it over the entire retaining wall, cuz then it would actually make it look like a coast. I hope they do this. However, the rocks that are there do look quite amazing.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I agree rocks should added to surround the entire penninsula. Plus it would blend in well with the real rocks under the Golden Zephyr structure.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Rocks!! I really hope they do put rocks all the way around the lagoon side. The rocks would look random if they didn't do anything else, but a better random than a concrete retaining wall, right? I can't wait for Cars Land work to start!!

I have a few questions from Darkbeer's update today.

1 - will the Katella pedestrian entrance open once construction is complete?
    2 - when will the parking "mess" be resolved? Is there a 2nd deck really coming? I keep hearing about he one on the Pumbaa lot, but no contrete details.
    3 - where is this off site parking lot located that is being used for construction staging and vehicle inspection? Looks like it's the year 2000 all over. Construction abounds around the DL resort.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

The off-site lot is right behind the Del Taco. You head east on Katella and it's right before you cross under the freeway.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Do these rocks contain any equipment for World of Color? I can see that as the only reason to put them there.

• failure for lunch

I'm really curious to see if they do more rockwork around the shore.

It just doesn't make sense not to.

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I'm really curious to see if they do more rockwork around the shore.

It just doesn't make sense not to.
    While I agree that is makes sense to add more rock work, from the look of the rebar already in place, the amount of rebar that was brought to the site and the placemnt of the scafolding, it looks like just that one section of rock wiill be added. Nothing more.

I would also hope that new round wall they built to seal off the ustworthy channel near the Ornage Stinker will get some faux rocks when the work on the new Swings gets started.

• failure for lunch

If the internet rumors are correct, they're filling the lagoon back up relatively soon. From what I've read, rumor has it there will be water in the lagoon by labor day weekend, which is Sept 7th....less than two months.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Do these rocks contain any equipment for World of Color? I can see that as the only reason to put them there.
    Not the rocks themselves but the black box that they're hiding will contain equipment. The rocks are hollow.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    If the internet rumors are correct, they're filling the lagoon back up relatively soon. From what I've read, rumor has it there will be water in the lagoon by labor day weekend, which is Sept 7th....less than two months.
    I posted this question earlier in regards to this if they are filling up in September why are they waiting until 2010 to open the show. is going to honestly take 3-5 months to have everything checked and ready?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    Is going to honestly take 3-5 months to have everything checked and ready?
    Many of us would prefer so in order
    to make the show phenominal as it has
    been hyped up to be.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    been hyped up to be.
    Yes that is true. They are still perfecting the story, doing recording sessions, figureing out sequences, making the new backgrounds and possibly new animation(I don't know about this) etc. There is still a lot of off stage stuff to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    been hyped up to be.

Well we can look at the F! problems/ mistakes/ mishaps/ disasters/ etc. and hope that WDI has learned from this (not saying everything is their fault). But if they set an EXACT DATE like the date that was set for Nightastic!, and the date isnt met, everything is thrown off.

But, if the lagoon is really being filled 3-4 months before the "Proposed Opening night," than there is ample time to perfect every effect, and possibly open the show before the intended date. Thus making guest happy, rather than getting their hopes up and letting them down (cough cough).

IMO I'd rather see the lagoon filled a year early even and have everything perfect and it open before the proposed date...or on time obviously, rather than everything rushed, filled the week before and fail just before the big night.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    I posted this question earlier in regards to this if they are filling up in September why are they waiting until 2010 to open the show. is going to honestly take 3-5 months to have everything checked and ready?
    Yes, it really is. They have to fill the lagoon to do testing on each and every single fountain and all the show components. Then they will most likely partially drain the lagoon to the level of the decking to fix and work on anything that needs to be adjusted before re-topping it off to retest everything. This will continue for 3-5 months until everything is perfect and they can begin doing full scale run throughs of the show segments as well as full dress rehearsals.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter