Page 23 of 136 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

I guess i was just getting my hopes up that it may open earlier! but it probably is for the best to test out every detail to make sure that all the componets work properly and etc.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

^ i still have my hopes up!!!!! im at the resort for a week starting on Presidents day in Feb and i wont be back in the country for a couple of years, I cant change my dates so all i can do is hope!!!!!!!!!
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yes, it really is. They have to fill the lagoon to do testing on each and every single fountain and all the show components. Then they will most likely partially drain the lagoon to the level of the decking to fix and work on anything that needs to be adjusted before re-topping it off to retest everything. This will continue for 3-5 months until everything is perfect and they can begin doing full scale run throughs of the show segments as well as full dress rehearsals.
    Dress rehearsals?

I didn't hear anything about live actors being in the show... or is the term dress rehearsals also used loosely with other types of shows?

• MidwestInfoGuide Editor

Dress rehearsal is a technical term for any run-through of a performance before an opening night when the show may be stopped for adjustments at any time.

^Oh, thanks. I thought so, I was just unsure because I've only heard it in plays or musicals.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    I posted this question earlier in regards to this if they are filling up in September why are they waiting until 2010 to open the show. is going to honestly take 3-5 months to have everything checked and ready?
    Along with having time for test and adjust they also need to make sure that the new viewing area and walkways around it have been finished. That is not suppose to be done by the time they fill the bay. They are doing most of the work that is on the edge of the platform but there is still plenty of work to be done on the actual viewing platform along with adding lighting, landscape and proper railings.

So even though the goal is to have water in the bay by September the show is not sue to debut till Spring of 2010. By then guest should be able to not only enjoy Mickey's funwheel but also Silly Symphony as well as rethemed Midway games and newly brand new themed stores on the boardwalk.

During that time they will also encounter walls from the Golden Dreams dome all the way around to Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Work will be going on with the new restaurant, GSS, rethemed corn dog castle, new rethemed souvenir shop and of course Mermaid. One big sea of blue walls on the outer edge of Paradise Pier
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-10-2009 at 07:41 PM.

• would love some pie

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Dress rehearsal is a technical term for any run-through of a performance before an opening night when the show may be stopped for adjustments at any time.
    Okay, I'm being picky, but dress rehearsals do not involve stopping. That's a tech rehearsal. Dress rehearsals are the final rehearsals that are run completely and then adjusted after they are over. Sorry, just the inner drama freak coming to the surface.

Either way, I can't wait to see WoC rehearsals. They should be magnificent.
    KABLAM!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    One big sea of blue walls on the outer edge of Paradise Pier
    Yes, but that will still be infinitely better than the corridor of blue walls we have now!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-11-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    I think it sort of sticks out having a clump of rocks just in the one spot, and not wrapping around the wall. I would love to see more rocks that would surround the wall.
    It would be cool to see some more rocks, but it looks as if these are mostly to hide the equipment in the bay. They just added some extra ones to make it seem more natural. I wonder if they would have added the rocks if they did not have anything to hide.

If they just added some of the stone textures they are using for the audience area it would give the walls a less modern feel, less perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Yes, but that will still be infinitely better than the corridor or blue walls we have now!
    yes it will although i like walls. The more walls the more work that is being done

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post

If they just added some of the stone textures they are using for the audience area it would give the walls a less modern feel, less perfect.
    I also like that idea, it would be easier to do and change the look of those ugly walls

• Banned User

One great thing about working in PP! I get to see them testing the jets and stuff when I close!!! Man I can't wait for them to fill up the lagoon!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

yes it will although i like walls. The more walls the more work that is being done
    Wait until next year and there will be a Front Gate of WALLS!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post

That's a great idea for the retaining wall around the sand bar. It would look a 100 times better and blend in with the new rock work MUCH better. Lets hope that is something they already have in the plan!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I also like that idea, it would be easier to do and change the look of those ugly walls
    I like it when the walls come down. That means the work is done. And when the work is done, we get to experience whatever it is they've been working on!