Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930375277127 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

They should provide spell check on this site! sorry just a little joke!

Is BSC going to update their exhibits as the park progresses or is just until paradise pier is complete?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
    Hatbox this is foor you!! I liike comnig on hear to right abuot disney not get speling lesoons!!
    Then maybe take a look at some other threads. I've seen plenty of threads with grammar/spelling correction related comments. Now, could we PLEASE move on with this and stay on topic?
    Last edited by HatboxGhost209; 07-13-2009 at 12:32 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

Smile Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post

Is BSC going to update their exhibits as the park progresses or is just until paradise pier is complete?
    Your humor is appreciated.

^Mine obviously isn't??
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    I am a neurovariant so at times I pick up things and end up usimg them in my writing and/or speech. I used to spend a lot of time online with Aussies and Brits so I picked up a lot of their spelling habits that come out when I am tired, sorry for upsetting some people so much with my oopsy.

I think it is sad that someone should spend energy correcting the spelling of people and not focus what this thread is about. And thank you to those who looked around the spelling and gave their opinions which are very good points.

I was at DCA by the Golden Zephyr and the rocks are a nice touch to what would have been blank walls.

I rediscovered a picture of my grandmother and my grandfathger along with my Aunt in 1923. It was in a studio and in the back ground is a roller coaster, dance hall, and ferris wheel. If I had known Darkbeer was going to be there I could of loaned it to him to scan. It looks a lot like Paradise Pier. I spent time on the internet looking at old psrk postcards and Paradise Pier does at times look like them old time parks.

http://www.janetmcnaughton.ca/sunnyside2.jpg
    Sunnyside Park in the 1920's in Toronto.

Shocking news for me is that they allow bathing suits in the parks. Security guard lady said that even though the kid was 10 years old probably that swim suits are allowed in the parks.

I used the far right elevator for Tower of Terror and what a long twisting exit. At least I got to see that they had the far left line open which is the stairs that go up two flights I think but not sure so that is one debate solved.

Sat on the front row and far right of Soarin' which is where I seen that Soarin' has these marks on the screen it looks like, not sure what it is b ut that does need fixing.

Taste Pilot Grill served regular fries instead of criss cross fries today.
    You know that we're running out of things to talk about when someone reports on the fries served at a restaurant...

Seriously though, I saw that mark on Soarin' too. I was there a few months ago and sad to see that it hasn't been fixed yet.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    You know that we're running out of things to talk about when someone reports on the fries served at a restaurant...

Seriously though, I saw that mark on Soarin' too. I was there a few months ago and sad to see that it hasn't been fixed yet.
    The fries were special at Taste Pilot Grill and that is why I mentioned it. For me it was very special to eat criss cross french fries and I rarely can find them in a restaurant. Now they have plain old fries that went into the trash.

The fries were part of little tidbits that I saw yetserday that people might be interested in. My main point is that Soarin's screen is damaged and that I found somthing that showed to me how the theming of the boardwalk is more and more evolving into something that we were promised, a 1920's and 1930's amusement park. To me that was like wow that picture looks so much like parts of DCA.

Maybe ti would cost so much to repair or replace the screen that Disney will not fix the screen at Soarin'. Haunted mansion has a broken pane of glass that can only be replaced by removing the roof of the building. The Grand Canyon Diorama has bullet holes but replacing the glass would be very hard to do and would be very costly. Some things need repairing but the repairs are not possible. It was weird setting on the end and seeing a battle ship curving instead of being straight, weird warping effect on the ends.
    If the topics run lwo then I suggest people chime in with new things to discuss.

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post

Sat on the front row and far right of Soarin' which is where I seen that Soarin' has these marks on the screen it looks like, not sure what it is b ut that does need fixing.
    Those marks are on the print. I saw them too. They disappear and reappear which means it's not the screen.

Here is something new about the DCA makeover,

More rock texture is getting added to other areas of the viewing section besides the towers.

I agree with you Churchlady the crisscut fries at Pilot grill are much better than regular fries.

Disney is having a five to ten minute survey about the food locations at DCA. They are getting information to see what peoples reactions is to some of the food changes and also getting opinions on what else people would like to see as food offerings.

I suggest people participate. The survey location is next to the guest relation office at DCA. On the left side when you go in. They have you sit in front of a computer and answer some questions. The questions all have a section for people to add as much information as you want on your dislikes and likes of the food offerings at DCA.

This information will help them evaluate what kind of menus get added to new eateries that are part of the expansion as well as make adjustments to the ones that are open already.

Some of the question are very similar to ones we have discussed here including whether or not people that go to the park are in search of healthy food only or if they prefer to have their choice of what to eat. I have told friend to let them know their concerns about the elimination of fries over the chips. Disney should know that a guest should be able to pick what they want
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Here is something new about the DCA makeover,

More rock texture is getting added to other areas of the viewing section besides the towers.

Pics?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

I agree with you Churchlady the crisscut fries at Pilot grill are much better than regular fries.

Some of the question are very similar to ones we have discussed here including whether or not people that go to the park are in search of healthy food only or if they prefer to have their choice of what to eat. I have told friend to let them know their concerns about the elimination of fries over the chips. Disney should know that a guest should be able to pick what they want
    Yes! The criss cut fries are better than regular Disney fries...
    I also agree that Disney should not try and be so PC about their food offerings. Yes, they should offer healthy choices, but that does not mean you take every french fry etc, off the menus. When people go to theme parks they are celebrating, vacationing, taking a break from their regular life and they should be able to eat what they choose. Personally, I do not like to be told what to eat and others probably don't either. It's too "big brother" for me...
    I do applaud Disney for trying to make their food healthier, because that is always a plus, however, some of the changes they are making to their recipes for "health's" sake are a disaster. Has anyone noticed the recipe change on the sugar cookie sold in the bakeries at DL and DCA? The "healthy" version is TERRIBLE. We used to love the old sugar cookie!! It was so good and we always looked forward to treating ourselves to a delicious sugar cookie when we visited the parks. But no more since they changed the recipe!!

• We Go On.

Hatbox this is foor you!! I liike comnig on hear to right abuot disney not get speling lesoons!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HatboxGhost209 View Post
    Then maybe take a look at some other threads. I've seen plenty of threads with grammar/spelling corection related comments. Now, could we PLEASE move on with this and stay on topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    Your humor is appreciated.
    ^Mine obviously isn't??
    Apparently not. (Well, I appreciated it.) By the way, HatboxGhost209, you mispelled correction in your above post. Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's fine.

Anyway, with the early completion of World of Colour (sorry, color ) construction, is there a new completion estimate for the viewing area? It seems to be coming along nicely.

• Minion

criss-cross fires? Is that the same as they serve at Chik-Fila??? If so i LOVE criss cross fries!!!

So is it safe to say that a majority of the World of Colors technical installation and construction in the pond is done since they are now working on rocks?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• We Go On.

^Chik FilA fries are (almost) the best (next to In-N-Out, of course).

And I second disneyNEWdad's question. I personally haven't seen any progress down there.

• Pilot EdForceOne

also known as... 'waffle fries'
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Anyway, with the early completion of World of Colour (sorry, color ) construction, is there a new completion estimate for the viewing area? It seems to be coming along nicely.
    World of Color isn't going to be completed early. The lagoon is simply getting filled. They still have months of testing and tuning. Major construction will be complete, but the show itself is far from done.

It is during the testing/tuning phase that viewing area construction will continue.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter