Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast

• DL is my anti-drug.

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    There are links to a few galleries in the first post.
    Cars Land Gallery
    Thanks! I've never seen that before.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Yes! The criss cut fries are better than regular Disney fries...
    I also agree that Disney should not try and be so PC about their food offerings. Yes, they should offer healthy choices, but that does not mean you take every french fry etc, off the menus. When people go to theme parks they are celebrating, vacationing, taking a break from their regular life and they should be able to eat what they choose. Personally, I do not like to be told what to eat and others probably don't either. It's too "big brother" for me...
    I concur we should be able to choose to eat what we want, which is why I'm happy we're finally getting some healthy options to choose from. I didn't previously have that choice at DL, and didn't like being told I had to eat burgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc. More salmon salad please...

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    World of Color isn't going to be completed early. The lagoon is simply getting filled. They still have months of testing and tuning. Major construction will be complete, but the show itself is far from done.

It is during the testing/tuning phase that viewing area construction will continue.
    I never said anything about World of Color getting completed early, just the construction. So... has the viewing area schedule changed at all from what we thought it was?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

So looking at Andys update today I noticed how many wires are coming on the tracks from backstage. i'm thinking eventually they may cover where i goes above water with rock or possible in cave

• Banned User

As far as I know they still have more jets to add and the mistfans and a lot of other elements. I think it looks like nothings happened because they are getting to the nitty gritty details of making sure this cable is in the right place and etc.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I never said anything about World of Color getting completed early, just the construction. So... has the viewing area schedule changed at all from what we thought it was?
    Do we know for certain that construction on WoC is actually finishing early? Or did they always plan to have it done by this time to allow for lengthy testing and adjusting?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fireworks Finatic!

I'm curious to see when they start installing the lighting for the fountains. And it's hard to tell so far, but are any of those nozzles similar to the Bellagio fountains that move around? I would guess there may a be new technology for that type of fountain jet, so maybe it's just not recognizable yet. More detail stuff should be going in sooner rather than later if they still want to fill the bay by Labor Day.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Those marks are on the print. I saw them too. They disappear and reappear which means it's not the screen.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I have a fear of falling and so love that I can ride Soarin' without freaking out and even like leaning way over to look at the bottom of the screen.

I think they are doing things in phases and that it will be done on time. It is going to take a while to get them rocks in place. I can see the false rocks covering maintenance, security, speakers, and other things. At least it will look like a rocky shoreline which still fits in the 1920's amusement park theming. It is better than looking at blank walls. I would not doubt that the rocks were on their schedule to start this month but were minor details that they did not make public. I see they have a ramp down to the front of the seating area. I am wondering how they will handle disabled guests at the new viewing area.

Disney is pushing to get rid of transfat from foods thus in time recipes change. They also at times change providers of ingredients or even products. I have seen different barbecue sauce used at different restaurants.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

From the OC Register's Around Disney blog:

California Adventure’s Orange Stinger closes to get ’silly’
    The spiral-peeled orange that marks the skyline of Disney’s California Adventure will soon be gone. The Orange Stinger swing ride closes for good beginning Tuesday.
    It will be re-born as the Silly Symphonies Swings, featuring characters from the first colorized Mickey Mouse cartoon: “The Band Concert,” from 1935.

The attraction will remain a ride in which guests are suspended in swings that twirl around in circles.

The short features an orchestra made up of farm animals and conducted by Mickey Mouse, heckled by Donald Duck and his copious flute collection and finally swept up in a tornado – all the while playing variations of “William Tell Overture.”
    Disney Spokesman John McClintock said that though the dismantling of the Stinger will start immediately, workers won’t start “peeling the orange” until sometime next week.

The newly themed swing ride will feature Mickey as the conductor on the top, and the cows, horses, dogs, pigs and other animals making up the band’s musicians will decorate the rest of the ride.

McClintock said Disney officials expect the Silly Symphonies Swings to open in spring of 2010, at around the same time the World of Color water and light show opens.

The refurbishment is part of Disney’s $1-billion expansion and re-theming of California Adventure.

Disney hopes to make the park more attractive after several years of lackluster attendance. Part of the strategy is to link the attractions there more closely with Disney and Pixar movie and character themes.

-----

I've updated the Orange Stinger entry in the OP with more detailed information, from the article.
    Orange Stinger retheme to Silly Symphony Swings
    Project Status: Attraction begins to begin 'dismantling' July 14, 2009 with the decorative orange peel removal beginning the week of July 20, according to Around Disney.
    Open Date: April 28, 2010

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

About time!

• I'm not really here

I'm excited to watch this one progress.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I'm going to DCA tonight to get one more ride on Orange Stinger!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

I see that Golden Dreams demolition is set to begin on Wednesday. Does anyone know if that means the actual structural parts or does it mean interior demolition first? Also, when they actually do demo the building, will it be a wrecking ball type or could they implode it one night? I'm guessing it's too small to implode, rather that they'll just attack it will a wrecking ball.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I'm curious to see when they start installing the lighting for the fountains. And it's hard to tell so far, but are any of those nozzles similar to the Bellagio fountains that move around? I would guess there may a be new technology for that type of fountain jet, so maybe it's just not recognizable yet. More detail stuff should be going in sooner rather than later if they still want to fill the bay by Labor Day.
    Per the latest pics from the bay the Whips and moving fountains haven't been installed yet. They should look something like below, its an older model but you can tell it has a joints for movement and on board lights.

Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Do we know for certain that construction on WoC is actually finishing early? Or did they always plan to have it done by this time to allow for lengthy testing and adjusting?
    You get the idea. They're filling the lagoon earlier than we thought.