Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41926272829303132395479129 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

yeah, as much as people want to talk about WoC construction being done early etc.. remember we haven't seen a SINGLE light yet. The water elements are no where near done, and that's only PART of the show. They have a long long ways to go. Don't be decieved by the lack of visible progress of late.

Also for those that didn't notice, in some of the latest photo updates you can see the black 'boxes' in the platform we have speculated as equipment holds (the boxes with the squares on top) have been covered with the grating like the rest of the deck now. I think this puts to bed the questions over if they will raise with the rest of the platform.. they basically have to now.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

So Orange Stinger going under the knife....cant wait to see the construction when I go on the 23rd.

Does anyone have a link to the new pictures of the lagoon?

Also i saw this picture sure makes the entrance look like one hella park!
    Last edited by d.N.d.; 07-13-2009 at 11:56 PM.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I see that Golden Dreams demolition is set to begin on Wednesday. Does anyone know if that means the actual structural parts or does it mean interior demolition first? Also, when they actually do demo the building, will it be a wrecking ball type or could they implode it one night? I'm guessing it's too small to implode, rather that they'll just attack it will a wrecking ball.
    Neither. It will most likely be an excavator-mounted hydraulic jackhammer, which will do the job just fine.

Wrecking balls are hardly used anymore, but it certain cases are still practical on smaller projects to save on budget, and explosives are used when jackhammers cannot get the job done due to, but not limited to, the size and/or strength of a structure.

• Banned User

There is nothing to indicate that the water will be added in the next 6 weeks. They need to finish adding the rocks to the walls around the pier as well as other cosmetic touches along the water edge. They need to finish installing all the components of the show. There needs to be repairs to the boat dock hidden on the east side. There needs to be installed necessary sound systems above water. There needs to be added above ground security measures and other stuff I do not know what they could be adding. They need to finish the viewing area except for a few minor details. They need to remove everything from the bay. Then maybe they will finally fill in the bay.

I would say they would use the hydraulic jackhammer but could do an implosion. The problem is the amount of noise and the close proximity to the hotel and residences. A nice quick implosion would solve the problem but would the city allow an implosion so close to the hotel, I doubt it.

Also there will be needed time to strip the theater of stuff to use in other parks and to sell on Ebay. They could use the seats in HISTA, lol.

I wait for the dust to settle.

• Pilot EdForceOne

It's a steel structure. $5 says you see the skin come off... then it simply comes down in pieces.. either removed or cut off in large panels removed by crane.

They'll remove the swings inside, then simply take the thing down piece meal. I don't know why you all are concerned it some massive thing that needs explosions or other wild things.

Taking the wand down at EPCOT is more exotic then this thing. The only question is how much the structure can free stand or if it needs supports while it's taken down.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Banned User

Personally I would go with stripping the building of salvageable stuff for Ebay and use in other places then demolition with jack hammers as that is quieter and would produce less dust.

It is the nature of the micechatter to think about the most elaborate and spectacular way to do something. Personally I would strip the building then have a big kaboom with dust billowing in the air as someone plays "When you wish upon a star" or "Taps". Full out event for the demolition of the building.

Business and common sense goes with stripping then jack hammers and other demolition tools. That or let me use my scooter on it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's a steel structure. $5 says you see the skin come off... then it simply comes down in pieces.. either removed or cut off in large panels removed by crane.

They'll remove the swings inside, then simply take the thing down piece meal. I don't know why you all are concerned it some massive thing that needs explosions or other wild things.

Taking the wand down at EPCOT is more exotic then this thing. The only question is how much the structure can free stand or if it needs supports while it's taken down.
    I believe they were talking about the Golden Dreams building not the Stinger.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    I believe they were talking about the Golden Dreams building not the Stinger.
    Yeah, I see that now. Thx

But on that topic - I thought the going rumor was the existing dome building was going to be reused - not demo'd.

It would make sense to repurpose the preshow and entrance areas.. and then use walkways/etc to get to a larger showbuilding that is set further back to be better concealed.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

The dome will remain, largely unchanged is concept art is to be believed. And we know how that can go.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Tech in Training

They probably will stay true to the concept art on this one because they had a good reason for keeping it there-the fact that it's a major San Francisco landmark and it's in the San Francisco area. I think that that reason merits its staying.

• failure for lunch

The dome will stay, the theatre behind it is being demolished.
    The theatre as it stands is completely gutted waiting for it's day to meet the
    wrecking ball.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I just hope that they bulid more San Francisco houses on the side where the old bathrooms are. It would make the SF buildings a street leading to the fine arts dome and then transition to little mermaid
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

I figure they will do to the Orange Stinger what they did to the King Arthur Carrousel. They will strip it down to the base and inspect everything for damage such as wood rot, corrossion, and metal fatigue then put it back together again.

I wonder how the old Cocina Cucaracha (whatever) is doing and if it is being refurb yet. It would have been nice to have a little coffee shop in the corner of San Francisco Street or sell Rice a Roni the San Franciso Treat. They have the cappuccino cart so it would be nice for a little snack spot there instead of the cart. It just is a facade for people to plop on and try the doors. I did notice the fern and flowers in the sconce on one of the doorways.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ How do you figure that? We've had every indication that the retheming to the Silly Symphony Swings is going ahead, as planned.

I think we've all become a little too cynical after the wraparound boardwalk fiasco.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Drink life to the lees.

Will they try and push the opening of Carsland up to 2011 since the movie release for Cars 2 was pushed up to that year?