Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 112633343536373839466186 ... LastLast

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo1221 View Post
    Blue. Looooots and lots of blue.
    Not if Flora makes the wall pink first!

Anyway, I wish I could see the Blue Sky Cellar tomorrow, but my AP expired last year. It's a shame, too, because I want to see more stuff for the World of Color nighttime show!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow for all you guys who complain about the crap in these threads, you really do add to the waste by being snobs about it. And you know what, it's actually worse than the folks who moan about the attraction because... at least THEY'RE talking about DCA and its improvements or lack there of.

Please please think about what you're saying before acting all high and mighty.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    What happens if attendance does not go up?
    good question but i doubt it would happen. The park has steadily seen increase in attendance every year.The question is how much it will jump with the new additions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    good question but i doubt it would happen. The park has steadily seen increase in attendance every year.The question is how much it will jump with the new additions.
    This is good news. I am sure the attendance will skyrocket with World of Color and all the huge new attractions coming. Knowing Disney, we'll be sure the word will be widely spread.
    Last edited by stevo505; 07-16-2009 at 10:51 AM.

• Banned User

Ok guys, sorry I was just posting my opnion, but I do apoligize and all post are very much appreciated and read by me. I know I have no life, I keep checking this thread ti see any shred on news so I guess thats why I said it, but oh well.

I can't wait for tomorrow!! I'll be waiting in line to get in BSC! I can't wait, that chesire artwork has got my blood pumping!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    This is good news. I am sure the attendance will skyrocket with World of Color and all the huge new attractions coming. Knowing Disney, we'll be sure the word will be widely spread.
    The success of the expansion will hinge on the advertising campaign that will coincide with BVS and Carsland. They need to ensure that the new attitude is lost on no one- and facilitate positive word of mouth- something which I think could be accomplished by a name change and a large public 're-christening ceremony' to draw the media and large crowds.

2011 will be a major step forward as well- with Paradise Pier 'completed', but the real draw will be the 1-2 punch of Star Tours II and The Little Mermaid- which I have to hope Disney will cross promote with deals for locals.

it will be interesting to see if they continue the same marketing practice as WDW. Most new additions there are advertised as opening in WDW instead of a specific park. Not until you reach the property do the billboards point out what park.

They have been doing the same with additions to DCA and have mostly been advertised as opening at the Disneyland RESORT

World of color will be amazing. Think about how much the technology must have improved since F!
    But I'm excited for cars land too. I'm hoping that possibly the rides would provide more thrills for some of the older crowds (ages 10 and up)while still being "Disney" like.
    But I think that Disney should work on the Farmers area/ port area. Everything is so spread out there and not very many people visit it anymore( although I do enjoy a good tortia). They should clean it up and consider some rethinking there.

Oh how I love smiles!

A large section of the farm area will be removed to create the entrance for Carsland and the addition of Maters Junkyard attraction.

The wharf is not changing but WDI has considered that area for a possible change into something else once the contracts are over for Mission and Boudini.

I wish they had reconsidered the change over of the Cocina Cucamonga eatery. That large eatery that used to be the chinese restuarant and the eating area next to it is a huge piece of property. The eating area platform could have easily been extended a bit towards the Paradise pier bridge. This large area could have made a great plot for an actual attraction.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl09 View Post
    But I think that Disney should work on the Farmers area/ port area. Everything is so spread out there and not very many people visit it anymore( although I do enjoy a good tortia). They should clean it up and consider some rethinking there.

I think the Farm area will actually disappear when CarsLand is built. The Pacific Wharf however will remain as it is.

edit. baloo beat me to it

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

That's good to know.
    But what about a bug's land? I like the decoration there, the artistic effort. But the rides are not the best. I haven't been in that part lately though.
    Just for me personally the farmer area was kind of a misrepresentation of California. Yes there's agriculture, but California isn't the main produce area.
    Another area that should be used would be the rope climb area over by GRR. It's so big. Maybe (just thinking outloud, I know it won't happen they could build an expedition everst there. It goes perfect with the theme of the area.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Minion

^I agree i like fliks fun fair a nice break from the sun and its a good place for kids to play almost like the "fantasyland" of DCA almost. Obviously they are not original rides but the theming is nice.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl09 View Post
    That's good to know.
    But what about a bug's land? I like the decoration there, the artistic effort. But the rides are not the best. I haven't been in that part lately though.
    Just for me personally the farmer area was kind of a misrepresentation of California. Yes there's agriculture, but California isn't the main produce area.
    Another area that should be used would be the rope climb area over by GRR. It's so big. Maybe (just thinking outloud, I know it won't happen they could build an expedition everst there. It goes perfect with the theme of the area.
    What does everest have to do with California? The Grizzly Gulch coaster maybe, but it's a bit close to Big Thunder.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I cannot wait for the BSC to open up! I have been low key about it this week but now I am dying with anticipation!

I think this is like my second post..but i've been reading these threads for going on 5 years and I have never been so excited for concept art. I'm more excited than when the 50th stuff was going around.